Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

Is Katy In A Worse Place Than Gaga Was?

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

ThisGuyTony

In 2013, Gaga reached the lowest peak of her career with ARTPOP. Even tho the album went #1, sold 2 million workldwide and had Applause as a hit, GUY was/is the biggest bomb of her career. :messga:

But she made a comeback. Cheek to Cheek was an amazing album seller, AHS, Joanne, The Super Bowl, and ASIB kept her in the public eye and elevated her to a new peak.:firega:

Wheras Katy, Witness only had one true hit, Chained to the Rhythm. And Bon Appetit and Swish Swish were her biggest flops (thus far). Tho the videos managed to get over 500 million views each.:bradley:

She tried this year with many collabs (365, Con Calma) and even American Idol exposure did not help Never Really Over to be a hit. And now Small Talk is performing worse than any of her other singles. :deadbanana:

Even her videos, which used to get hundreds of millions of views, are barely scrapping 100 million views.:madge:

So is Katy in a worse place commercially than Gaga ever was?:gum:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Taylucifer
7 minutes ago, doppelganger said:

Financially no, she made more money than Gaga even in the successful ASIB era. It is what it is. 

But wasn't that from American Idol mostly, none of her music is doing well commercially.

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW

LateToCult
4 minutes ago, Taylucifer said:

But wasn't that from American Idol mostly, none of her music is doing well commercially.

*Katy Perry Collections has entered the chat* :ladyhaha:

Ally Campana

Not counting C2C singles (obviously since jazz ain’t commercial at all single wise an duh basically no promo) I’d say yes. G.U.Y outpeaked 365 and Small Talk. And though NRO served more longevity, it had the same peak as PI. So I’d say yes. Plus, and this is no shade, Gaga had her vocal talents to back her up with critically acclaimed performances like Sound of Music Tribute and Till It Happens To You while Katy doesn’t.

Does it matter? Damage is done

BornSimon
18 minutes ago, doppelganger said:

Financially no, she made more money than Gaga even in the successful ASIB era. It is what it is. 

That's not what the OP is talking about at all though. It's not like Gaga was suddenly poor in 2013. It's not about the money.

Borislshere

Looking at these stats and then thinking about where I am in my life :bradley:

Can I flop like either of these two? PLeasE? :bradley:

she is doing fine money wise

but her musical career really died, whats even strange is that she does the most safe music ever.

Katy has so many fans she could have a comeback at any time, imo.   She just needs the right song at the right moment.  Given her fanbase, I don't think she's in a worse position.  

I live outside the space time continuum.

Katy doesn’t have the range. She nor the people she surrounds herself with are creative enough to shift her career. She’s one note and has remained at the same speed for most of her career while her contemporaries have sailed passed and left her in the dust. If she doesn’t go through a metamorphosis phase soon, she’s done for.

Gagaism

In terms of money I don’t see differences but in terms of respect and art expressions we don’t need to compare :oops:

edit: I love Katy btw 

migamiga

Katy might be falling into the Xtina lane in terms of music relevancy in the pop world. It's interesting to see what she'll do next cause I really think her next album/era will really define the rest of her legacy.

Gaga on the other is so versatile that once she was "unsuccessful" as a pop artist, she moved onto other genres and acting. Idk if Katy is that ambitious and if she cares to do that but Gaga has sustained herself because of her talent and hard work.

Not really, the name 'Lady Gaga' was almost forgotten around her lowest, she wasn't considered a pop girl at all. I think Katy is holding up well in the pop scene to be honest.

Judas Society

So you mean financial wise? No, I think she is still earning so much more money.

I still think Gaga has like one of the worst lows in a pop star career. People were calling her attention seeking and fake, calling her a has-been who is trying too hard. Critics were tearing ARTPOP apart while attacking her as a person. The GP were seeing her as this demon and laughing monsters who still follows her. You can still see the effects til now where people are still hating on her (though mostly jealous stans now). 

Katy is still viewed like a celebrity by the GP even if they didn't take on her music as well.  

Archived