Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Revolutionary Green Energy Killed By Trump

Featured Posts

Economy

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.popularmechanics.com/science/energy/amp25728221/terrapower-china-bill-gates-trump/

(Netflix documentary inside bills mind goes into more detail but this article has a lot of the main points)

I saw a little documentary on this yesterday and it infuriated me so i had to post

Basically one of the things Bill Gates foundation had been working on was innovation for clean energy including nuclear innovation 

He founded a start-up “TerraPower” which he has since worked with closely to design a cheaper, safer and more environmentally friendly way of producing nuclear. The revolutionary new design has the following advantages:

- Uses uranium enriched bi-products from other Nuclear plants so the waste instead of being dumped can be used and we dont have to have an ecological foot print to dig up new material

- More cost effective making energy cheaper

- The flow of energy and heat from the bi-products is more stable and easier to manage making a nuclear accident much less likely to happen in the first place, but in the off chance it still happened, it would be less hazardous than regular nuclear plants

The new design had the potential to provide massive amounts of 0 emissions-free energy without creating new nuclear bi-products and greatly reducing the chances of any accidents

The big issue is that the innital investment to start up new equipment designs that havent been done before and then building the plants is insanely expensive (despite long term cost advantage) even for someone like Bill Gates

So Bill Gates was able to workout a deal with Chineese manufacturers that had the means to produce what he needed and for a much cheaper price tag of $3 Billion than what Bill could get in any other Country that has what he needed 

Bill Gates pledged to fund the $3 Billion innitial start up costs plus the continued funding of the Start-Up Terra Power which would continue to oversee the progress and designs.

Plans were moving forward well and contracts signed until Trumps trade war and some of his bans forced Bill Gates the Chineese Manufacturers who had signed a contract with eachther to sign it off

In essence, a form of energy that had a complete design, and could fill the intermittent gaps of 0 emmissions energy like Solar and Wind and create a lot of it, for an affordable price, and had the advantage of consuming bi-products that now dont gave to be dumped has now single handedly been put on hold by Donald Trump :koons:

Edited by Economy
  • Sad 5

the Devil of Pop

Classic Orange Man! Zero oversight or thinking about the future whatsoever. Textbook capitalist short sighted numbers-chasing! Get those profits bigged up boys so we can all earn asspats from our shareholders to make up for our loveless sociopath lives 

How can I protect something so perfect without evil?

Economy

The $3 Billion price tag for the innital phase btw is a bargain. Nuclear produces a lot of energy and is affordable long term but the innital cost of building a plant is expensive 

Because the design is new many if the parts were new and custom made and not yet mass produce which makes the innitial investment even more expensive 

Between the TerraPower funding costs, this manufacturing deal and implementation Bill Gates could probably get the first plants and phase running for a total of just $5 Billion to $6 Billion tho additional costs would come in time

the Chineese provided a price tag Bill Gates was willing to pay

Trump by making this deal impossible with the trade policies with China right now force Bill to either wait it out and see or have to start over with another Nation that may provide a price tag that is much higher which he may or may not be willing to pay

Economy
3 minutes ago, the Devil of Pop said:

Classic Orange Man! Zero oversight or thinking about the future whatsoever. Textbook capitalist short sighted numbers-chasing! Get those profits bigged up boys so we can all earn asspats from our shareholders to make up for our loveless sociopath lives 

Trump probably didnt even know about this

but it goes to show the consequences of his wrekless impulsive ways of dealing with other Countries

• Like 2

Marilyn MonHoe

So Trump’s stupidity is not only destroying America but also the planet. I’m not shocked at all.

• Sad 1

Economy
2 minutes ago, Marilyn MonHoe said:

So Trump’s stupidity is not only destroying America but also the planet. I’m not shocked at all.

When i was whatching the documentary and Bill and his colleagues from this project were talking about how well it was all coming along, the tone of their voices sounded like there was a “but” coming along... and given the deal involved China i had a feeling the but had something to do with Orange Cheeto :neyde:

And of course I was right :saladga:

• Sad 1

Marilyn MonHoe
5 minutes ago, Economy said:

@Marilyn MonHoe

found this short clip on youtube that explains some of the concept and its failure because of politics

Wow that would’ve been some amazing technology! Too bad Trump ruined it. I wonder if we would be able to ink a new deal when Trump is replaced?

• Like 1

Flopplause

This man just wants to see the world burn....another reason why I want Trump incarcerated :lolly: He's not politically correct, then I'm not gonna be politically correct.Periodt

Edited by Flopplause
  • Thanks 1

Economy
14 minutes ago, Marilyn MonHoe said:

Wow that would’ve been some amazing technology! Too bad Trump ruined it. I wonder if we would be able to ink a new deal when Trump is replaced?

I dont know maybe. Bill said he hasnt given up on the idea but that for now its stalled and on hold

if he has to do a deal with another Country a lot of the proccess would have to start all over again between permits and blue prints as well for another Company. Also his startup TerraPower is in China because it was going to oversee the project there so it would have to be dismantled and moved and restarted somewhere else. Years of work would have to be restarted

Also theres limited Countries in the world with company manufacturers capable of what he needs and all the other options would cost way more

Most of what he needs is not yet mass produced. Its new custom made because its a first of a kind. The Chineese were able to offer a cheap $3 Billion price tag but anywhere else capable of producing his equipment it would be WAY more

Edit: For Clarification, TerraPower is actually a US based startup but i believe it has a building or branch in China if im not mistaken to be in close proximity to where a lot of the action was supposed to be

Edited by Economy
  • Like 1