“The only real star at the moment is Lady Gaga." - Elton John

Brie Candy

Featured Posts

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gypsy101
6 hours ago, Katniss said:

They both can't act, so there's no shade.

yeah cause all stars have to act :ladyhaha:

also i don’t think we’ve ever seen Adele do any acting

ltlmnstr

Yet he said we should agree with Ellen about a warmonger murderer

I am old enough to remember the Bush administration. I’m not letting history have revisionist discourse.

Look up Free Speech Zones and see how Bush strangled the right to protest.

PartySick

I'm here for the praise but that's not even remotely true :poot:

Even though Gaga is about the only modern pop star I stan (and I would agree that she's the beat :ally:) plenty of them are mega talented superstars that are on track to have their names plastered in music history not only with their respective sparks but with longevity.

Anyone who denies icon status to people like Beyonce, Adele, Rihanna, Taylor, Bieber, maybe even Katy and others is LYING.

While Gaga might be the brightest star in our sky, she's far from the only one :diane:

🖤

AJRocketMan

Why would Gaga even want to be a Barbara Streisand? Barbara’s music is extremely uninteresting. There’s no sense of individuality or artistry in her music as it’s made to focus on her voice. Not the subject matter, not the lyrics, not the instrumentation, not the beats, not anything other than the voice. Her music was merely a means to profit off of people with pedestrian music taste while she pursues acting as her main career. I don’t want Gaga to be like Barbara. I want the music to be a priority and I want it to be her primary creative outlet rather than an afterthought or a side project.

And Elton is wrong. You can be a star through the sole power of your music. That’s why Madonna, Michael Jackson, Prince, David Bowie, and Freddie Mercury are legends. I want Gaga to be like that. I want the music to be the main focus. F*ck Elton John!

4 hours ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

If he is referring to someone multifaceted then yes Gaga, Beyonce, JLo are the stars. But The Who, Fleetwood Mac aren't. He needs to make up his mind on what his definition is. 

Yeah I’m not totally sure what he means, but I don’t think it necessarily has to do with numbers? I think people are reading into it a bit too much saying he is shading so and so. This just seems like him saying stuff; it’s not like he went through a list of pop stars and crossed them all off arriving at Gaga lolol

33 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

Why would Gaga even want to be a Barbara Streisand? Barbara’s music is extremely uninteresting. There’s no sense of individuality or artistry in her music as it’s made to focus on her voice. Not the subject matter, not the lyrics, not the instrumentation, not the beats, not anything other than the voice. Her music was merely a means to profit off of people with pedestrian music taste while she pursues acting as her main career. I don’t want Gaga to be like Barbara. I want the music to be a priority and I want it to be her primary creative outlet rather than an afterthought or a side project.

And Elton is wrong. You can be a star through the sole power of your music. That’s why Madonna, Michael Jackson, Prince, David Bowie, and Freddie Mercury are legends. I want to be like that. I want the music to be the main focus. F*ck Elton John!

I agree so much. I hate hearing fans boast about how LG is the next Barbra or Cher or Liza Minelli. No thanks. They are all talented and great performers but none of them are great interesting artists. Give me Madonna over Cher.

Gov Hooka
1 hour ago, AJRocketMan said:

And Elton is wrong. You can be a star through the sole power of your music. That’s why Madonna, Michael Jackson, Prince, David Bowie, and Freddie Mercury are legends. I want to be like that. I want the music to be the main focus. F*ck Elton John!

/thread :tea:

LIKELADYAGAGA
3 hours ago, PartySick said:

I'm here for the praise but that's not even remotely true :poot:

Even though Gaga is about the only modern pop star I stan (and I would agree that she's the beat :ally:) plenty of them are mega talented superstars that are on track to have their names plastered in music history not only with their respective sparks but with longevity.

Anyone who denies icon status to people like Beyonce, Adele, Rihanna, Taylor, Bieber, maybe even Katy and others is LYING.

While Gaga might be the brightest star in our sky, she's far from the only one :diane:

I think what he is trying to say is that Gaga has the power to be relevant for 30 more years while these other artists don't. 

GAGAVENUS
9 hours ago, LilyLark said:

Taylor to a certain degree

I agree. I love Taylor but she's not as big outside of the US

MonsterMom
9 hours ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

The compliement is nice but it's a lie. Taylor, Beyonce, maybe Jlo even, are true stars.

nick miller GIF

Archived