Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Sweden in debate about male circumcision ban

Featured Posts

Bellatrix

Over the past few days Sweden has been in a hot debate about whether male circumcision for non-medical purposes should be banned or not. This is after the liberal Centre Party voted to be in favour of a ban at their conference a few days ago. A suggestion that also was made by the far-right party Sweden Democrats last year.

The suggestion is controversial and has as expected received big criticism from the Jewish community. 

Edited by Bellatrix
  • YAAAS 1

Autumn

Good :trollga:

In what world is it okay to mutilate a young child's body without their permission? If a child wants to be circumcised for religious reasons... they can do so themselves when they're old enough to actually work out their beliefs and what their religion means.

And since this is gonna undoubtedly draw some comparison to FGM, I also think FGM is WRONG

• formerly ARealWildMan, WarriorPhoenix •
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 4

Bellatrix

I agree with the suggestion.

It is of course important that we respect the freedom of religion, everyone is entitled to believe in and practice it. However, only as long it doesn't affect and harm other human beings.
Performing a permanent procedure on a baby who you don't know what he's going to want is therefore wrong. Everyone is entitled to decide over their own body and no religion stands above that.

Edited by Bellatrix
  • Like 11

Faysalaaa

Let the child consent to it when they are older, I dont understand what the big deal is. Studies show that it can mentally effect children. Yet I only like circumcised penis lol

• Like 1

Faysalaaa
5 minutes ago, Bellatrix said:

I agree with the suggestion.

It is of course important that we respect the freedom of religion, everyone is entitled to believe in and practice it. However, only as long it doesn't affect and harm other human beings.
Performing a permanent procedure on a baby who you don't know what he's going to want is therefore wrong. Everyone is entitled to decide over their own body and no religion stands above that.

Finally someone who actually understands what freedom of religion is, and I am very religious person.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ikvs

It should be banned EVERYWHERE by now. It's barbaric that kids are getting mutilated because parents are concerned about how their **** looks (???) or some book told them to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

homomo

I agree that no one should have it done to them when they are an enfant. 

As the others stated, it should be a decision they can make later in life.

• Like 1

River

"let me be free to harm my child and cut a piece of he's penis when he's 8 days old, let an old man suck the blood out of his penis and give him wine until he's too drunk to even feel the pain"

Ban it already.

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)
  • Like 3

Nightwing

Yeah, it should totally be banned. That's totally a decision that someone should be able to make for themselves. :saladga:

dynamite

Anyone who supports circumcising anyone who can't consent to it is an IDIOT and I'm not sorry about it :neyde:

Luv it when u call me bendy in the morning buy me Wendy's
  • Thanks 2

Andreu

Surprised with the outcome this thread but definitely not disappointed

soundcloud.com/andreusongs
  • Like 1

Economy

I agree with the ban tbh

if theres no medical condition to justify it, i dont think its up yo the parents to take away a body part just because its a custom to do so.

if someone wants to do it later in life they can but when they are a baby it makes no sense

its like the Japanese taking out appendixes at birth without a babies permission. They cannot get that organ back

• Like 1