Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Justin Trudeau predicted to win elections

Featured Posts

OBEY

Liberal minority is projected for Canada. Now let's wait for the official results (fingers crossed) and see what happens next...

Edited by OBEY

JusKeepBreathin

Thank God Comedy GIF by CBC

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

JustinTrudeau

Too early to celebrate, but I do have my champagne bottle ready and set aside...

I fell down the stairs once as an actor.

JustinTrudeau
19 minutes ago, GoldenPonyboy said:

Thank god Sabrina Spellman Salem GIF by Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

hopefully the ppc dont win any seats

Bernier is currently losing his home riding last time I check at 10:33pm. : https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/election2019/results/ :teehee: Not officially, though.

EDIT: He officially lost his riding. 

Edited by JustinTrudeau
I fell down the stairs once as an actor.
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1

StarstruckIllusion
11 minutes ago, JustinTrudeau said:

Bernier is currently losing his home riding last time I check at 10:33pm. : https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/election2019/results/ :teehee: Not officially, though.

EDIT: He officially lost his riding. 

Sksksk

The Far Right losing whew I love this song (and country)

• LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1

Judas Society

So he's still president but since they lost the majority, they have to work with other parties in the parliament? I wonder if they will help balance things out and force him to prove his worth or will it all be one huge argument over the next few years where nothing gets done again...?

AlexanderMagno

I'm surprised, I thought it was unanimous that his mandate was a non-event for Canada's growth.

Honestly, I don't think the scandals were a big deal. There really are bigger issues to deal with in the world, and I'm glad Canada is not made of GGD members.

The result of this election sounds like a good move from Canadians. The world needs political stability right now, and keeping Trudeau doesn't hurt anyone, but at the same time he will have a fair amount of opposition. 

Katharine Hepburn

Hopefully their loss of MPs will prompt a better leader of the Liberal party for the next election 

xoxo Joanne
  • Thanks 1

Economy
13 hours ago, Judas Society said:

So he's still president but since they lost the majority, they have to work with other parties in the parliament? I wonder if they will help balance things out and force him to prove his worth or will it all be one huge argument over the next few years where nothing gets done again...?

Basically. Minority Governments have a hard time passing anything unless they work with other parties

Given that a lot of their platform is similar to Conservatives (major opposition) this time around tho, its possible the Conservatives will pass the Liberals versions of promisses they made, unless they wanna be difficult for political reasons which is the more likely outcome

Economy
13 hours ago, AlexanderMagno said:

I'm surprised, I thought it was unanimous that his mandate was a non-event for Canada's growth.

Honestly, I don't think the scandals were a big deal. There really are bigger issues to deal with in the world, and I'm glad Canada is not made of GGD members.

The result of this election sounds like a good move from Canadians. The world needs political stability right now, and keeping Trudeau doesn't hurt anyone, but at the same time he will have a fair amount of opposition. 

U mean economic growth?

yeah whether Conservatives or Liberals won the economy wasnt expected to alter much because their plans are not that different

Other than the Carbon tax which is the one major thing they disagree on, all the other stuff they disagree on are small trivial tax credits and programs that on the grand scheme of things doesnt affect much. But the main stuff they have similar plans they had laid out

had it been the Left Wing NDP that won, the potential changes to the economy would be way more drastic (for better or for worse)

AlexanderMagno
11 hours ago, Economy said:

U mean economic growth?

yeah whether Conservatives or Liberals won the economy wasnt expected to alter much because their plans are not that different

Other than the Carbon tax which is the one major thing they disagree on, all the other stuff they disagree on are small trivial tax credits and programs that on the grand scheme of things doesnt affect much. But the main stuff they have similar plans they had laid out

had it been the Left Wing NDP that won, the potential changes to the economy would be way more drastic (for better or for worse)

Yes, honestly I'm not really into the issue here, but from what I hear Trudeau was very socially active but didn't do much else. Again, I might be completely wrong.

Knowing that liberals and conservatives have similar economic perspectives really shows that, in the end, everyone is working towards the best for their country. The carbon tax might have been the deal breaker then, Green initiatives are a big force right now.

Edited by AlexanderMagno