💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Lady Gagas Strained Voice

Economy

Featured Posts

Not to bump this, but videos from last night already show a significant improvement from last week to this week, in my opinion.

Her belting is much less raspier and much more clear and rounded. It's getting close to how she sounded with this show in Jan/Feb, if not already equally in place.

3 points in and ready for more

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/24/2019 at 1:21 AM, Madling said:

its not kind, loving or caring for accounts she follows to post if that is losing her voice, or that she sounds really bad compared to 2 years ago etc knowing damn well she can see it.  As usual her fans are the worst. 

I'm going to say it again, she has the most critical and mocking fandom i have ever seen. We all actually don't deserve her and one of these days you all are going to realize that. 

Oh and those twitter stan accounts that you all follow who mock her 80% of the time are not actually fans.  They are there for likes, retweets, clout and attention. 

She's a professional artist with millions of fans around the world.  Fans of art are allowed to critique should they choose as long as those critiques are in regards to her work.  We all love Gaga or we wouldn't have joined a forum to discuss her.  I think it's silly to expect nothing but praise all of the time. 

Alfonso
On 10/23/2019 at 11:28 PM, derpmonster said:

Well trained singers tend not to deteriorate significantly with time. She can be careful and rework/adjust her technique to be better (it might be a good idea to get another opinion from a new teacher instead of the one she's always had). My voice teacher is in his 50s and he sings better now than he did when he was younger. Tony doesn't sing amazingly anymore but he was almost 90 when he recorded C2C.

It's too early for that to happen to Gaga's voice. Her voice has actually gained richness. Her strain is different from that. Her tone has improved I would say.

I think you're a little bit mistaken here. She used to push even back then but her voice was higher and she could get away with pushing at those high notes. Pre-Fame, she even shouted her way through G5s. If you notice in her performances since JWT, ASIB, and now (except the last few), she actually uses her head voice much more instead of belting. That helps make those notes not shouty. She is just used to belting and it's the thing she's most trained in, so she tries to hit D5s and E5 in her full voice. She needs to be more careful and use her head voice and mixed voice for those notes until her voice recovers. And she has done a lot of that lately (again, ignoring the last few performances).

This!!

A lot of broadway / opera singers take care of their voice, learning and using special / healthier techniques, and follow a certain diet to be able to sing regularly and be fit for many years more.. 

I really hope that gaga and her team recognize the issue quickly and act before it gets worse. I really wish she stops smoking but let's see what happens :pray:

Madling
59 minutes ago, MACATL said:

She's a professional artist with millions of fans around the world.  Fans of art are allowed to critique should they choose as long as those critiques are in regards to her work.  We all love Gaga or we wouldn't have joined a forum to discuss her.  I think it's silly to expect nothing but praise all of the time. 

I think it's "silly" that you think it's OK how some fans talk about her.  

And you don't know the Internet if you think everyone on here are fans. 99% probably are, but people like to troll. 

And sure, most are fans, but some are fans of a particular version of Gaga. The" crazy" pre-Joanne one. So no matter her astounding accomplishments since then, they just bash her because they don't like who she is now. 

And you're deluded if you think the criticism she gets is fair and justified. And often it has nothing to do with her work. Fans should have a certain amount of respect for their artist, just as a human being with feelings. They know she can see what they write too. So no, there's nothing constructive about endlessly  trashing an entire show that's been critically and financially successful, on the premise that you hate a freakin wig or a costume. And they mick her looks, love life etc too. I stand by post. 

Lilmonzter

I mean I think of it as constructive but sometimes destructive criticism 

There's a reason why they call us monsters

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3eagE3bWYUGQjG2bQWYO

The only little monster in GOT :vegas:

Sing C'est la vie 

Bradley
On 10/24/2019 at 10:35 AM, FentyGa said:

i mean

who knows her career better than we do?

besides her of course

and of course we should be kinder as a group and such...but i think our concern regarding her voice is reasonable

at the end of the day, it all comes from a place of love and care

But WHERE is her strained voice? I've been watching both Enigma and Jazz & Piano videos consistently for each and every leg, including the most recent Leg 3, she sounds great in all of them? She's got standing ovations left and right for her jazz shows and Enigma got everyone crying and screaming and putting their monster paws up.

She sounds great.

On 10/29/2019 at 1:41 AM, Madling said:

I think it's "silly" that you think it's OK how some fans talk about her.  

And you don't know the Internet if you think everyone on here are fans. 99% probably are, but people like to troll. 

And sure, most are fans, but some are fans of a particular version of Gaga. The" crazy" pre-Joanne one. So no matter her astounding accomplishments since then, they just bash her because they don't like who she is now. 

And you're deluded if you think the criticism she gets is fair and justified. And often it has nothing to do with her work. Fans should have a certain amount of respect for their artist, just as a human being with feelings. They know she can see what they write too. So no, there's nothing constructive about endlessly  trashing an entire show that's been critically and financially successful, on the premise that you hate a freakin wig or a costume. And they mick her looks, love life etc too. I stand by post. 

soooo we are in agreement.  As long as it has to do with the work itself (vocal choices included), critique away.  

I saw her live at Jazz & Piano earlier this month and it definitely felt a bit strained. She didn't quite hit some of the higher notes. Maybe she was just out of practice. 

Madling
3 hours ago, MACATL said:

soooo we are in agreement.  As long as it has to do with the work itself (vocal choices included), critique away.  

If you think some of the things said about her work/performance/choices are a fair critique then you're part of the problem. But it's obvious who the early gaga fans are v the lifetime career fans. 

On 10/23/2019 at 9:32 PM, Economy said:

But i still think her vocals for Shallow on the Oscar performance were strained :neyde:

But that was an isolated event dont kill me :cryga:

Oh yeah those were, but I think we can very easily attribute that to nerves. I mean, she was the one EVERYONE was watching that night and that was THE performance everyone was watching as well.

gypsy101
On 10/24/2019 at 12:16 AM, Maleficent said:

voices lose their richness with age. they become much less full and kind of tinny. Even happened to Barbra. Cher’s voice is definitely thinner than it was 40 years ago and so is Madonna’s and Mariah’s. It’s normal and just another shitty thing about ageing that cosmetics, surgeries, and wigs can’t fix. 

there’s a few singers that still sound great as they age. one that comes to mind is Patti LuPone, she still sounds absolutely fabulous at the age of 70.

Archived