Stefani Tee
society

Large Oil Company Spends $1.4 Billion On Emissions Reductions

Featured Posts

Economy

https://business.financialpost.com/commodities/energy/canadas-suncor-to-install-cogeneration-units-at-oil-sands-plant-for-c1-4-bln-2

Canadas largest Energy Company “Suncor Energy” valued at nearly $66 Billion is investing $1.4 Billion in brand new technology to lower its emissions by 25%

these investments could have been encouraged by the Carbon Tax which encourages companies to find ways to emit less CO2 so they pay less of that tax

The emissions Cap of 100 Million Tones for the oil industry as a whole that prevents approval of new projects once that limit is reached also favours companies with less emissions by making them more likely to have their projects approved than companies that pollute more per barrel

Edited by Economy
  • Like 4
  • YAAAS 4
  • Love 5

Kimmo

Halliburton needs to take notes... I still feel like a hypocrite since my husband works for them ... :selena:

Tragic!

Economy
22 minutes ago, FABian said:

Foreshadowing of 4 more years with Liberals

What? What does this have to do with Liberals? :selena:

Marilyn MonHoe
58 minutes ago, Economy said:

What? What does this have to do with Liberals? :selena:

Don’t worry about that user. He is a right wing lunatic and liar. During our last conversation he talked about how we should be more “unpartisaned” in how we view politics but couldn’t stop railing against Antifa and saying how good the left was at manipulation :ladyhaha:

I wouldn’t expect any kind of honest or thoughtful political commentary from them if I were you.

Economy
2 minutes ago, Marilyn MonHoe said:

Don’t worry about that user. He is a right wing lunatic and liar. During our last conversation he talked about how we should be more “unpartisaned” in how we view politics but couldn’t stop railing against Antifa and saying how good the left was at manipulation :ladyhaha:

I wouldn’t expect any kind of honest or thoughtful political commentary from them if I were you.

The thing is I literally didnt get what he was trying to imply

i dont get if he was talking good about the liberals or bad

either way if this was a result of the Carbon tax or the emissions Cap both were from the Provincial Government of Alberta. Nothing to do with Federal Government so good or bad, they arent relevant

Marilyn MonHoe
1 minute ago, Economy said:

The thing is I literally didnt get what he was trying to imply

i dont get if he was talking good about the liberals or bad

either way if this was a result of the Carbon tax or the emissions Cap both were from the Provincial Government of Alberta. Nothing to do with Federal Government so good or bad, they arent relevant

He’s implying that this is a waste of money and that Liberals will waste billions of dollars trying to combat climate change. 

He thinks that climate change is a hoax :ladyhaha:

I know what you’re saying but you can’t apply logic and reason to people like him.

• Shook 2
  • Thanks 1

Economy
1 minute ago, Marilyn MonHoe said:

He’s implying that this is a waste of money and that Liberals will waste billions of dollars trying to combat climate change. 

He thinks that climate change is a hoax :ladyhaha:

I know what you’re saying but you can’t apply logic and reason to people like him.

Oh ok thanks for clarifying 

on a somewhat related note tho i do think the Liberals waste a fair bit of money tho 

maybe not on climate change cuz thats so important

but they are too loose with money in my opinion. They brought a nearly balanced budget to $20 Billion deficit on lots of little programs, most of which in my opinion shouldnt have been priority

they are always announcing $200M funding for this or $300M for that and it adds up :shrug:

ill still take Trudeau over Singh and the NDP tho. I think their taxes and regulations would drive away too much investment 

as for the conservatives i dont like stuff like sports credits for example. Yeah its nice but its just a goodie offer for voters. Theres more important stuff to spend money on

Sour Jube

They are still causing irreparable, permanent harm to the environment. They need to not exist as a company as long as they are in the business of extracting fossil fuels to be burned. 

• Like 1

Economy
3 minutes ago, Sour Jube said:

They are still causing irreparable, permanent harm to the environment. They need to not exist as a company as long as they are in the business of extracting fossil fuels to be burned. 

We need to eliminate the need for fossil fuels first tho. 

U cant just remove these companies out of the blue :fail:

• Like 1

Sour Jube
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

We don't need to burn fossil fuels. We need people to care and act and believe in science.

• Like 1

Economy
5 minutes ago, Sour Jube said:

We don't need to burn fossil fuels. We need people to care and act and believe in science.

Yeah but that takes time... u dont transition an $80 trillion economy with 7-8 billion ppl on it from one day to the next

and even without burning fossil fuels, we’d still need these companies

PartySick
18 minutes ago, Economy said:

These companies should invest their assets in transforming themselves. Whether they accept it or not, fossil fuels are dying. They should secure their profits/future by investing in the tech they need to produce renewable energy :vegas:

Edited by PartySick
I identify as Michael Jackson. My pronouns are he/hee.
  • Like 1