đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kacey Musgraves accused of cultural appropriating

Luna Lovegood

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

And yet again the topic changed to whites, instead of the Vietnamese people who are of concern in this thread. Always the same thing. Give it up. 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

And yet again the topic changed to whites, instead of the Vietnamese people who are of concern in this thread. Always the same thing. Give it up. 

Was about to comment the same.

I dont think the dress situation was that bad tbh since the dress doesnt have a sacred or religious meaning altough I can see were  both sides are coming from. but how on earth has this turned into whites being the victim :deadbanana:

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

ANTI WP
11 minutes ago, Varys said:

I dont think the dress situation was that bad tbh since the dress doesnt have a sacred or religious meaning altough I can see were  both sides are coming from. but how on earth has this turned into whites being the victim :deadbanana:

she is very good at turning everything to that particular discussion :smh:

this thread is needs to be closed before:rip:

Uniquecorn
On 10/13/2019 at 9:04 PM, RenegAde2888 said:

How is it appropriation tho? Merely  Putting on clothes  isnt appropriation baby girl,The stupidity that the internet endorses is just beyond me .:madge:

"Just because it doesn't offend you doesn't automatically make it NOT Cultural Appropriation. The DOUBLE STANDARDS...."

But seriously speaking, let's stop the "holier than thou/ Stone that person cuz Im offended" culture already please... It IS an EPIDEMIC! An attack on free expression and free speech. 

Venusoflove
37 minutes ago, Uniquecorn said:

"Just because it doesn't offend you doesn't automatically make it NOT Cultural Appropriation. The DOUBLE STANDARDS...."

But seriously speaking, let's stop the "holier than thou/ Stone that person cuz Im offended" culture already please... It IS an EPIDEMIC! An attack on free expression and free speech. 

This is so dumb, you are nobody to say who can be offended by this especially when people who are actually of that culture say its a problem. Kacey has free speech, whos stopping her from posting her tacky pics online? Nobody. But people also have the right to criticize her which like you say, is free speech 

On 10/13/2019 at 11:07 PM, MJHolland said:
4 hours ago, Venusoflove said:

This is so dumb, you are nobody to say who can be offended by this especially when people who are actually of that culture say its a problem. Kacey has free speech, whos stopping her from posting her tacky pics online? Nobody. But people also have the right to criticize her which like you say, is free speech 

The problem with this issue is that it’s not offensive.  The term cultural appropriation is thrown around way too loosely which is why a lot of people are telling you this is dumb. If you go back to the original poster on Twitter you will see comments from lots of People of the same culture saying it is not offensive for someone of a different culture to wear this dress. Kacey was using it is fashion, not mocking or joking about it. Even the original poster posted lots of images of other celebrities of different races wearing the type of dress, but only had an issue with Kacey- this is hypocritical. This person was being over sensitive. Just because someone gets HYPER offended, doesn’t mean that they are 100 percent right and everyone else’s opinion is 100 percent wrong. 

Sugar Baby

SO Stupid Im Mexican and I've seen foreigners wearing Mariachi costumes both men and women and doing it in a wrong way and I could give 2 shits 

Cry me a river

plus notice how it’s a man complaining and not women about other women modesty 

StrawberryBlond
On 10/16/2019 at 5:14 PM, Morphine Prince said:

straight cis white man is not an insult :rip:

If you think that's bad, you should see what non-white minorities are called and go through in various countries. They'd wish they were only getting called names. 

And by the way, this is mostly on the Internet, it's easily ignored. 

Try having an entire system designed to work against you and marginalize you in every segment of society.

It is when you say it in a certain way and context. No one's race should be said in the form of an insult. Granted, whites were lucky to not have to endure this for decades and we've now got a taste of what it's like but that doesn't mean it's right or that we didn't empathise with minorities when it happened to them.

I never said they don't have it bad in various countries. But some countries don't even treat their own races that well. Just look at how Japan treats its citizens of Korean origin. Look at how travellers (some people find the term "gypsies" offensive so I won't say it) are treated in Eastern Europe. Blacks are still being enslaved by other blacks in some parts of Africa. And look at how working class white communities are being treated in South Africa and Zimbabwe. People are being treated badly for their races all over the world, whites included. It's on-going suffering everywhere.

What do you mean it's all mostly on the internet? What specifically are you referring to?

I'm a woman. I know what it's like to feel like you're fighting against a system that makes you feel small and made to feel like your opinion and experiences don't matter. I just said in another thread that I'm almost 30 and have still never been employed, for crying out loud. I've never even had a relationship. I basically have no money of my own. I may live comfortably through the kindness of my parent's hearts but I'm screwed when they're gone if things don't start improving for me soon.

On 10/16/2019 at 5:16 PM, Morphine Prince said:

Only because it came around to that. If you looked at the very first post I made on this thread, I kept things extremely diplomatic.

On 10/16/2019 at 5:27 PM, Varys said:

No one said whites were the victim. It was just assumed that that was the reasoning. In actuality, whites are just frustrated at being made to feel bad right now when they're perfectly innocent and mean no ill will to anyone.

On 10/16/2019 at 5:45 PM, ANTI WP said:

she is very good at turning everything to that particular discussion :smh:

this thread is needs to be closed before:rip:

I don't turn things around, I say it how it is and how the conversation flows. I don't manipulate situations just so I can be in the right. People can disagree with me all they want, I'm not trying to stop them.

Archived