Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

PewDiePie cancels donation to Jewish anti-hate group after fan backlash

Supersonic

Featured Posts

Supersonic

Felix “PewDiePie” Kjellberg is pulling his $50,000 pledge to the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) after his initial announcement drew backlash from parts of his fan base.

In a video uploaded today, Kjellberg said that he didn’t know much about the ADL when he made the pledge. It was only after uploading the video and seeing feedback about the organization that he admitted he “didn’t know a lot of things that surfaced throughout this whole thing about the charity.” He made the original announcement during an unboxing of a special YouTube Play button to celebrate surpassing 100 million subscribers.

The original announcement about his donation to the ADL comes after Kjellberg stated he wanted to move past his former controversies. Kjellberg first drew global criticism for paying two men on Fiverr to hold up a sign with anti-Semitic imagery in February 2017. He was then caught using a racist expletive during a gaming live stream on YouTube. Most recently, he tried to distance himself from a popular meme, known as “Subscribe to PewDiePie,” after it was used in the Christchurch terrorist attack in New Zealand earlier this year.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/12/20862696/pewdiepie-adl-donation-backlash-100-million-subscribers?utm_campaign=theverge&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Just now, scarlxrd said:

So what exactly is the problem with this ADL organization?

It's not a fascist organization, so obviously his supporters hate it.

Supersonic
Just now, scarlxrd said:

So what exactly is the problem with this ADL organization?

That they're Jewish. He cancelled the donation because of antisemitic backlash from his fanbase.

ItWasntLaauv

I read the article and I got nothing from it, he’s just deciding to donate to a different cause because this organization spoke against him. The money’s still gonna go somewhere good so... :shrug:

Luke78619
3 minutes ago, kyanewest said:

It's funny that a guy playing video games has 'fans'. It's like recording yourself cleaning your toilet and people admire ur work

Yeah but it’s the same as people watching football, go outside and play it yourself :green:

on another note, I don’t get what was wrong with the charity :green:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Luke78619
43 minutes ago, Hyoha said:

It's not a fascist organization, so obviously his supporters hate it.

42 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

That they're Jewish. He cancelled the donation because of antisemitic backlash from his fanbase.

Okay looked into it, fans don’t like his decision because the charity themselves fought hard back in 2017 for Disney to cut ties with pewidepie entirely, which they succeeded in doing. Not a single comment is about the fact that it’s a Jewish charity, or fans being white suprematists 

All he does is play video games, especially mine craft as of late. His audience mainly consists of teens, not shaved-headed nazis terrorising synagogues. Honestly, the whole “pewdiepies fans are all white suprematists” thing is just tiring now

giphy.gif

30 minutes ago, monster78619 said:

eah but it’s the same as people watching football, go outside and play it yourself :green:

Not really imo. Playing professional football can't be done by everyone, when you watch it it's like a show, the way they play demands a lot of techniques and power that common people can't achieve unless they work at it tiredlessly 24/7 for decades. Playing video games everyone can do it 

Luke78619
Just now, kyanewest said:

Not really imo. Playing professional football can't be done by everyone, when you watch it it's like a show, the way they play demands a lot of techniques and power that common people can't achieve unless they work at it tiredlessly 24/7 for decades. Playing video games everyone can do it 

Ehhhh see even then, there are professional gamers, events held for gamers to compete against each other, gamers who know a lot about frame data and reacting quickly, or even things like speed runs, knowing and mastering all the techniques. Yes everyone can play games, just like everyone can play football, but it doesn’t mean you’re at a level of these professionals :awesome:

1 minute ago, monster78619 said:

Ehhhh see even then, there are professional gamers, events held for gamers to compete against each other, gamers who know a lot about frame data and reacting quickly, or even things like speed runs, knowing and mastering all the techniques. Yes everyone can play games, just like everyone can play football, but it doesn’t mean you’re at a level of these professionals :awesome:

You're right. I don't see how u can be a fan though maybe I just don't get it :madge:

Luke78619
4 minutes ago, kyanewest said:

You're right. I don't see how u can be a fan though maybe I just don't get it :madge:

Eh, just depends on the person, I only watch game videos if it’s a scary game and I want to see their reactions to jump scares, or if it’s a game I can’t have (don’t have the console) and wanna watch the story play through or something. Sometimes it’s just fun to watch someone create stuff and have fun with others people :nick:

4 minutes ago, monster78619 said:

Eh, just depends on the person, I only watch game videos if it’s a scary game and I want to see their reactions to jump scares, or if it’s a game I can’t have (don’t have the console) and wanna watch the story play through or something. Sometimes it’s just fun to watch someone create stuff and have fun with others people :nick:

Yeah i watch walkthrough too if i cant afford the game lol it's fun but i wouldnt say im a fan of theradbrad (u prolly know him) :huntyga:

The real scandal is how a guy who plays video games has 100 million subscribers :saladga:

Like, how the hell is he still relevant after all those years? I don't get, I really don't.

Archived