Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Brett Kavanaugh New Accusations

Featured Posts

gabeoz

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/14/sunday-review/brett-kavanaugh-deborah-ramirez-yale.html

Two NY Times reporters spent months independently reporting out Deborah Ramirez's allegation against Brett Kavanaugh and found it credible--and and documented another serious claim of misconduct with an eyewitness.

"During the winter of her freshman year, a drunken dormitory party unsettled her deeply. She and some classmates had been drinking heavily when, she says, a freshman named Brett Kavanaugh pulled down his pants and thrust his penis at her, prompting her to swat it away and inadvertently touch it. Some of the onlookers, who had been passing around a fake penis earlier in the evening, laughed...

But while we found Dr. Ford’s allegations credible during a 10-month investigation, Ms. Ramirez’s story could be more fully corroborated. During his Senate testimony, Mr. Kavanaugh said that if the incident Ms. Ramirez described had occurred, it would have been “the talk of campus.” Our reporting suggests that it was.

At least seven people, including Ms. Ramirez’s mother, heard about the Yale incident long before Mr. Kavanaugh was a federal judge. Two of those people were classmates who learned of it just days after the party occurred, suggesting that it was discussed among students at the time....

Ms. Ramirez’s legal team gave the F.B.I. a list of at least 25 individuals who may have had corroborating evidence. But the bureau — in its supplemental background investigation — interviewed none of them, though we learned many of these potential witnesses tried in vain to reach the F.B.I. on their own.

Two F.B.I. agents interviewed Ms. Ramirez, telling her that they found her “credible.” But the Republican-controlled Senate had imposed strict limits on the investigation. “‘We have to wait to get authorization to do anything else,’” Bill Pittard, one of Ms. Ramirez’s lawyers, recalled the agents saying. “It was almost a little apologetic.”"

• Like 1

PartySick

He's definitely getting removed from the bench at some point. He won't die a SCOTUS judge.

I identify as Michael Jackson. My pronouns are he/hee.
  • Like 1

MJHolland
15 minutes ago, PartySick said:

He's definitely getting removed from the bench at some point. He won't die a SCOTUS judge.

The only way that happens is if Republicans lose control of the Senate 

They'll literally never remove him

• Thanks 1

PartySick
15 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

The only way that happens is if Republicans lose control of the Senate 

They'll literally never remove him

We'll just have to make that happen then :diane:

I identify as Michael Jackson. My pronouns are he/hee.
  • YAAAS 5