Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
lgbt

Black Transgender Woman, Found Slain In Torched Car

Featured Posts

whocares

The South Florida death — estimated to be the 18th killing of a transgender woman of color in the U.S. this year — is being investigated as a homicide.

The death of a Black transgender woman whose body was found in a torched car in South Florida last week is being investigated as a homicide and possible hate crime, authorities said. 

The body of Bee Love Slater, a 23-year-old trans woman, was found in a burned-out car on Sept. 4 in Clewiston. Her remains were so badly burned that it took investigators several days to identify her by dental records.

The Hendry County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the death as a homicide, telling NBC-2 it’s one of the most brutal killings the county has ever seen. Investigators said they had no suspects.

Slater had been receiving threatening messages on Facebook in the days before she was killed, her friend, Antorris Williams, told Out Magazine.

Slater “posted messages saying she felt as if people were after her to attack and hurt her and she had a conversation with one of her best friends the day she was murdered saying she wanted to leave” the area, Williams said.

Violence against the trans community reached an all-time high in 2017, according to a Human Rights Campaign report. In 2018, at least 26 transgender people were killed, the majority of them trans women of color.

https://t.co/GXnSRULaKY

Edited by scarlxrd
  • Sad 17

lost in limbo

I feel sad and angry that a black trans woman being burned to the point of no  recognition isn't as shocking as it should be. 

It shouldn't be like this.

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

StarstruckIllusion

People are evil and they hate themselves. Society is sick. Rest In Peace :(

• Like 3

Arturo

This is an epidemic in the country that needs to be addressed. Of course the fat orangutan won’t but it needs to be at the forefront of many candidates campaigns. 

• Like 2

whocares
9 minutes ago, Arturo said:

This is an epidemic in the country that needs to be addressed. Of course the fat orangutan won’t but it needs to be at the forefront of many candidates campaigns. 

There will be a town hall devoted to the LGBTQ in October 10. I believe all democrats running will be attending.

• Like 2
  • Shook 1

SamanthaC

I do not care what your sexual orientation, gender identity, social status is etc.  Why do we not see people as equals? This world just saddens me so much. 

Arturo
7 hours ago, scarlxrd said:

There will be a town hall devoted to the LGBTQ in October 10. I believe all democrats running will be attending.