Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

AHS: 1984 Episode 3 (Slashdance) continues its streak of acclaim

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

RT score: 100% based on 10 reviews

AHS-1984-3-2.jpg

Bloody Disgusting (4/5): To be fair, this is easily the best episode of American Horror Story: 1984 in what’s already been a cautiously optimistic season. John Carroll Lynch (Mr. Jingles/Benjamin Richter) does some of his strongest work from the season here. “Slashdance” is a success and it works better in the season’s favor that these Rita/Donna and Montana reveals happen earlier in the season instead of holding them off for a few more episodes.

Den of Geek (4/5): Mary Wigmore (the director of E03) tends to play up the comedy in the episode, with a lot of the one-liners and asides given extra weight thanks to the actors' delivery and the way the scenes are set up, but she also displays some adept timing in the more horrifying moments." He concluded by commenting, "The redshirts die swiftly. The betrayals are brutal. 1984 plays with the tropes and traditions of slasher movies and doesn't skimp on the staples of the genre, like flying decapitated heads and people being impaled on things. With the nimbleness of a dancer, American Horror Story is able to both satisfy the tropes and play with the tropes simultaneously. Slasher movies, for the right audience, are a lot of fun, and American Horror Story: 1984 is not short on the depraved sense of humor necessary to make a dumb 80's pastiche work. Watching fictional characters die is rarely so much fun."

It's a solidly acted sequence from Ross (Rita/Donna Chambers) and John Carroll Lynch (the show's MVP), as the two bond and Ross reveals her plan.

Vanity Fair: The “trust no one” rule is always a biggie in the American Horror Story universe, but even for Ryan Murphy, Wednesday’s episode, “Slashdance” was extreme... Is it insane? Yes. Is it also a perfectly wacky premise for an AHS season? Absolutely.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/american_horror_story/s09/e03

Bradley

Most of the critics appreciated the multiple twists and the cliffhanger and the unanswered questions.

I particularly loved the gore of the episode.

Woohoo

chef bertie's influence 😍😭😭💕

"I heard if you record Gaga snoring and play it backward it sounds like an act. 2 unreleased."

SKANK
58 minutes ago, Jed said:

Any nudity tonight?

Of course not. Seeing a man's penis, unlike seeing the ears of a dozen teenagers sliced off their warm corpses, is truly disturbing and may corrupt innocent minds. 

America: we cut yo' dicks up at birth, and hide them from public. Cut, that's a wrap.

Chromaticunt

Haven't watched it yet but I felt the first two episodes were a bit... blah? I get that it's a pastiche and using all the horror tropes but it doesn't feel like it's doing or saying anything remotely new. I felt the same about the Lion King remake. Like, it was fine but why does it exist? I'm hoping Ryan Murphy pulls something interesting out of the bag soon.

Bradley
2 hours ago, Jed said:

Any nudity tonight?

Briefly yeah, there were several guys getting hazed by a fraternity.

Bradley
1 hour ago, monketsharona said:

That season is sooooo good so far :firega:

I wish it was longer though. 39 minutes is a bit short. I wish it was at least 45 minutes.

monketsharona
1 minute ago, Bradley said:

I wish it was longer though. 39 minutes is a bit short. I wish it was at least 45 minutes.

Tbh I actually like the fact episodes are 40 minutes. It's going straight to the important things without having useless scenes

Ladey Gaygay

I wish that Brooke got more screen time but really good epidose 

STREAM JUICE BY LIZZO

crisTEAne
2 hours ago, ThatBinch said:

I'm hoping Ryan Murphy pulls something interesting out of the bag soon.

the_politician.png

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Chromaticunt
3 minutes ago, t e a said:

the_politician.png

I'm so excited for that. But I meant in AHS 1984. I'm sure there's a twist coming. Maybe there already is one in ep3, I don't know.

Archived