Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Kim Petras - Turn Off The Light, Vol. 2

blackstar

Featured Posts

UnnamedArtist

"TWBB" and "Everybody Dies" are the only songs that really snatched. "Massacre" is not bad, but not a masterpiece. The rest of the songs are terrible, especially "Death By Sex". Interludes :interestinga:. The first volume is much better.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this... is the best thing i've heard all year... 

i'm not even through it all :air:

lastfm - https://tinyurl.com/4x28kakr⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀steam - https://tinyurl.com/mbyp5as5

beaublue
14 hours ago, Bloody Grammys said:

the available songs were lowkey amazing :reductive: I think she should do more of those darker vibes

Technically this is her doing more songs with darker vibes since the available songs were released on volume 1 a year ago...

i loved the demons interlude and "it's gon be a mexican" but honestly everything else sounds like a prologue to vol. 1

and everybody dies ruined the perfect ending of "boo! bitch!"

ice heard one side from above

Gracious Gaga

Aw:/ vol 2 was good, I like that it was a continuous mix and everything flowed into each other really well.  The transition into there will be blood was great.  There will be blood sounded like a reworked out take from vol 1.  Weak lyrics in the chorus.  Was bop material though.

the other songs were okay.  I liked death by sex, however it sounded out of place on the Halloween ep, as it did not have dark spooky vibes. Sounded more like clarity. 

the instrumentals were great but I would prefer real songs w vocals. Given how weak the lyrics were on both EPs they could’ve easily slapped something together.  

overall volume one had more bops and stand out tracks.  

♥ Kindness Police.

I personally think instrumental songs do everything on the album. There wouldn't be the same atmosphere without them, and it was so obvious there would be an alternation of "1 song, 1 instrumental, 1 song, 1 instrumental" and I'm glad she did it.
TURN OFF THE LIGHTS is now a really solid body of work and I'm so proud of Kim Petras for doing it.

The standout tracks in this second opus: There Will Be Blood, Bloody Valentine, Wrong Turn, Massacre and Knives. But overal all tracks are great.
Nothing could dethrone Close Your Eyes though.
Shouthout to productions and transitions between songs. It was clean.

DelusionalGaga

I'm not really a fan of Massacre and Everybody Dies. The latter doesn't sound like it belongs on the album at all. Standouts for me are There Will Be Blood and Wrong Turn. The instrumentals are a nice addition too. 

GunninMan

Kimberly is THE artist of 2019 for me. Completely obsessed with the projects she has released in the last year.  I really hope she gains the traction she deserves in her career. Would like to see her reach a wider audience.

robbiemalik

She snapped on vol 2, I love Purgatory and Massacre :giveup: Death By Sex is that girl:lolly:  Queen of Halloween 

imitalian

She is really giving us gays everything we wanted from a pop star. A full Halloween concept album? I mean.. Come on!

Archived