Order Lana's albums (Best to Least)

Versace

Featured Posts

1. Ultraviolence

2. Lust For Life

3. Honeymoon

4. Paradise

5. Born To Die

I’m not gonna include NFR because I’ve been traveling so much I haven’t had the chance to listen that much to it. 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
seashellplay

Born To Die + Paradise takes the cake. It was really her debut and her sound was so new and unique. Just the era in it's entirety was amazing, it feels like a complete body of work. It tells a more complete story

Lust For Life comes in second. It was an odd, but interesting political album, she experimented with different sounds and I feel the era aged well.  Though it sparked the whole Azalea drama, it really felt like the 'conclusion' and embodied everything she stood for. 

Ultraviolence comes in third. I don't know why people adore this album. It feels like something is missing in it, though it provided so many bops. For me it is harder to differentiate it from Born To Die, and I just didn't dig the whole 'my boyfriend broke my entire rib cage but he still gives me weed and heroin', and that's why locals only really know BTD 

Honeymoon is fourth, despite it's lower ranking it also feels the MOST complete, it feels like the ARTPOP of her work, it's different and a gem, and it DOES feel complete, but it just feels like filler half of the time. 

NFR is last. I appreciate the album but I feel musically and lyrically it has no idea what it wants to be. It literally feels like a joke half of the time, and is so boring. I get Lana was trying to implement and experiment with a whole pop art aesthetic, but I feel like there will be a day where she grows bored of the 'americana 50s baby by boyfriend beats me up but i write poetry to cope' gimmick and NFR really embodied that. 

"I miss Long Beach and I miss you, babe
I miss dancing with you the most of all
I miss the bar where the Beach Boys would go
Dennis's last stop before Kokomo"

I'm just bored of lyrics like this. "My sweet boyfriend wouldn't open my Coke so I beat him with it."  

tomsches

1. Ultraviolence

2. Norman ****ing Rockwell

3. Lust for Life

4. Honeymoon

5. Born to die

Just A Holy Fool

Strictly in terms of my listening preferences:

1. Ultraviolence

2. Born to Die

3. Paradise

4. Lust for Life

5. Honeymoon

TBD Norman F***ing Rockwell

its too early for me to place it, but early bets have it just behind Ultraviolence.

GypsyVida

1. Ultraviolence

2. Norman F**king Rockwell!

3. Paradise

4. Born to Die

5. Honeymoon

6. Lust for Life

Stream COWBOY CARTER

beaublue

1. Born to Die/Paradise

2. Ultraviolence

3. Lust for Life

4. Norman F*cking Rockwell

5. Honeymoon

Only reason Honeymoon is last is because it was released while my life was literally curling the drain & now when I listen to certain songs it brings me back to that horrible place. The song Honeymoon was released before that all happened though & I'm so glad cause it’s one of her best songs & I love listening to it.

alextruper17

1. Ultraviolence

2. Born To Die

3.- Lust for Life

4.- Honeymoon

5.- Norman ****ing Rocking

6.- Paradise

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

Unpopular but oh well...

1. Ultraviolence 

2. Lust For Life 

3. Paradise 

4. Normal ****ing Rockwell

5. Born To Die 

6. Honeymoon 

I love each one tbf, except Honeymoon.

1. Born to Die

2. Norman ****ing Rockwell

3. Honeymoon

4. Paradise 

5. Ultraviolence 

6. Lust for Life

NFR could have been number one if she would have edited out some of the LFL rejects. Also I don't fully get the Ultraviolence stanning, I find myself only listening to 3 or four of those songs now but that can almost be said about a lot of her music sadly. :smh:

imnotyourbabe10

1 - Born to Die/Paradise (akin to the Fame/Fame Mons†er-- really like all the tracks and it is quite cohesive)
2 - Honeymoon (High by the Beach, Art Deco, Freak, Music to Watch Boys To, Salvatore)
3 - NFR (from what I've heard so far...could move up though...Mariners Apartment Complex, The greatest, How to disappear, Doin' Time cover)
4 - Lust for Life (Lust for Life, God Bless America, 13 Beaches...love the rap/trap sounds on it)
5 - Ultraviolence (overall not a big fan...however West Coast and Florida Kilos are gold...maybe need to revisit it)

Archived