💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor Swift Will “Do Everything I Can” to End Donald Trump’s Autocracy

MessyTop

Featured Posts

MessyTop

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2019/08/taylor-swift-donald-trump-autocracy-gaslighting

Taylor Swift Will “Do Everything I Can” to End Donald Trump’s Autocracy

The “Lover” songwriter regrets sitting out the 2016 election, and is tired of Donald Trump “gaslighting the American public.”

By 

Kevin Fitzpatrick

August 24, 2019

No longer content with being excluded from the narrative, Taylor Swift is taking on Washington—or, at least the autocratic leader blithely scream-tweeting commands from its most famous house. “We’re a democracy – at least, we’re supposed to be – where you’re allowed to disagree, dissent, debate,” Swift told The Guardian of Donald Trump, and her intent to get more political in 2020. “I really think that he thinks this is an autocracy.”

Of course, Swift’s opposition to the Trump White House is no secret—she’s spoken out on a range of LGBTQ+ issues over the last few years, and openly admitted some regret with not publicly endorsing a candidate in 2016—Hillary Clinton, she confirms. “I was just trying to protect my mental health – not read the news very much, go cast my vote, tell people to vote,” she acknowledged. A cancer relapse for her mother, Andrea Swift, was reportedly weighing on her, among a range of other issues. “I just knew what I could handle and I knew what I couldn’t. I was literally about to break.”

Swift believed her public image would have made her something of “a hindrance,” but she’s gotten past that. In the interview she draws particular attention to a Republican-led effort to ban abortion in Tennessee by way of a bill that redefines fetal viability, which Swift vowed to fight. “Obviously, I’m pro-choice,” she said. She claimed her intent to “do everything I can for 2020,” adding “I just can’t believe this is happening.”

Back in June, Swift also published an open Instagram letter to Tennessee senator Lamar Alexander calling for U.S. Senate passage of the Equality Act, which would “protect LGBTQ people from discrimination in their places of work, homes, schools, and other public accommodations.” The letter also contained her first major rebuke of Donald Trump, adding “I personally reject the President’s stance that his administration ‘supports equal treatment of all.’”

This time around, Swift seems more open to calling out the administration and its leader. She accused Trump of “gaslighting the American public into being like, ‘If you hate the president, you hate America.’”

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy

While she may be overestimating her power, i agree with most of what she said

guy thinks hes a friggen dictator :saladga:

FlopSlurper

Miss Americana said I can make the bad guys impeached for a weekend and we have no choice but to stan 

Sassy McSass

Thanks for sharing, but that’s not recent news, so I hope your intention wasn’t only to bash her. Some people are so desperate to mock Taylor Swift. I wonder how the conversation would go if Gaga had said that. Be kind, uh?

I’ll keep looking for Wonderland

FlopSlurper
1 minute ago, Sassy McSass said:

Thanks for sharing, but that’s not recent news, so I hope your intention wasn’t only to bash her. Some people are so desperate to mock Taylor Swift. I wonder how the conversation would go if Gaga had said that. Be kind, uh?

Taylor says nothing: gets bashed

Taylor speaks up: gets bashed

🤦‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Runway said:

But she couldnt use her power in 2016 :rip: 

Wasn't that when the whole sh*t went down and her life went downhill with the media? Suddenly coming back into the public to talk about an orange would of be weird

lastfm - https://tinyurl.com/4x28kakr⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀steam - https://tinyurl.com/mbyp5as5

Ryusei
5 minutes ago, Runway said:

But she couldnt use her power in 2016 :rip: 

girl " and openly admitted some regret with not publicly endorsing a candidate in 2016" 

Musery

Sour Jube

Good! Everyone should use their voices to stop the sickness that has overtaken America. Everyday watching American news... it is hard to believe it is real life.

Gracious Gaga

Okay Taylor, assassinate him 

Spoiler

I know this is a rather tasteless joke but please don’t report me :wub:

♥ Kindness Police.

I thought she said she was quiet because she thought her reputation would harm Hillary Clinton or some bullshit like that. Now she's blaming it on her mother's cancer?  :oprah:

MessyTop
17 minutes ago, Sassy McSass said:

I’m sharing cause I love her!!!! She’s an LGBTQ supporter. I know people here dislike her, but regardless if you like her music or not she’s trying to make a difference. 

Archived