RIAA asked to investigate payola allegations

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Catnikko

Payola is literally not as much of a thing as stans make out :toofunny: 

If radio spam a big artists song, it's because that's what they know will get them listeners etc, If payola was a thing then radio wouldn't have boycotted Judas and the once accused 'payola queen' katy perry wouldn't have been struggling throughout her last album cycle and possibly even her newest :triggered:

ZiggyZiggs
5 minutes ago, Unbeweavable said:

Payola is literally not as much of a thing as stans make out :toofunny: 

If radio spam a big artists song, it's because that's what they know will get them listeners etc, If payola was a thing then radio wouldn't have boycotted Judas and the once accused 'payola queen' katy perry wouldn't have been struggling throughout her last album cycle and possibly even her newest :triggered:

Did u read the article? Payola is most definitely a thing lol 

Ellie Goulding’s Close to me was no.1 on adult top 40 and no.2 on mainstream top 40 radio lmfao even though no one was checking for that song how 

Reginald

:sweat: A lot of A-and-B-listers wouldn't be relevant without payola's influence on the general public's opinion. Investigate away, sweetie :gaysia: Expose ha 

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

It will be interesting to see if they can get an investigation off the ground. The article says "The RIAA last attempted a payola investigation in 1985... That attempt proved unsuccessful thanks to pushback from some of the RIAA's member companies..."

Clearly lots of people wouldn't want to mess with the current system.

KatieJudasGaga4
5 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

Gaga ain’t worried cuz radio don’t play her anyways. :madge:

I still can't believe it though. Shallow goes #5 on the Hot 100, radio does nothing and makes it fall. Shallow goes #1, it only goes #10 on the radio charts while Sweet But Psycho peaked at #10 and reached #3 on the radio chart. What is this nonsense.

LateToCult
Just now, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

I still can't believe it though. Shallow goes #5 on the Hot 100, radio does nothing and makes it fall. Shallow goes #1, it only goes #10 on the radio charts while Sweet But Psycho peaked at #10 and reached #3 on the radio chart. What is this nonsense.

I fear for Ariana. God Is A Woman and Breathin’ getting so much airplay while TUN and 7 Rings were going strong smelled fishy af. At least in my local radio stations.  :madge:

Archived