Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

WB wants Rihanna to play Poison Ivy

Kimmo

Featured Posts

rihanna-vogue-1-tgj.jpg

Rihanna has proven herself a multi-tasker of epic proportions. And while much of that title relates to her entrepreneurial activity, she’s no stranger to the big screen either.

Now, per a new report, Warner Brosmay be looking to gift the Bajan belle her next big role. RiRi is said to be on the studio’s internal list of names in contention to play Poison Ivy in the next Batman movie.

No word on whether a formal offer has been extended to the 31-year-old, but early murmurs has made DCEU enthusiasts excited. Especially as Ms. Ivy hasn’t been present on screen since 1997.

Rih’s filmography has generated varied results, with some titles fairing better (‘Oceans 8’) than others (‘Battleship’).

Still, as the likes of Beyonce with ‘The Lion King’ and Lady Gaga with ‘A Star Is Born,’ there ample marketing potential in attaching a major Pop star to a flick. So, it definitely would be a great look on paper for all parties.

Perhaps, just perhaps, that may bring with it the new music folk are thirsty for from Ms. Fenty too.

https://thatgrapejuice.net/entertainment/2019/09/rihanna-being-courted-warner-bros-play-poison-ivy-next-batman-movie/

Hottie Detector

Rihanna's acting is.. :poot:

But she has the sexiness and edginess of Poison (Blue) Ivy so it can actually work.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Inferno

She'd look amazing in the part but her acting is truly, truly, truly abysmal. I love her. But no. Its not even passable.

Or like.. Rihanna’s roles in battleship and even more recently oceans 8? Weird that their positing it like it would be her first film

Imagine they got pop girls for Poison, Harley, and Catwoman :diane: if only they could act. Gaga as Harley, Riri as Poison Ivy, and then hmm... Ariana as Catwoman :gayhat: 

She could pull off Poison Ivy in a Batman movie villain. There probably isn't much acting involved as most of the appeal is based on her looking sexy/exotic. She would not be able to carry a Poison Ivy movie though.

I think Saoirse could do a mean Poison Ivy, would make her more famous/bankable and she's super talented so would be amazing and show her versatility

9 minutes ago, LaLuna said:

How about getting someone who can actually act :oops:

Names sell more than ability anymore. 

Defmix100
34 minutes ago, Inferno said:

She'd look amazing in the part but her acting is truly, truly, truly abysmal. I love her. But no. Its not even passable.

if you rewatch Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy it looks like they don't need the role to be passable to happen (and this is coming from someone who loves Kill Bill, her acting in Batman was so terrible)

Inferno
1 minute ago, Defmix100 said:

if you rewatch Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy it looks like they don't need the role to be passable to happen (and this is coming from someone who loves Kill Bill, her acting in Batman was so terrible)

ha! touche. but quite honestly Rih wouldn't even be able to reach that.

Reality

I'm still mad that WB decided to do Birds of Prey over Gotham City Sirens, and that they didn't get Gaga to play Poison Ivy :interestinga:

🃏🖤👹

Archived