Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
lgbt

LGBT being hunted in Russia

Featured Posts

Akiki

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/russian-lgbtq-activist-killed-after-being-listed-saw-inspired-site-n1032841

This is bad and horrible news for the russian LGBT community.

I hope that everyone can stay safe. :hug:

A Russian LGBTQ activist, Yelena Grigoryeva, was fatally stabbed in St. Petersburg Sunday night after her name was listed on a website that encourages people to “hunt” LGBTQ activists, inspired by the torture-themed film "Saw."

Edited by Akiki
  • Shook 4
  • Sad 9

TheShameMonster

This made me so sad. Yelena died a hero. I hope this in no way discourages the movement towards liberation and equality and instead inspires more to join the cause. 

NEVER REALLY OVER IS ONE OF THE GREATEST SONGS OF ALL TIME

Squeeshy Keety

I was in Saint Petersburg at a gay club the night of the incident. It was really scary and disheartening. My friend and I went to the street she lived on so she wouldn't be just another statistic in our minds and to remember her.

I'm the one in the corner snuggling your keety and stealing all its love 😼
  • Sad 1

ZacharyMark

Yea, we've known since the anti-propaganda laws got big years ago. There are also videos of men luring LGBTQ people into homes, interrogating them, etc. And don't forget about the alleged concentration camps in Chechnya with all the other disappearances. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

THATFoxyFeeling

It really annoys me how nothing gets done about this because it’s Russia, just like with MH17. United Nations really is a load of **** and the world is so corrupt. 

• Like 5

Akiki
3 minutes ago, THATFoxyFeeling said:

It really annoys me how nothing gets done about this because it’s Russia, just like with MH17. United Nations really is a load of **** and the world is so corrupt. 

True. This isn't news anymore. The Russian situation should be at least be motif for sanctions

• Thanks 1

whocares

What is the Russian government reaction to this? I heard about the list before. This is domestic terrorism.

Edited by scarlxrd
  • Shook 1

ReginaGeorge
22 minutes ago, scarlxrd said:

What is the Russian government reaction to this? I heard about the list before. This is domestic terrorism.

Their government is pretty homophobic.

• Sad 1

Akiki
25 minutes ago, scarlxrd said:

At this point they will turn this in some twisted russian hunger games

• Sad 1

derpmonster

This is horrible.

But it's kinda ironic to see this support for the entire community ("LGBTQ") coming from you when you've been railing on nonbinary people consistently in other threads :awkney: It sounds like you only care about gays. Let me also remind you that the more gender nonconforming ones are those who get targeted first because they can be easily identified.

Join my FB Gaga sh*tposting group: I'll Never Release LG6 https://www.facebook.com/groups/185450449037808/
  • Like 1

Akiki
6 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

This is horrible.

But it's kinda ironic to see this support for the entire community ("LGBTQ") coming from you when you've been railing on nonbinary people consistently in other threads :awkney: It sounds like you only care about gays. Let me also remind you that the more gender nonconforming ones are those who get targeted first because they can be easily identified.

Show some respect. A person was killed and people are being targeted. 

It doesn't matter if you are straight gay, bi or trans when people are getting hunted down on the streets. That's just messed up. 

It's human lifes. I never wished for non-binary people to get killed. My problem it's the concept, the idea and the meaning of it for the LGBT. But that doesn't mean that killing people is a solution.

Ironic it's how square some people can be when they think of themselves has progressive. 

Keep this thread on topic please. There are active threads where we can discuss the  non binary situation. 

Edited by Akiki

FATCAT

Russia has to shake off murderer Putin before they can move forward in all areas, including LGBT rights.

They've been in a dark age for a long time. 

█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓ This püssy grabs back. █▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