💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

'Video Games' song of decade win at Q awards

box

Featured Posts

Lana Del Rey's haunting ballad Video Games has been named song of the decade at the Q Awards in London.

"I'm so honoured. This is unreal," said the star, who accepted the prize via video link. 

Released in 2011, Video Games was initially rejected by dozens of record labels, who said it was too long, too moody, and lacked the drums it needed to get played on the radio.

But it became the singer's breakthrough hit, reaching number nine in the UK.

"I just can't tell you how much this means," the star said in her acceptance speech. "I got my start in London so I wish I could be there, but I'm there in spirit."

The rest of the Q Awards were dominated by grime- with Stormzy, Dizzee Racsal and Little Simz all picking up major prizes.

Stormzy picked up best solo act, beating Liam Gallagher, and seemed uncharacteristically nervous as he took to the podium.

"This means a lot to me. It's been a very crazy year for myself and my team and my family... I'm at a loss for words."

The star, who headlined Glastonbury in June, also announced that his publishing company, Merky Books, had acquired the rights to the autobiography of best-selling Young Adult author Malorie Blackman.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-50080526?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ocid=socialflow_twitter&ns_campaign=bbcnews

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lilmonzter

:heart:

Congratulations to Lana

One of my favourite songs of hers

This and Ride are bomb :woohoo:

Sing C'est la vie 

1 minute ago, Lilmonzter said:

:heart:

Congratulations to Lana

One of my favourite songs of hers

This and Ride are bomb :woohoo:

Tis a great song:kiss:

Ryusei

And all this cause her boyfriend at the time ignored her and played world of warcraft :diane: 

Musery

AlexanderMagno

Congratulations, it is indeed a defining song in music landscape. And a beautiful one.

alextruper17
4 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

I- :rip:

I wish that I could dance on a single pray

I -

I wish that I could be strong without permission yeah

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

alextruper17
Just now, Andreu said:

I am a huge Lana fan but this was a random choice

Summertime Sadness deserved :flower:

Imo it should be National Anthem or Summertime sadness, but yes I agree it was a random choice

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

Just now, alextruper17 said:

Imo it should be National Anthem or Summertime sadness, but yes I agree it was a random choice

It was voted on by a group of writers at q magazine

Archived