💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga covers Allure Magazine

yASSsss

Featured Posts

Chromaticunt
1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

At the end of the day it’s Gaga’s call. If she wanted to keep pushing it’s not for Bobby to say no. He might try to nudge her a certain way but final call is Gaga and tbh it sounds like classic Gaga to a T. Overworking herself to the point of exhaustion. She did it during TMB, BTWB, and JWT. Bobby isn’t making her do more shows even if she feels otherwise. It’s her call and if she goes, “Bobby, don’t cancel, I can do it.” then tries and can’t leading to yet another round of cancellations, that’s on her ultimately. I think Gaga’s great, but let’s not put victimhood on her. She’s not a puppet of her manager anymore, she’s fully in control of how her brand is acting and communicating itself. That’s why she’s never thrown him under the bus like she will routinely with Troy (as much as she legally can). Bobby’s there to make it happen but he works for her.

But Bobby is her manager and it's his job to manage her career. Even if she did want to push forward and do lots of dates in a row (and I don't believe post-fibro Gaga would do that), it's up to Bobby to say yes or no. He  is supposed to manage her if/when she's overworking herself, so he failed considering she had to cancel twice.

Ultimately, I'm not sure if he has her best intentions at heart. I very much doubt Haus Labs was her choice, especially after what she said about selling products in 2015, but I think she is trying to make the best out of it. That's why the beauty line is "more about the message" (in her own words) than the actual products. I also don't know if Vegas was her decision. I can see why Bobby thought it would be better for her, physically and mentally, but there was also a very obvious financial incentive. While I don't think Gaga is innocent in wanting the big dollar, I don't think it's the kind of decision she would have made if she'd been left to her own devices. She refused to do it unless she could also do a jazz show, which shows it probably took some persuading. 

I don't know,  this is a strange era for Gaga. I'm happy that she's both critically and commercially acclaimed now, but her brand decisions are odd to say the least and I don't believe those decisions are Gaga's (unless she has completely changed as a person in the last 3 years...).

EDIT: Sorry for the essay. :messga:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IAmNotHere1997

This is hands down her best photoshoot since ELLE 2018 :woohoo:
I know it's not like we had a tons of photoshoots since then, but still :huntyga:

LGMonster95

Yeah I think the current team is the best for her, I mean maybe we might not like some of her looks or some of her decisions music-wise sometimes but they are obviously there for her to pick her up, to motivate her and so on, maybe there are better makeup artists than Sarah (I really like some of her looks too) but for example maybe they wont have the same relationship with Gaga like her because for Gaga, this is also a really important fact to communicate and understand her, we should see stuff from Gaga's perspective too not only from ours. I also really believe her when she says that makeup helped her on becoming Lady Gaga because that's really a fact there, makeup and fashion was indeed one of the biggest things on creating her image. 

She looks stunning. Aside from her shoot with Jean Paul Gaultier for V Magazine, and the mysterious Eli Russell shoot, this is most interesting styling for photos she has done in a while.

That interview is rough though. Aside from the irony of her misgendering an imaginary trans kid, after literally screaming about pronouns at Pride, the melodrama she is bringing to promote lip liner is  insane. She always think extreme earnestness is the only way to sell sincerity. :toofunny:

“Sarah would pick me up off the floor, sit me in a chair, dry my tears, and say, ‘I’m going to put on your face now,'" Months ago I joked that this is how the interviews to promote Haus Lab were going to be...

Interviewer: So you’re not wearing makeup?

Lady Gaga is crying. Her voice cracks, “It’s funny, the “grease” on my face is actually a tribute to the transformative nature of musical theater. I was dying, on the floor, when I looked at my greasy reflection in the mirror and thought, I will be strong for John Travolta. This grease is a visceral message to theater kids all over the world, that I am with you, I’d take a bullet for you.” 

https://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/298253-makeup-tutorial-by-gaga-and-sarah-tanno-on-715/?do=findComment&comment=11373413

PoshLife

The inside photos all look amazing, the cover photo is a bit weak in my opinion (she looks great, it's just sort of boring). 

The photoshoot is incredible. The profile shot of her in that red and black feathered look? Stunning.

The interview? Was... cute. I think I have a much better grasp at the message she's trying to convey.

It still feels a little hollow, in my opinion and possibly the interviewer's also, because of the discrepancy between the intensely philanthropic message and... well, capitalism, I guess ssksksk. I personally would have just dove right in to the route of "I wanted to improve on products that I use and love" with a dash of "makeup should be for everybody, and I want to exude that". Those are messages she is gunning for, but in this interview it felt a little drowned out by the melodrama?

That said! I still support this brand because it looks like they might actually be a quality release. 

3 points in and ready for more

Gagaloo911

She looks amazing and the photo shoot is stunning. 

I also really can appreciate what she's saying in the interview. No matter what any of you may think or assume, none of us know ANYTHING about what actually occurs behind the scenes. 

Yall should listen for once to your supposed "fave" and have some motherfvcking grace and humility. 

Franch Toast

I have so many thoughts, but after poring over all of those gorgeous photos, in the words of a certain Stefani Germanotta, she's "left me speechless." 

I want to savor the photos a bit more before thinking about her interview...

She/Her/Hers

Archived