đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Unpopular Opinion: Gaga Does Not Have A Very Distinctive Voice

Economy

Featured Posts

DonatellaPop

She's just too versatile to have a voice that recognisable, and we love that :flutter:

https://blacklivesmatter.com/

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy
2 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

People can't recognize it because she's a shapeshifter, she's skilled like that. 

Also, sorry, I can never tell Adele from other soul/blues singers with low voices. :toofunny:

Gaga does have a very particular voice imo, but one she can do a lot of things with. When she does her signature heavy belts and low notes, you can instantly tell it's her. She sounds different from most female pop singers but she also sounds different across her own songs. 

Honestly tho fans seem to be the only ppl who think that tho. Could that not be simply because were more familiar with it?

Economy
2 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

I agree (except when she growls) but my mom can't stop saying that her voice is very distinctive… So what's the truth? :oprah:

She said that? Ive never heard a non fan say that tbh

a lot of people think its a GREAT voice but they never seem to recognize it off the bat

Glamourpuss

I know what you mean because Amy Winehouse and Cher have very unique and unmistakable voices. But like others have said, Gaga changes her voice all the time that she doesn't give anybody a chance to lock on to a certain style. 

I sometimes think Diggin' My Grave is the best song that shows how special her voice is because that's the one I think everybody would instantly know is Gaga's voice.   

The Z
5 minutes ago, Economy said:

She said that? Ive never heard a non fan say that tbh

a lot of people think its a GREAT voice but they never seem to recognize it off the bat

Every single time she sees Gaga on TV or something she tells me that out of 1000 voices she could easily recognize Gaga's one

edit: I just noticed the "100 people in a room" vibe of my comment :ally:

SeasonOfTheWitch

I agree. After hearing DWUW ft. Cristina, Gaga’s pop voice just sounds... normal? Not that she isn’t a great vocalist, but there’s nothing that screams individual about it. It just sounds like a good voice. It also doesn’t help that her voice changes in every album post BTW. 

6 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

I know what you mean because Amy Winehouse and Cher have very unique and unmistakable voices. But like others have said, Gaga changes her voice all the time that she doesn't give anybody a chance to lock on to a certain style. 

I sometimes think Diggin' My Grave is the best song that shows how special her voice is because that's the one I think everybody would instantly know is Gaga's voice.   

I agree. There’s no other pop star that can growl like her, actually I wished she would keep with that style of voice for more than an album- imagine it

Economy
Just now, KEVIN STEVE said:

Every single time she sees Gaga on TV or something she tells me that out of 1000 voices she could easily recognize Gaga's one

That doesnt seem to be most peoples reaction but glad someone finds it that unique!

My parents for example love her voice and say how her and Adele are the only amazing new female vocalists these days (my dad loves Katy Perrs voice too but thats cuz hes yet to hear her live :deadbanana:)

But for as much as they love her voice, they never ever recognize its her everytime she has a new song out

but if its Katy Perry or Adele or Britney Spears they can tell

The Z
4 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS

The Z
Just now, Economy said:

my dad loves Katy Perrs voice too but thats cuz hes yet to hear her live :deadbanana:)

ouch :laughga:

Franch Toast

I think it depends on the song.....in some of her early songs, such as "The Fame" and "Summerboy," she sounds like Gwen Stefani, but I think her voice is more distinctive in her later songs. For example, my mother is by no means an LG fan, and yet she can recognize her voice right away, especially if it's a track from Joanne or ASIB. 

She/Her/Hers

The Z

A bit off topic but JB and Ed almost have the same voice. Like, when you listen to I Don't Care (well you don't listen to it but you know what I mean :laughga:), you don't know who's singing

Economy
Just now, KEVIN STEVE said:

ouch :laughga:

Even my mom likes her voice (but my dad even more)

i already told them, i gotta load a video of her live vocals and that youll change ur mind after hearing her live vocals lmao

i never got around to doing that tho

one voice my dad hates Is Rihannas. I dunno why. Rihanna isnt a great singer but theres worse out there tbh

Economy
2 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

I think it depends on the song.....in some of her early songs, such as "The Fame" and "Summerboy," she sounds like Gwen Stefani, but I think her voice is more distinctive in her later songs. For example, my mother is by no means an LG fan, and yet she can recognize her voice right away, especially if it's a track from Joanne or ASIB. 

Omg yes I remember thinking she sounded like Gwen on Summer Boy!!!!! I hadn’t thought about that in years

Economy
3 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

A bit off topic but JB and Ed almost have the same voice. Like, when you listen to I Don't Care (well you don't listen to it but you know what I mean :laughga:), you don't know who's singing

Now that u mention it yeah they do sound alike. I can still tell them apart in the song tho

2 artists i struggle with tbh is Rihanna vs Beyonce... Beyonce sings better overall but i find the sound simmilar.

If its not a song i know, i often cant tell right away if its Rihanna or Beyonce. Usually if its Beyonce after a while i can tell cuz Rihanna cant sing that well :laughga:

The Z
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

Even my mom likes her voice (but my dad even more)

i already told them, i gotta load a video of her live vocals and that youll change ur mind after hearing her live vocals lmao

i never got around to doing that tho

one voice my dad hates Is Rihannas. I dunno why. Rihanna isnt a great singer but theres worse out there tbh

Well Rihanna & Katy aren't bad (Rihanna is pretty good actually). They often lack control of her voice, but sometimes (fortunately lmaooooo) they kill it

Archived