💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Gaga: AOTY mainstay 2010-12

HausOfMiklaus

Featured Posts

HausOfMiklaus

We take it for granted (and last year the nominee count was expanded from 5 to 8), but Gaga was absolutely trailblazing right from the start. To be there nominated for three consecutive years for the highest accolade of the most prestigious, mainstream music award show? She was prolific af and hit her imperial phase so early in her career.

lady-gaga-grammys-2010-1.jpg

grammyweb-jumbo.jpg

66405104_1134339663620152_25890548251486

Even compared to her peers this decade, the feat is incredible: Taylor Swift and Adele’s 2 wins were years apart (and was Fearless truly deserving over The Fame? Or 25 over Lemonade? I digress...), same with her fellow triple-AOTY nominated pals BeyoncĂ© and Kendrick Lamar.

Besides that, she’s performed at the Grammys stage every year from 2015 onwards – and each showcase has been different from the last. Who knows, maybe ASIB’s likely nomination (and LG6? :huntyga:) is the start of another hot streak.

KatieJudasGaga4

I really hope ASIB gets nominated and wins. Its very diverse and appeals to a lot of people. Gaga truly deserved this award since 2010.

she deserved AOTY with TFM :interestinga:

툭 êčŒëłŽë©Ž ì–Žêč€ì—†ìŽ ì†ŒëŠŹì§ˆëŸŹì™€

KatieJudasGaga4
9 minutes ago, HausOfMiklaus said:

same with her fellow triple-AOTY nominated pals Beyoncé and Kendrick Lamar.

And Mariah Carey

HausOfMiklaus
2 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

And Mariah Carey

Oh there definitely are more, I was just focusing on the nominees for the past decade for clarity.

I really hope Gaga can win a GF Grammy one day, Shallow TOTALLY deserved ROTY and SOTY, but they decided to give it to a song everybody forgot :interestinga:

Let’s hope ASIB really wins :pray:

HoneyB

When you do talentry, the TALENT comes back to bite!

df75cdcf3ae1ca19f0d63d62bb9219b1.jpg

my faves are too POWERFUL, I CAN stand it!

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c89705bcf5e4fae8ec3da1

💋 đ•Šđ•„đ•–đ•Ą 𝕐𝕒 â„‚đ• đ• đ•œđ•šđ•–đ•€ 𝕌𝕡💋đŸȘ

I'll never forget how they didn't give SOTY and ROTY to Shallow tho :triggered: 

if only the Oscars happened first :pray: 

툭 êčŒëłŽë©Ž ì–Žêč€ì—†ìŽ ì†ŒëŠŹì§ˆëŸŹì™€

KatieJudasGaga4
1 hour ago, Enzo said:

I'll never forget how they didn't give SOTY and ROTY to Shallow tho :triggered: 

if only the Oscars happened first :pray: 

Maybe, but the deadline for voting ended a month before the actual Grammys. It ended on Jan 9th I think and Shallow wasn't really everywhere yet, it only won the Golden Globe, but voters probably already voted. If the deadline was pushed to the end of January or early February, Shallow would've had a huge chance to win

JustJames

This really is an incredible testament to what made and makes LG so special; her impact was felt immediately and was unavoidable for those 3-4 years. 

It’s hard to understand how she was able to secure 3x AOTY nominations, be chosen to perform 6x, etc. while also batting 0% in the General Field with outright insults like losing for “Til it Happens to You,” going home empty handed for BTW, and having Weird Als mock video of BTW nominate do and not the real song or video.

Is it just bad luck? Was TF passed over because of the Kanye incident? Was TFM passed over to credit an atypical nominee? Did the overexposure of the BTW era hurt its chances?

I think she made some real mistakes- not making TFM an LP / not releasing Speechless + DITD; not submitting EOG or BTW for S/ROTY, and not releasing or performing ONE more follow up to Shallow. But, while I think Speechless would’ve gotten it done, BR was obviously snubbed. While MR and Shallow were overexposed, they deserved more than they got. And whereas the Grammys seem to award consolidation prizes frequently, shutting out BTW had to have been deliberate.

Really hope ASIB gets a nom and that somehow, she sneaks in a non Shallow performance before the deadlines.

JustJames

Anyone else feel like TF submissions were off? IMO, Paparazzi was the jewel of that era and would’ve pushed it for S/ROTY and Music Video, leaving Pokerface for the Dance categories.

Am I also totally crazy for thinking that had she released Speechless and DITD, the former would’ve been a hot contender for S/ROTY and the latter a better bid for Dance SOTY? Meanwhile, 5 top 10 singles would’ve made TFM that much stronger for AOTY.

HausOfMiklaus
6 hours ago, JustJames said:

Was TF passed over because of the Kanye incident?

If their collab for cancelled the Fame Kills tour actually hurt the album's chances, it's another fallout from that incident that I hold against him.

Did the overexposure of the BTW era hurt its chances?

It certainly didn't help. It just sucks when big pop eras can lend itself to victory (1989), but I think Adele's sudden rise just overtook everything else for sheer virtue of sounding like nothing else that year.

not submitting EOG or BTW for S/ROTY

SHE DIDN'T? That powerful lead single and a widely acclaimed fave Gaga track? :bradley:

Doncho

She was really something else during those years... :giveup: Its sad that she hasnt won AOTY yet, but being nominated 3 times in a row is amazing, and for it to be for her first 3 albums makes it even more impressing. Hopefully ASIB can get a nom, but I cant see it winning. It should have no problem winning for Best Soundtrack... so that would make Gaga a TEN TIME WINNER :firega:

HausOfMiklaus
1 hour ago, Doncho said:

It should have no problem winning for Best Soundtrack... so that would make Gaga a TEN TIME WINNER :firega:

Hopefully even more, catapulting Gaga further up on that ‘Grammy wins from female artists’ list :firega:

Archived