Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
opinion

You Need To Calm Down...

OMonster

Featured Posts

Lucid, logical, astute: ace.

I guess, all things being equal (imo), the narrative potential for a Gaga 2020 release is why zeitgeist pop exists as a cultural form … it’s probably delusional hyperbole, but that being said: a literal GAGA 2020 campaign, during the very forthcoming election year … as her first solo project — not only of the decade, but since the last election cycle — to potentially counterpart the “Lady” that was channeled by way of Joanne (and through the Hollywood glamour of the ASIB tenure) … I mean, the potential for a true, genuine, paradigmatic, magnum opus, is so viable … and, venturing even further down the rabbit hole of rhapsodic conjuring … to drop said capstone canon album on Friday, March 27 … ushering in the 34th birthday, (simplified to the seventh day — overreaching and vague symbolically speaking) … yes — grant the shown world 20/20 vision cosmic cultural clarity to birth a pop culture terra nova (or, politically speaking: open wide the doors to the Haus of Representatives, “soon” to be in session).

But, again, this is just fundamentally from a narrative development perspective … so, industry logic, market projections, etc. notwithstanding

Head Empty
2 hours ago, OMonster said:

- *All* indicators suggest that LG6 is the album we have been waiting for. Dance, pop, classic Gaga... whatever you want to call it. There is nothing to suggest otherwise. 

We have no confirmation of anything either. We know who she's been in the studio with, but that doesn't indicate what will actually be on the album. She worked with Bloodpop, RedOne, Josh Homme and Tame Impala for Joanne but that album does not resemble their solo work at all.

Making assumptions based on your personal wishes will only get you dissappointed.

Happiness will never last, darkness comes to kick your ass... ‎ ᵃˢˢ 🕺

Head Empty
8 minutes ago, bxr said:

I guess, all things being equal (imo), the narrative potential for a Gaga 2020 release is why zeitgeist pop exists as a cultural form … it’s probably delusional hyperbole, but that being said: a literal GAGA 2020 campaign, during the very forthcoming election year … as her first solo project — not only of the decade, but since the last election cycle — to potentially counterpart the “Lady” that was channeled by way of Joanne (and through the Hollywood glamour of the ASIB tenure) … I mean, the potential for a true, genuine, paradigmatic, magnum opus, is so viable … and, venturing even further down the rabbit hole of rhapsodic conjuring … to drop said capstone canon album on Friday, March 28 … the 34th birthday, (simplified to the seventh day — overreaching and vague symbolically speaking) … yes — grant the shown world 20/20 vision cosmic cultural clarity to birth a pop culture terra nova (or, politically speaking: open wide the doors to the Haus of Representatives, “soon” to be in session).

But, again, this is just fundamentally from a narrative development perspective … so, industry logic, market projections, etc. notwithstanding

fresh off the boat mind blown GIF

Happiness will never last, darkness comes to kick your ass... ‎ ᵃˢˢ 🕺

LilyLark
23 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

We have no confirmation of anything either. We know who she's been in the studio with, but that doesn't indicate what will actually be on the album. She worked with Bloodpop, RedOne, Josh Homme and Tame Impala for Joanne but that album does not resemble their solo work at all.

Making assumptions based on your personal wishes will only get you dissappointed.

I'd also point out that people keep assuming it's going to be techno or EDM because of  Boys Noize. Except Boys Noize is just one of a couple of confirmed, not just rumored, producers (Rami, Bloodpop, etc.), and they've also produced some disco-esque and more mainstream electropop tracks.

Kind of feel like a lot of LM will be disappointed because they've convinced themselves LG6 will be an exact way and if LG6 deviates in anyway they'll be annoyed.

Sneaky Oliver
3 hours ago, OMonster said:

- Which means that Gaga will have guaranteed relevancy in two separate decades. 

You mean three decades... 00s, 10s and 20s! But other than that, good argument! 

In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel living in the Garden Of Eden

Sneaky Oliver
1 hour ago, bxr said:

I guess, all things being equal (imo), the narrative potential for a Gaga 2020 release is why zeitgeist pop exists as a cultural form … it’s probably delusional hyperbole, but that being said: a literal GAGA 2020 campaign, during the very forthcoming election year … as her first solo project — not only of the decade, but since the last election cycle — to potentially counterpart the “Lady” that was channeled by way of Joanne (and through the Hollywood glamour of the ASIB tenure) … I mean, the potential for a true, genuine, paradigmatic, magnum opus, is so viable … and, venturing even further down the rabbit hole of rhapsodic conjuring … to drop said capstone canon album on Friday, March 28 … the 34th birthday, (simplified to the seventh day — overreaching and vague symbolically speaking) … yes — grant the shown world 20/20 vision cosmic cultural clarity to birth a pop culture terra nova (or, politically speaking: open wide the doors to the Haus of Representatives, “soon” to be in session).

source.gif

I couldn't understand most of it but hey i liked it :ally: #2020radioisours

In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel living in the Garden Of Eden

Good points! Bar my own personal impatience, it makes sense.

I guess the real challenge is, outside of the quality of the music and promotional material itself, if her and her team have the skills to pull this off. I feel like we should put faith in them, but for some reason a lot of us have been disenchanted with her promo rollouts the last, like, few years.

She's had an incredible year, yes, but we'll see.

3 points in and ready for more

Stephen
1 hour ago, bxr said:

I guess, all things being equal (imo), the narrative potential for a Gaga 2020 release is why zeitgeist pop exists as a cultural form … it’s probably delusional hyperbole, but that being said: a literal GAGA 2020 campaign, during the very forthcoming election year … as her first solo project — not only of the decade, but since the last election cycle — to potentially counterpart the “Lady” that was channeled by way of Joanne (and through the Hollywood glamour of the ASIB tenure) … I mean, the potential for a true, genuine, paradigmatic, magnum opus, is so viable … and, venturing even further down the rabbit hole of rhapsodic conjuring … to drop said capstone canon album on Friday, March 27 … ushering in the 34th birthday, (simplified to the seventh day — overreaching and vague symbolically speaking) … yes — grant the shown world 20/20 vision cosmic cultural clarity to birth a pop culture terra nova (or, politically speaking: open wide the doors to the Haus of Representatives, “soon” to be in session).

Um can I frame this post :bradley:

TheAlexer
4 hours ago, OMonster said:

- That means this album will be well thought-out and will have had a lot of time, energy and effort put into it. 

Nah.. the longer she works on a project, the more time she has to scrap the crazy/controversial bits

Archived