đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Original Enigma Concept SCRAPPED by Eli

Gagz4Gaga

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Borislshere said:

I still can't believe she changed it just like that. No wonder the "story" feels so weird and amateurish. 

Says the one that has an enigma pic as her/his profile pic :ohwell:

What if tomorrow I see you again? Should I say that I used to love you?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brie Candy

How did the genesis of the anime-inspired Enigma character come about?

She created the story and the wrote the script herself. But she had some help from Eli Russell, a young kid who's done some of the photography for her but somehow he got into the creative of the show. The character Enigma was based on a character that we've used in the past for her ARTPOP tour: Petga. She brought her back and gave her a different name and a bigger role.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8500580/lady-gaga-production-designer-leroy-bennett-creating-vegas-residency

LGMonster95

And to think that a lot of stans were saying stuff like "Gaga is surrounded by yes men and is afraid to tell her no when she's wrong" literally has me laughing at the moment

geopang

I told everyone his work and ideas were a mess, but y’all seemed so obsessed with him during the announcement. I trust Gaga when she follows her own vision, not someone else’s

ShayCristoforo
2 hours ago, Phoebe Buffay said:

her own team sabotaging her? what's new?

also, she let him talk her out of her original concept just because he didn't like it? this is absolutely NOT the gaga we know

Right?? I would have enjoyed the surreal / monstrous theme instead of the cyberpunk alien stuff

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Glamourpuss
29 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Monsters: "Gaga needs a team who can say NO to her"

Also monster: "He said no to her, so he's cocky and obnoxious"

:rip:

Who knows, maybe her idea wasn't that good at all.

Fair point.

But I can't help thinking that the original Enigma was the one thing she got right in a long time. Everybody seemed to love that photoshoot.

James Gibson

I cant with y'all. Years complaining Gaga only have yes-maam' people around her and when somebody makes an imput you accuse her of not being authentic :selena:

29 minutes ago, Brie Candy said:

How did the genesis of the anime-inspired Enigma character come about?

She created the story and the wrote the script herself. But she had some help from Eli Russell, a young kid who's done some of the photography for her but somehow he got into the creative of the show. The character Enigma was based on a character that we've used in the past for her ARTPOP tour: Petga. She brought her back and gave her a different name and a bigger role.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8500580/lady-gaga-production-designer-leroy-bennett-creating-vegas-residency

THANK U

Before attacking Eli he did the visual part of the show, the wacky story as called by some of you was fully written by Gaga.

This is just like the scrapped VMAs performance. Something dark and overly weird that would NOT fit in a joyful and colorful platform as an Enigma residency or ARTPOP era.

Borislshere
35 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Says the one that has an enigma pic as her/his profile pic :ohwell:

... I'm missing the correlation. 

12-DC5349-CE58-4326-8-B51-C91-A0-FD85765

MaryJaneHolland
6 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

Fair point.

But I can't help thinking that the original Enigma was the one thing she got right in a long time. Everybody seemed to love that photoshoot.

Everyone loved the Enigma trailer as well, so :rip: 

It's all about the execution, not the idea :oops:

He wanted to be credited as lead creative of the show and managed to do it by saying NO to gaga 

Serving your own interests here Eli :ohwell:

James Gibson

However I gotta admit this story feels really weird. I mean change the Eli line with Gaga and it would like a much more plausible conversation from what we expect from her. 

Specially because the weird  photoshoot looks much more like Eli's work than the neon rave from Enigma. :oprah:

CannaeDrive

So, the fact that this interview is old and that nothing is confirmed that this photo shoot is in any way related to whatever Vegas residency concept, this thread is only a pretext for some Enigma haters to get out of the woods, we must conclude. Monstrosities are so predictable.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

VOLANTIS

How many times do you think Gaga has scrapped LG6 because her plumber, Pizza delivery guy or the neighbor's dog didn't feel the vibe?

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Archived