Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Katy In A Worse Place Than Gaga Was?

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

Arturo
3 hours ago, RochestrMonstr said:

Did Witness even sell 1m WW? I think although Katy is in a better place as a celebrity than Gaga was during ARTPOP, her music career has less of a chance of rebounding. 

Gaga had to rely on her vocal talent and serve other kinds of music to obtain a repeak. 

Katy is more of a typical pop star, and those kinds of careers tend to have a shelf-life, especially once the singer reaches their late 30’s. 

It definitely did since it’s around 700,000 - 800,000 units in the US. Still bad numbers WW.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Luna Lovegood

No. But Katy is in a worse place than Katy was back in 2014/2015 commercial and popularity wise but who cares? She is still making money lmao

luna’s advocate

Smother Em Eh

No, Gaga was treated worse

With that said, Katy isn’t doing that well because she’s releasing the same boring generic pop music she’s done for years now. She isn’t doing anything new. She doesn’t have much artistry besides her pop hits. She’s become manufactured and boring. There isn’t much of a substance to her anymore! 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

boyerased
59 minutes ago, Britney Jean1 said:

This is a lot of nonsense, its not about voice sweetie!!! Xtina have more powerful voice than britney, Right? well. Taylor is now the only big popstar we had, does taylor have a powerful voice? Never. I think both gaga and katy are in the same line in POP MUSIC. PI peaked at #15 and it was the lead single from Joanne, Million reasons  needed million preformances and superbowl and it peaked the same as katy lead single from witness #4. John wayne, it didn't even chart in the 100 wether it was a single or not. to conculde katy and gaga are doing much the same in pop music. I hate when people bring voice and vocals in .

Im not about talking the quality. It's how when you hear her voice the song sounds dated. I'm talking from a marketing standpoint. How an artist's voice resonates with the public. That's just my opinion. Sorry. 

RichAssPiss

Yes. Gaga always has talent to fall back on. Even without hits or radio support, she is still interesting and engaging as a singer, actress, performer, and writer. Katy is the kind of pop du jour radio star that has nothing to fall back on. American Idol ain't it, gal. She will always be rich and blessed but without radio support and hit songs she will be most known as a catalog artist touring her hits or playing residencies. Basic comparison: Katy will not be asked to play award shows without hits. Gaga would be welcome on any stage because she brings major star power even doing covers and tributes. Katy is only as important as her last hit. Gaga, not so. 

KatherinePierce
4 hours ago, Ikvs said:

Not really, the name 'Lady Gaga' was almost forgotten around her lowest, she wasn't considered a pop girl at all. I think Katy is holding up well in the pop scene to be honest.

No lady gaga was never forgotten. She just hated by media and gp at that time. But people still talked about her costumes her performances and her videos. Her music wasn’t succesful as the other three albums that’s all. 

KatherinePierce
4 hours ago, Akiki said:

Nop. Nothing compares to ARTPOP. Kathy is facing lack of interest from the GP, but Gaga, at the top of her powers, decided to go against the media during the ARTPOP era. Let's be honest, at the time Gaga was huge. A massive name worldwide but the truth is... you can't beat the system. The media dragged her to hell. She lost and Tony saved her. 

Just like Khaleesi, Gaga failed to break the wheel and her salvation was Tony that thought her the power of the "I don't care"

That's why Gaga is so disconnected nowadays. She got away from the headlines and the whole mess the media creates around her life and persona. 

Katy main problem is that she fell from grace with some bad choices. She didn't grew up. Still makin pop music for kids.

Even the media dragged her she was still popular at ARTPOP era. Her music wasn’t succesful as her other three albums that’s all. And Applause peaked at #4 same as CTTR. Dope peaked at #8 DWUW peaked at #13. They were good numbers compare to other Witness singles after CTTR. And ARTPOP sold more than witness. 

Taylucifer
3 hours ago, doppelganger said:

It's not just Katy though. Many other musicians who had a less successful 2019 made more money that Gaga. 

There's no longer huge money in music though considering album sales have plummeted. Having a successful music career is no longer a barometer of commercial success for a pop star. 

Gaga finally has a hit album but still made more from touring and endorsements. When talking about commercial success we need to look at the entire spectrum of an artist's earnings. 

ahhh, I see:hug:

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW

Taylucifer
7 hours ago, LateToCult said:

*Katy Perry Collections has entered the chat* :ladyhaha:

i dont know her mariah carey GIF

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW

FentyGa

yeahhh i think she's in a pretty irredeemable place. never really over could've been her big comeback, it went to like #15 or sumn, but she just didn't promote it as much as she should've and could've. it rly could've been a top 10 single.

now with small talk...that short high is over. she lost her chance. and it's not like she has all that much talent to show off or turn public perceptipn around 

Lemondeduerl

What's going on with Katy? Ok I didn't like Witness too much and I barely listened to her new singles (365 is a bop tho) But Katy is a main pop girl and she has a huge fanbase. I don't know why isn't doing better. 

:)

StrawberryBlond

She is in a worse place, no exaggeration. Witness sold worse than AP and its singles performed worse too (AP had 3 top tens, Witness only had 1). If it hadn't been for Katy's team's insistence that she tour extensively with this album, she wouldn't have even pulled in as much as the Artrave tour (not a single date sold out, I believe and by comparison, Gaga could have done more dates with Artrave but wanted to keep things short and sweet). She has just as many, if not more people saying that she's over to the same extent Gaga got in 2013. In fact, it seems more brutal as regards Katy because she's viewed as a much bigger hit-maker than Gaga. When you've had 6 #1's off the same album and achieved 9 #1's in the first 6 years of your career, it's kinda a big bar to set. Perform any lower than that and you'll be lambasted by the critics and public as a failure. That's what made her fall from grace all the more embarrassing, it was just too much of a change to what we were used to with the Katy Perry brand. To see Katy singles fail to even scrape the top 40 after 3 successful back to back eras was so bizarre. When an artist has never known anything but success, this moment always hits them hard. And she's been on a worse trajectory ever since with none of her standalone singles managing to crack top 10, even though they're super commercial pop. This doesn't bode well for her future album and tour sales. The sudden lack of interest even from her own fans suggests that she had a very limited shelf life and fell at the decade hurdle. It's sad but it happens to so many artists, it's nothing new. We just seem to have this idea nowadays that every big star will always shine bright and that they're entitled to. Most artists are done being commercial forces after their third album, if not before and only a select few maintain consistency.

Gaga never flopped by releasing safe music and videos, so Katy is worst than Gaga ever was. 

And I dont get why people mention American Idol. It isnt something good for Katy. If tomorrow Gaga or Britney would became available for American Idol, the producers will take any of them over Katy. 

Inferno

Katy will never be in a worse place because shes mostly inoffensive, 100% stays in line with what will sell and relies on her looks/sexuality to buoy her which will always win out moreso than whatever even vaguely challenging thing Gaga might do in the future or has done in the past. People will always be more critical of and hateful towards Lady Gaga than Katy Perry because of everything shes represented and grudges people hold against her from whatever artificial narratives were created a very long time ago regarding her ego, pretension, stan wars, etc. Katy Perry is a corporate entity that will maneuver and scheme her way to success until she can't anymore and will never be buried in the way theyve tried to bury Gaga and continue to anytime she does anything. ASIB is one wildly successful exception and even so, it still has its cynics.

Archived