Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Single visuals that are too good for the single

SeasonOfTheWitch

Featured Posts

SeasonOfTheWitch

What are the (if there are any) Gaga singles that have such amazing visuals that the song itself falls short? 

:ally: Let the mayhem begin 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Inferno

Perfect, f*cking, Illusion.

Honestly one of the most attractive, simple, Gaga videos imo but the song itself is so underwhelming. She looked amazing, I loved the lighting and the style of the cinematography.

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, Inferno said:

Honestly one of the most attractive, simple, Gaga videos imo but the song itself is so underwhelming. She looked amazing, I loved the lighting and the style of the cinematography.

The song is amazing wyd :what:

End Racism Now

Chromaticunt
Just now, Inferno said:

The PI video? Really?  :triggered:

I'd say G.U.Y honestly. I would rather have had a full-length Venus or ARTPOP video with the beautiful aesthetics and location. G.U.Y as a song is a fun bop but hardly lives up to the other two.

Inferno
9 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

The song is amazing wyd :what:

honestly, like everyones entitled to their opinion and I dont want to rain on anyones parade and blah blah blah but that track is so overblown. She didn't need to do all that with that song with its simple lyrics but she did and its one of the times in her career where she flopped and its not just because the public couldnt appreciate it but because the song just wasnt it imo. I hate the way she annunicates her words in it as well "ell loo shun", had they kept it more like kevins demo I think it couldve smashed if at least just actually been a cool vibe. and i feel like everyones all of a sudden like being contrarians and hyping up PI simply to be contrarians because no one actually likes it. ive seen this fanbase do that with flop songs a million times at this point.

6 minutes ago, ThatBinch said:

The PI video? Really?  :triggered:

Yeah I think the color scheming and vibe was dope af. And she looked amazing, I love the bomber jacket, I love her makeup etc. It all just looked cool without having to be grand in concept or styling. Not really sure why the fanbase has this weird problem with it imo. I think considering a majority of people here think the ARTPOP film is some sort of masterpiece it speaks to the taste level lol....

Glamourpuss
15 minutes ago, Inferno said:

I think both go perfectly well together. :flutter:

Inferno
Just now, Glamourpuss said:

I think both go perfectly well together. :flutter:

yeah yeah yeah, everyone here is a PI stan all of a sudden :saladga:

moonboywow
2 minutes ago, Inferno said:

yeah yeah yeah, everyone here is a PI stan all of a sudden :saladga:

I mean...I always have been. I don't get the hype with shock art anymore. Like. .gaga shines best with Joanne type music. More stripped back and emotional. I need another song that goes hard like perfect illusion. That's the first song (and Joanne being first album) that really hit my heart in an emotional way and not just like "sick dope gaga music".

11 minutes ago, LabCoatDude said:

Telephone

Actually, definitely can see this … the video’s magnitude reflected the cultural event more so than the song itself, imo.

Inferno
2 minutes ago, moonboywow said:

I mean...I always have been. I don't get the hype with shock art anymore. Like. .gaga shines best with Joanne type music. More stripped back and emotional. I need another song that goes hard like perfect illusion. That's the first song (and Joanne being first album) that really hit my heart in an emotional way and not just like "sick dope gaga music".

My opinion of PI has nothing to do with expectations of tacky shock art and quite honestly its not a minimal stripped back or emotional track. Its as overblown vocally as the ARTPOP film is conceptually.

Archived