opinion

Normani falls to #56

Lighter

Featured Posts

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HoneyB

That’s unfortunate and undeserving but oh well, the GP likes her but not THAT much I guess... 

I really hope she doesn’t turn into a Tinashe she doesn’t deserve that... well, no shade to Tinashe either she’s still talented:ladyhaha:

💋 đ•Šđ•„đ•–đ•Ą 𝕐𝕒 â„‚đ• đ• đ•œđ•šđ•–đ•€ 𝕌𝕡💋đŸȘ

beaublue

Lol it’s what I expected to happen. Y’all hype people up so much when in reality they’re #56 material 😂

Inferno

Motivation is great. It's way better than Havana, however Havana and camila in general had that specifically generic sound that was crafted to get her played on radio and streamed by 14 year olds. Normani is better but whether or not she's enabled to flourish is ultimately up to the industry

Inferno
1 hour ago, Bobbins said:

She offers nothing new. She’s a great dancer but there are a lot of great backup dancers out there. She’s a good singer but not great; her tone is really the only thing going for her. Her lip syncing the VMAs was a massive disappointment. Camila’s Havana showcased her uniqueness not in the tone of her voice but also her artistry. That’s why she’s on top right now.  

Camila is devoid of uniqueness...she's a focus grouped product that happens to write. Havana took off because it utilized the Latino wave, not because it was unique. She is now doing it again with señorita.

KatieJudasGaga4
1 hour ago, Rainbow1 said:

Sitting at the top while faking a relationship with a closeted male singer 

what a role model she is 

Sad how you judge someone just because of the way they act or speak.

JusKeepBreathin

Great performance on MTV awards. Lame song. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Andreu
9 hours ago, emig09 said:

Camila Cabello solo debut single was Crying in the Club. It flopped horrible in the US so Normani is safe... Yet

well to be fair normani has Waves and that joint EP with Calvin Harris which no one knows it existed, even tho I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE slow down

Ryusei

I mean maybe it‘ll be a slow-burn. Sweet but psycho also took an eternity to reach top 10 or look at lizzo. Or she‘ll end up like lauren where she is just releasing power songs but doesnt get anywhere :bradley: 

or it‘s karma from constantly shading camila who just got her 2nd #1 :ally: 

Musery

Aphrodizy26
11 hours ago, LilyLark said:

Yep. this may be petty of me but Lizzo deserves it way more than Normani and Camila. I want to love Normani, but I sort of feel like she has everything but...strong vocals. And Camila's even weaker when it comes to vocals. Lizzo, on the other hand, has the whole package and Truth Hurts is a great bop. Still, justice for Juice and Jerome.

I still want Normani to do well, though, and even Camila.... just want Lizzo to snatch a #1 more than those two.

Miss Normani’s mic wasn’t on. Her lip syncing isn’t believable or good. 
People saying she’s beyonce really got to her. Bey lips but to a live track to still immerse you into her performance. (before anyone tries dragging me very few people get a lip sync pass imo. Beyonce’s vocal agility has GOT to be preserved with all that high intense choreo she does so it only makes sense for her to lip sync, and she’s not lipping to the studio so i’m fine w it tbh)

ALGAYDO
10 hours ago, Alexander Levi said:

It's not even going to be top 20 

Whoah, you can see into the future?!?! Quickly! Read mine next!!

iThinkHeKnows
11 hours ago, JohnWayne92 said:

Afterglow deserved better 

It really did. Afterglow goes OFF during an emotional breakdown! :bon:

iThinkHeKnows

I'm ****ing pissed Daylight could miss the Hot 100. That song is a timeless classic already. It's Nice to Have A Friend can bubble under, I don't mind.

Archived