Jump to content
Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
politics

4th Democratic debate lineup announced

Featured Posts

Faysalaaa
26 minutes ago, HorusRa2 said:

I appreciate your effort but far too many people on here take CNN & MSNBC talking points as facts. The smears against Tulsi for being a diplomat in the era of US Imperialism is just too much for them. They don’t see anything wrong with our country toppling governments of other countries, launching economic warfare in the form of sanctions and putting in people of power of our choice causing chaos and war as a bad thing. && they certainly don’t care about the weapons we provide to terrorist groups so we can make money from our war machine. They think it’s perfectly okay to be part of the neoliberal and neocon framework that dominates both parties. It’s disgusting & makes me increasingly more angry every time I see it. 

Yeah that is true, but we live in a time where there is no excuses to be ignorant about this. We live in the age of information where its openly talked about but people want to be willfully ignorant for many different reasons. Most people dont care about facts, they care about defending the group they belong to.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Whispering
4 hours ago, HorusRa2 said:

I appreciate your effort but far too many people on here take CNN & MSNBC talking points as facts. The smears against Tulsi for being a diplomat in the era of US Imperialism is just too much for them. They don’t see anything wrong with our country toppling governments of other countries, launching economic warfare in the form of sanctions and putting in people of power of our choice causing chaos and war as a bad thing. && they certainly don’t care about the weapons we provide to terrorist groups so we can make money from our war machine. They think it’s perfectly okay to be part of the neoliberal and neocon framework that dominates both parties. It’s disgusting & makes me increasingly more angry every time I see it. 

Tulsi volunteered for the armed services, she wasn’t drafted. 

Bernie has voted for the Military Spending Bill and courts military manufacturing of war machines in his state.

Both of your choices have added to US Imperialism. 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
MJHolland
6 hours ago, Faysalaaa said:

Yeah I remember, so? She obviously did not go to drink tea with him, she went to talk to him during her big visit to Syria and called him a horrible dictator after the meeting. If you see something wrong with that, you dont know anything about politics.

It is a politicians job to meet with enemies and dictators just like how literally all presidents do. America openly funds, negotiates, make deals, and are allies with Saudi, Iran, Israel, and terrorists like Taliban. Yet Tulsi is attacked for talking with someone?

 

4 hours ago, HorusRa2 said:

I appreciate your effort but far too many people on here take CNN & MSNBC talking points as facts. The smears against Tulsi for being a diplomat in the era of US Imperialism is just too much for them. They don’t see anything wrong with our country toppling governments of other countries, launching economic warfare in the form of sanctions and putting in people of power of our choice causing chaos and war as a bad thing. && they certainly don’t care about the weapons we provide to terrorist groups so we can make money from our war machine. They think it’s perfectly okay to be part of the neoliberal and neocon framework that dominates both parties. It’s disgusting & makes me increasingly more angry every time I see it. 

Show me where in the Constitution it says that US House Reps are allowed to be diplomats? 

A US House Rep is like the lowest level of elected national politicians.

Precedent and laws state that only the president should be the one to engage in diplomacy with a foreign leader, especially when the situation is dire. 

Tulsi has probably the worst judgement skills of anyone running for president just because of that little stunt she pulled. 

  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
HorusRa2
16 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Tulsi volunteered for the armed services, she wasn’t drafted. 

Bernie has voted for the Military Spending Bill and courts military manufacturing of war machines in his state.

Both of your choices have added to US Imperialism. 

Every candidate in the race has in some form or another participated in US Imperialism so I don't know why you're quoting me. Every candidate other than Bernie & Tulsi are leagues below them in terms of foreign policy and Bernie quite a bit away from Tulsi. You know how I feel about your candidate and I know how you feel about mine*. Mine is definitively better on this issue. Just because I support them does not mean I can't speak out on US Imperialism. I choose to support the candidate that most closely aligns with my beliefs and values. Bernie & Tulsi are the closest in the field to those beliefs and values. 

 

 

Edited by HorusRa2
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
HorusRa2
12 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

 

Show me where in the Constitution it says that US House Reps are allowed to be diplomats? 

A US House Rep is like the lowest level of elected national politicians.

Precedent and laws state that only the president should be the one to engage in diplomacy with a foreign leader, especially when the situation is dire. 

Tulsi has probably the worst judgement skills of anyone running for president just because of that little stunt she pulled. 

A perfect example of elitism. Your comments are disgusting and downright condescending. Many, many people in positions in government interact with foreign officials and leaders.

