what is the gwen reference? the video's unavailable in my country :selena:

same sis :saladga:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BlingNotTheMusic
7 minutes ago, Venus Rose said:

same sis :saladga:

They're just saying she sounds like Gwen in the song. Like, she literally doesn't sound like Gaga. I think...

Venus Rose
1 minute ago, Lilmonzter said:

The Fame is a classic at this point :heart:

We have no choice but to stan.

lady antebellum GIF

AJRocketMan
11 hours ago, SlaeUrAnus said:

I feel like many fans sleep on The Fame era. I remember that era like yesterday, the album changed pop & EDM music forever :nick:

I wouldn’t go that far. Popular music was already moving in that direction, but The Fame accelerated the change.

On 10/16/2019 at 6:31 PM, Lord Temptation said:

Well The Fame is still a challenging album, it has elements of satire that I think most people wouldn’t even recognise, but Gaga’s albums only got more challenging as she developed her artistry. Also, I have a feeling it’s only his favourite because it’s the only one he’s actually listened to. Could be wrong though, he did produce one track on ARTPOP.

Well production wise and performing wise The Fame is more challenging compared to Joanne. I mean  upbeat electropop  songs aren't as easy to perform live as balads are (talking about singing). Its just an example but you know what I mean.

Lord Temptation
1 hour ago, Galvon said:

Well production wise and performing wise The Fame is more challenging compared to Joanne. I mean  upbeat electropop  songs aren't as easy to perform live as balads are (talking about singing). Its just an example but you know what I mean.

I kinda get what you mean. Then again songs like Million Reasons require very strict breath control, while A-Yo and lots of other tracks have a gravelly tone that can actually hurt a person’s throat if not sung carefully.

The production on Joanne was, as Mark Ronson put it, “analogue” with lots of live instrumentation, which is obviously more challenging compared to making music on a laptop. Also Gaga started learning the guitar just for the album.

So it was definitely a very challenging album, physically and also mentally.

6 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

I kinda get what you mean. Then again songs like Million Reasons require very strict breath control, while A-Yo and lots of other tracks have a gravelly tone that can actually hurt a person’s throat if not sung carefully.

The production on Joanne was, as Mark Ronson put it, “analogue” with lots of live instrumentation, which is obviously more challenging compared to making music on a laptop. Also Gaga started learning the guitar just for the album.

So it was definitely a very challenging album, physically and also mentally.

True. I wasn't trying to say Joanne wasn't challenging.

But I feel like electropop is underestimated by a lot of people. Everyone is always in aaww when someone in a big dress sings a balad. but when someone has sang an upbeat pop song most people complain about how different it sounds compared to the cd and think they cant sing because they think they hear autotune etc.

Lord Temptation
9 hours ago, Galvon said:

True. I wasn't trying to say Joanne wasn't challenging.

But I feel like electropop is underestimated by a lot of people. Everyone is always in aaww when someone in a big dress sings a balad. but when someone has sang an upbeat pop song most people complain about how different it sounds compared to the cd and think they cant sing because they think they hear autotune etc.

Yes, you are right. I think the public is always more critical or cynical when it comes to electronic pop or dance pop. It is harder to make a great show because there are so many fans who just dismiss the genre altogether, which is sad. 

Archived