opinion

CEREMONY || LDR Videos Megarate

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

#1 | Ride

giphy+%25285%2529.gif

AVERAGE:  10,66

HIGHEST SCORE: 11 from @Lanadelduck, @Varys, @Sneaky Oliver, @Anveeroy, @Jorget, @CatelynnMarie, @Miichael, @Cerny

LOWEST SCORE: 6,5 from @FfFfFfFF

COMMENTS

@Sneaky OliverRide is one of the smartest videos of hers. It’s all about Lana channeling her deepest fantasies as they were an actual part of her real life. Ofc the monologue alone makes the video worthy-watching.

@Miichael This video is a straight up MASTERPIECE. I think it was one of her first videos that I saw and it is simply one of her best videos ever tbh. The monologue is absolutely beautiful, all the different settings and locations are incredible, and the shot of her swinging on the tire in the desert is gorgeous. Not to mention “Ride” is one of my favourite songs of hers, the video does it complete and utter justice and is a cinematic masterpiece.

@Cerny You can capture the entirety of it frame by frame and every single image will carry visual impact, the cast, the locations, the angles, the lighting, the colours, the wardrobe, it all comes together harmoniously into this decadent, melancholic, daring and sensual package, it tells you everything you need to know about Lana Del Rey’s general feel in the most liberating way, riding the open road, a romanticised notion of freedom, as it is narrated and played by Del Rey, the lovers and the bikers, and brilliantly directed by Anthony Mandler. I still think it’s her best accompanying visual to date.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hausofcy
1 minute ago, FfFfFfFF said:

#2 | Tropico

giphy+%25283%2529.gifgiphy+%25284%2529.gifgiphy+%25282%2529.gif

AVERAGE: 9,90

HIGHEST SCORE: 11 from @hausofcy

LOWEST SCORE: 7,5 from @Jorget

COMMENTS

@Suspiria One of very few music videos that have actually had an emotional effect on me... sis genuinely had me repenting my sins, wanting to be good.

@Sneaky OliverI have always wondered why Tropico? Is it because it’s the line between reality and fantasy? I think the whole concept of the video is the idea that we’re all “dead” inside. We’re all holy created headed Earth to follow crooked ways and then eventually rising again to the heavens after redemption. I love the ethereal colors of Body Electric’s Garden Of Eden. Also the way she included Ginsberg’s and Whitman’s poetry!!! The flying saucers at the end might suggest that heaven is not the same that it used to be, like there’s a futuristic version of it (?). Interesting choice.

@Miichael So artistic and so well made. There are some scenes I don’t like, but on the whole, the video is so gorgeous and really delivers on that “Lana aesthetic” that people have come to know and love about her. The Body Electric scene is one of my favourites, and I especially love some of the monologue she added throughout the video.

@Cerny The robbery scene is brilliant. Overall, a tight, gorgeous package. I love all the multiculturalism, and the religious and old Hollywood imagery.

@LazyTurtleThis Bible fanfic is god damn good, especially Eden part.

@OG Gaga Stan :ohwell:

🇯🇵

Bubblegum Bitch

Well deserved, Ride! A true winner of this Megarate! :applause:

@FfFfFfFF thank you so much for hosting it! For me this megarate was a great opportunity to watch old Lana's music videos again and to discover some of her new material. You did a great job with these 27 m/v! 

FfFfFfFF
Just now, Varys said:

Wth 6,5 @FfFfFfFF :grr:

I could've used the right number to kick it from the top spot if I wanted so maybe you should thank me instead. :reductive:

3 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

I could've used the right number to kick it from the top spot if I wanted so maybe you should thank me instead. :reductive:

With what country are you playing again in GV :triggered:

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

FfFfFfFF

Thank you to everybody! I could tagg all of you but my braincells are lagging at this point. :poot:

I had fun, from searching for gifs to reading you comments and uploading the results! :heart:

FfFfFfFF
1 minute ago, hausofcy said:

yup thanks @FfFfFfFF

getting high and watching all lana videos again has been the highlight of my summer tbh :emma: 

thanks king :hug:

I hope it wasn't something with something hard or unsafe though. :poot:

Agreed, thank you @FfFfFfFF for your dedication and hard work, and also everyone who participated, you made this a fun (and rewarding :flower:) experience. :heart:

FfFfFfFF
15 minutes ago, hausofcy said:

the monolgue alone outsells main pop girls' careers 

Camila has left the chat.

Miichael

Omg I missed the ceremony cause I was asleep but v glad with the final rankings :golfclap:

Here was my red carpet look, sorry I arrived 18 hours late but the flash bulbs from the pretty cameras, pretty cameras are still flashing, right?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjXfk8lP5Uxt0pVUbzLYt

Born This Way Ball - 20/6/12 | artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball - 30/8/14 | LA To The Moon Tour - 2/4/2018

Archived