People from both chambers of Congress are allowed to go to other places (remember when Israel was banning Ilhan and Rashida Tlaib from their country? They have a right to go there considering the fact they participate in the voting of funding the aid to Israel). Nancy Pelosi and other officials do the same (going to military bases, etc). 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Whispering
2 minutes ago, HorusRa2 said:

Every candidate in the race has in some form or another participated in US Imperialism so I don't know why you're quoting me. Every candidate other than Bernie & Tulsi are leagues below them in terms of foreign policy and Bernie quite a bit away from Tulsi. You know how I feel about your candidate and I know you know how I feel about yours. Mine is definitively better on this issue. Just because I support them does not mean I can't speak out on US Imperialism. I choose to support the candidate that most closely aligns with my beliefs and values. Bernie & Tulsi are the closest in the field to those beliefs and values. 

 

 

Maybe one of them...but he is still down in the muck with the rest of them. She volunteered to stir up the mess.

BTW, I really don’t have a candidate, just someone I am looking at seriously voting for in the primary. Blue is my candidate in the general. 

  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
GypsyVida
22 hours ago, Faysalaaa said:

at the age of 60

Kamala is 54.....

Be My Baby background vocals from 2:54-3:00

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
RAMROD
22 hours ago, Curunir said:

Should I like Kamala? She seems ok :laughga:

Only if she was starred by Maya Rudolph.

 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ The ♥ Very ♥ Fine ♥ Versatile ♥ Adaptive ♥ And ♥ Most ♥ Revered ♥ Tech ♥ Dandy ♥
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faysalaaa
2 hours ago, MJHolland said:

Show me where in the Constitution it says that US House Reps are allowed to be diplomats? 

A US House Rep is like the lowest level of elected national politicians.

Precedent and laws state that only the president should be the one to engage in diplomacy with a foreign leader, especially when the situation is dire. 

Tulsi has probably the worst judgement skills of anyone running for president just because of that little stunt she pulled. 

She did not go as a diplomat who wants to make peace between two countries, she went for a trip to Syria and during her visit, she talked with the president of Syria. This is a normal thing to do there is no problem, you only want to create a problem in your head.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
MJHolland
8 hours ago, Faysalaaa said:

She did not go as a diplomat who wants to make peace between two countries, she went for a trip to Syria and during her visit, she talked with the president of Syria. This is a normal thing to do there is no problem, you only want to create a problem in your head.

In what way is it normal to have a sitting US congress woman fly across the world to a war-torn country to have tea with a war criminal who used chemical weapon to kill his own people during a civil war? Not to mention that the White House was actively weighing whether to go to war on not with Syria and needed every diplomatic channel to run as smoothly as possible to avoid full-blow war...

If you don't understand how poorly that speaks to Tulsi's judgement skills, then I don't have anything to say to you. 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
MJHolland
12 hours ago, HorusRa2 said:

A perfect example of elitism. Your comments are disgusting and downright condescending. Many, many people in positions in government interact with foreign officials and leaders.

People from both chambers of Congress are allowed to go to other places (remember when Israel was banning Ilhan and Rashida Tlaib from their country? They have a right to go there considering the fact they participate in the voting of funding the aid to Israel). Nancy Pelosi and other officials do the same (going to military bases, etc). 

 

 

 

They go on congressionally-sanctioned CODELS — but under no circumstances are they allowed to go have diplomatic relations in their personal time with a murderous dictator actively pursuing genocide. Especially while the White House was actively looking into whether or not to invade Syria or to bomb it into last century.

Again, I cannot teach you the skill of how to spot good judgement, nor how to have good judgement yourself. 

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faysalaaa
3 hours ago, MJHolland said:

In what way is it normal to have a sitting US congress woman fly across the world to a war-torn country to have tea with a war criminal who used chemical weapon to kill his own people during a civil war? Not to mention that the White House was actively weighing whether to go to war on not with Syria and needed every diplomatic channel to run as smoothly as possible to avoid full-blow war...

If you don't understand how poorly that speaks to Tulsi's judgement skills, then I don't have anything to say to you. 

Yeah it is completely normal..

And dont talk about genocide and chemical weapons, that is what America does. That is also what ISIS does who are openly funded by America. This is literally like Alqaeda saying we dont want to talk to ISIS because they are dictators and violent lol

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eighteen

i've been elizabeth warren for quite a while now. i'll probably watch bits and pieces but my mind is made up at this point. 

  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...