Somebody add "DJ in the list of Gaga's special talents lil quick

Urgh, I love this song.

giphy.gif 

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LilyLark
Just now, Franch Toast said:

Got it. Well, she was drinking while she was getting ready...And/or, maybe she feels pressure to come across more serious now after winning over the GP so it feels like she's trying too hard at times?... 

Honestly hate to bring it up since people are being so over the top tonight...but I think she is sometimes tipsy/drunk when she gives speeches and not just being extra. She was fine at the Grammys for the most part, especially off stage (that was her just being extra imo). But at the Met Gala and tonight she sounded like someone who was a bit drunk and trying to carefully speak so they don't slur their words.

G U C C I
14 minutes ago, Mister Gaga said:

For a very extended moment, i thought she was britney spears. Or the dumb blonde pop star she used to sing about back then.

THIS. Is this a theme? Like I kinda feel like she is making an even bigger statement and we’re missing it because we’re focused on what she’s saying (which is excellent) instead of how she’s acting and presenting herself. 

7 minutes ago, HangWang said:

I love how some of you are saying that she sounds "fake" or "pretentious" now like she literally didn't spend years putting on a voice/accent in dozens upon dozens of interviews. That is little hypocritical don't ya think? She has ALWAYS been more theatrical when she gets on stage or is in front of an audience, that is a simple fact.

Besides, you could hear the passion in her voice. This is not something she lazily whipped up in a few months. Making makeup (especially as a startup) takes a **** ton of effort and time. To claim that she's lazy or that this is simply a cash grab is preposterous and disrespectful to Gaga's intense work ethic. Now how about let's actually focus on what she was trying to say with that speech.

She told us that we should spread kindness and love, let's do that instead of criticizing her every move.

It’s clearly theatrical and yeah that’s a normal thing for her but this persona is going to be something else if that’s what’s happening.

like how she changed from BTW to ARTPOP. From ASIB to this diva mode? Wow 

MessyTop
1 minute ago, giskardsb said:

You are (intentionally I'd guess, judging from other posts) ignoring the facts that have come out about this being an actual startup company, with real venture capitalists and investors, and the investors have even talked about how one reason they invested was because of Gaga's heavy involvement in all aspects of getting this off the ground. 

It's hardly a simple licensing deal for a quick check.

Ok. First thank you for being the actual first intelligent response. I didn’t know that fact. I applaud  to you for answering my comment with a fact and  a respectful answer. Instead of calling me toxic.  Bravo to you and thank you letting me know that info. 

giskardsb
12 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Constructive criticism is different than outright vitriol. 

Something toxic people can’t distinguish from rational criticism. 

I'm particularly fond of the passive aggressive responses "but why are you all upset, I just gave my opinion" as if they don't know why their troll word laden posts somehow triggered negative reactions LOL.

HausOfMiklaus
12 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

Am I the only one who finds her corniness heartfelt and endearing? She's always been a little (or a lot) extra, but that doesn't take away from her sincerity. 

This was literally all I could think about watching the live, so imagine my ghastly surprise coming into this thread.

The thing is, she has the exact same talking cadence and mannerisms on full display at her now iconic speech at the STONEWALL INN earlier this year. She’s cutesy and corny but underneath all that there’s this underlying ferocity and sincerity. I was taken aback by how she said “I’m here because I want to change the world”.... it seems like a classic Gaga sentiment and yet in that moment it felt like she was stating a naked ambition for the first time.

I think what some people are reacting to is their mileage varies on the brand – how do you spread kindness with a beauty kit? It’s very simple to me, a queer Asian man who’s always had a complex about my looks and my body. The team crafted really easy tools: something for the eyes, the lips... that even a gay kid or young girl new to makeup can experiment with. I’m 24 and I’ve only ever done eye(lie)ner but her catalogue is making me think seriously about dabbling in it again, and she’s made it super accessible to do so. Imagine if the entirety of her fanbase tried on makeup and defied gender and beauty norms a little tonight, went to a club or just hung out with friends – what would the world look like tomorrow? 

And I understand the aversion to the capitalistic side of it, but the fact that it’s a startup is commendable. Gaga built it from the ground up with a team she knows every name of.

But hey. That’s just my feelings on the subject. 

:kiss:

KatieJudasGaga4

Calling someone's project crappy and claiming Gaga is just doing this for the money is not the right way for you to just call it "okay" or "free speech". You need to have constructive criticism, not just claim we get mad for any criticism Gaga gets. Obviously we are going to get annoyed by this. How would you feel if one of your idols were being called a "money grabber" or "she just sells products for only money".

ELECTROHEART

I don't care about HL tbh but entertains me see the looks, the videos etc... I don't hate her, I can't but some monsters are exaggerating the situation and saying bs about her and I can't understand why they are Gaga stans, the industry is full of basic b*tches who releases albums like every 6 months, let the woman be happy and the mature monsters enjoy it. Also I can't wait for LG6 and I'm hating HL and Enigma (not Gaga) but I'm fine with all of this, I have other things in my life to focuse in. :poot: putas :poot:

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

LilyLark
7 minutes ago, GagainsiderNYC said:

Ok. First thank you for being the actual first intelligent response. I didn’t know that fact. I applaud  to you for answering my comment with a fact and  a respectful answer. Instead of calling me toxic.  Bravo to you and thank you letting me know that info. 

Honestly, it can be both a business venture (like most pop girls) and something she clearly likes being involved with on some level. This ain't a Rihanna type of situation imo where she's involved in every little detail, but it's also not Gags slapping her name on it and that's it, either. The investors, as pointed out, have talked about Gags being deeply involved for the most part. IMO this is probably partially for Sarah, as she's been loyal to Gags for years now.

Everything isn't an either/or type of situation.

7 minutes ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

she's having fun and she's feeling herself :heart:

Nobody better say she hates ARTPOP ever again!! 

Archived