Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

An exciting year for best new artist

Thomas P

Featured Posts

Thomas P

I think it's safe to say that the 2020 Grammys are gonna present one of the most entertaining best new artist runs in literal years. 

2019, as a year, has been one where new talent has thrived in ways that haven't been documented in quite some time. This time, not only are the usual crop of one hit wonders competing, but there have also been forces emerging and gaining global dominance.

Lizzo and Billie (who'll most likely end up winning), represent the kind of meteoric rise to the top of public discussion that hasn't been seen since 2009, when Gaga did the same herself. 

Imo because of them, and others like Lil Nas X, Ava Max, Sigrid, Meghan Thee Stallion, etc. the best new artist race is actually gonna be one of the most exciting awards presented at the show, which is not a sentiment I have ever had about the award. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

whocares

I agree. It was a great year for new artists. I‘m not a fan but Ava Max and her team missed an opportunity this year by not releasing a full body of work.

corvus albus

I would root for Lizzo if Billies success wouldn't be miles above her. I still wish both the best luck :vegas: They do deserve it.

vinster13

I know Kim Petras won’t get recognition at the Grammys this year, but she’s been rising the past year too! Despite her working with Dr. Puke (probably a contract deal) her music is amazing!!! 

Archived