đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

celeb

Latin Regueton Artists boycotting the Grammys

Boris2

Featured Posts

tomsches

I mean, just give one of them a grammy. Since literally every reggeaton song sounds the same it would be like all of them had one. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PartySick
19 minutes ago, kyanewest said:

Exactly this.

If you want a Grammy then create something that takes you more than 10 min to make :ladyhaha:

You leave Just Dance, Poker Face, and Born This Way out of this :madge:

Just nominate this and give it a Grammy :huntyga:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Bizcochito

LA ROSALÍA and Aitana ending these tragic boring fugly male reaguettoneros. :applause: The Grammys can choke for paying Paloma Mami dust tho 

50 minutes ago, scarlxrd said:

The question now is, will ROSALÍA boycott the show in support of the genre that she’s getting even more famous for throughout Latin America and the US?

HELL NO! lmaoo she better not. Especially since she's one of the frontrunners to win AOTY, the first female since Shakira.

Mister G
1 hour ago, Guillermo Tello said:

Ok, lemme give the point of view of someone who lives constantly hearing their music: it was time for the grammys to look up for true artists, or at least not mediocre ones. They (especially Anuel, ew) definitely DON'T DESERVE nominations 'cause their music is trash. They literally re-do the same beats/melodies all the time and that's not grammy-worthy, they lack quality and that 'latino game' or gang or whatever the **** they call it is all about "knowing the formula of what people like to listen/dance to". That whole machine of latin fast music has to stop. Innovation and originality but most importantly composition deserved better. Music is not an easy-mode game.

As someone who saw this genre blowup during my teenage years and still enjoy it, I agree. It’s recycled beats and formulas 90% of the time and most of the artists sing about the same thing over and over and over. I might sound crude, but it’s not a genre that really scream grammy worthy.

whocares
4 minutes ago, MrG1087 said:

As someone who saw this genre blowup during my teenage years and still enjoy it, I agree. It’s recycled beats and formulas 90% of the time and most of the artists sing about the same thing over and over and over. I might sound crude, but it’s not a genre that really scream grammy worthy.

Which is fine. But why is ROSALÍA nominated for urban with Con Altura? Why doesn’t the same thing apply to her? I see people here praising her but Con Altura sounds like any other regueton song.

1 minute ago, scarlxrd said:

Which is fine. But why is ROSALÍA nominated for urban with Con Altura? Why doesn’t the same thing apply to her?

The lyrics alone make a difference compared to those artists. 

Honestly all I care about is El Mal Querer. 

The night sky tells all

I’m sorry but... Regueton is mostly trash. Anuel especially is ultimate garbage. I wouldn’t even call these guys artists. Terrible auto tuned voices with atrocious melodies and lyrics that are the same in every song and just make you wanna kill yourself.  
Daddy Yankee is one of the few decent ones tho. 

Ariana Grindr
1 hour ago, Bloody Grammys said:

Why isn't there a best Reggaeton Song? I don't understand why Awards can't keep up with modern times honestly :awkney:

:tony:

whocares
8 minutes ago, SimonSays said:

The lyrics alone make a difference compared to those artists. 

Honestly all I care about is El Mal Querer. 

I’m specifically talking about Con Altura. There’s nothing special about its lyrics. I’m not surprised but I find it funny how people here are praising her and love Con Altura, when it sounds just like any other regueton song. While at the same time, shitting on other reguetoneros. And yes, I do enjoy her solo project. El Mar Querer is a great album.

Archived