Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is This All Calculated?

OMonster

Featured Posts

OMonster

From tweets that call out the media, to comments that reference relevant  'hot topics'  - could Gaga's latest tweets be part of a wider marketing campaign?

Intentional or not, Gaga's 'viral' quality has never been higher.

From meme-inspired tweets:

To comments that play on what's hot:

... Gaga is constantly at the top of social media with her uncanny style.

And one thing is for sure - there's a reason why she has kept tweeting this way. 

Sure, it might all just be a bit of fun. 

But Gaga isn't just a random person using social media.

There's a team behind her... a team who will approve each tweet; one that has a PR agenda that far exceeds Twitter's trending list. 

Think about it:

From mentioning Adele to Fortnite - Gaga's tweets appeal to the GP in a relatable, non-invasive way. 

They put her on their feeds without any hard-sell.

It's natural, fun... and kind of genius. 

Spoiler

Again, I'm sure that Gaga is having fun with these tweets, and I am sure there isn't *solely* a business motive behind her increasing online presence. 

But from expressing dislike for social media, to suddenly using it more frequently than before - all when new music is dropping relatively soon - certainly feels at least a little calculated... no?

What do you think?

* Update:

Spoiler

Sorry to bump this - but reflecting on what's happened / happening today... Gaga's social activity is *certainly* calculated and for the promo. 

I don't know how to feel about it. 

Part of me thinks it's a relevant and clever marketing strategy. 

Another part of me think it's a little cheap, and somewhat 'below' the Gaga of today. 

Either way... with Gaga's team focusing on this level of organic promo - LG6 / lead single is clearly coming very soon. 

subtext / fantasy

Bonkers

Yes

:huntyga:   +  :derpga:  +  :laughga:  x  :wtfga::wtfga::wtfga::wtfga: = The Plan to align our chakras with LG6

2eda4a3348d48968acb5cba4dc25d4ad.gif

source.gif

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

RAMROD

No. Gaga is an artist, not an Economist. She don’t calculate.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4xd0BjY1YbkVNtp7ojoa

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

OMonster
5 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

No. Gaga is an artist, not an Economist. She don’t calculate.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4xd0BjY1YbkVNtp7ojoa

Gaga is very much part of an economical system. 

And marketing in music has been moving to viral content for a long time. 

There's an artist in the UK called Lewis Capaldi - and he's a great case study for how 'memes' can = chart success. 

To me, it just doesn't totally add up. She hates social media but is using it more and more.

Her team know what they're doing, and it's working.

subtext / fantasy

bloody g

I partially agree. I think she is taking the lady gaga persona to the next level and bringing it to the gen Z. I think it's part of a PR plan but she is still the one behind those tweets.

It might just be the natural evolution of Lady Gaga herself. A post on social media can result in massive attention and shock value (which Lady Gaga has always relied on).

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

James Gibson

This is indeed a point. Little before she started doing these 'trolling' tweets people here on GGD and fans in general were upset how she was absent and only posting little things to promote when she was so active on social media before 2018.

It's not that every tweet is an album hint or something. But her team def calculates these type of posts cause there's so few of them. She gives space to people to react and laugh at these random stuff before putting another.  Otherwise if she posted everyday it would become trivial, many tweets might get lost and people wouldn't care anymore.

So I'm finding great she's having fun at this again and giving some low-key hype before embarking on big promotions

Part of me hopes that she's just being her old silly self on twitter. The other part of me hopes it is tied to a larger marketing strategy, because that  would show some forethought about an era that we haven't see in... maybe a while :huntyga: Hopefully it's a bit of both.

I guess there is no downside here, which is good!

bloody g

I'm just saying that I believe each celebrity creates a unique personality in their social media so they can sell themselves to the general public and gather personal success in their career. Like some sort of unique selling proposition of personality.

I'm not saying Gaga decided to tweet like a crackhead for clout but I'm not denying it either. :ladyhaha:

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

SharkmanthaC

I can't wait until I go to school tomorrow and all my 4th graders are talking about someone tweeting about Fortnite. :poot:

she/her/hers

48 minutes ago, OMonster said:

Lewis Capaldi - and he's a great case study for how 'memes' can = chart success. 

I know him but may I ask how memes are related to him? I've always been curious how he got popular this year

Archived