đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LG6 is waiting because ASIB is still big

AgusPop

Featured Posts

Sugar Baby

yeah its' pretty obvious Shallow is still strong in the charts, if she released something right now it would be blocked and overshadowed by it just like Dark Horse killed the rest of the PRISM singles 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MrHappy

I think it makes more sense to release the new album now than to wait for it to ASIB forgotten. 

If it's still a big event then it could become bigger (not ASIB era I mean Gaga)

Why does the team and herself constantly wait for the old one to pass over to make something new?

Thraumatica

if she just wouldn’t scrap her music like every two months we would have had something months ago.

KatherinePierce
1 hour ago, AJRocketMan said:

The wait for LG7 better not be this long :triggered:

She released soundtrack last october. So ıt’s not even a year that you are waiting for

I find it funny that some people still thought Gaga was overexposed after having her first solid hit single and album since 2013 as well as a successful awards season. That’s not overexposure dolls, that’s just a successful era :air: 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

AJRocketMan
3 hours ago, KatherinePierce said:

She released soundtrack last october. So ıt’s not even a year that you are waiting for

Yeah, so? That’s not a real Gaga album. It’s music from her, but not of her per se. And it’s obvious LG6 is coming in 2020 (possibly 3.5 years after Joanne). What I mean by shorter wait is like 2 years instead of 3.5. Also, I’d like for her to record it in a quicker amount of time than her previous albums (about 4-6 months) and release it as soon as it is done.

HumanBeing
4 hours ago, AJRocketMan said:

The wait for LG7 better not be this long :triggered:

Easy. There has to be a rumor that she is pregnant again. Then she'll say she is pregnant with LG7 and then she has to give birth to it in 9 months. 🤷‍♂️

Edonis
4 hours ago, Sugar Baby said:

yeah its' pretty obvious Shallow is still strong in the charts, if she released something right now it would be blocked and overshadowed by it just like Dark Horse killed the rest of the PRISM singles 

Shallow left the BB charts though already. Unless you mean internationally or on Spotify? :oprah:

Anyways, I think it's a combination of things. Grammy's Deadline, planning the creative direction, and still working on the record mostly 

LilyLark
55 minutes ago, Edonis said:

Shallow left the BB charts though already. Unless you mean internationally or on Spotify? :oprah:

Anyways, I think it's a combination of things. Grammy's Deadline, planning the creative direction, and still working on the record mostly 

I think it's probably a combo of the lingering ASIB success and the Grammy deadline tbh. At the end of the day, Interscope still plays a major role in her release date and they want sales and grammy noms for their artists.

If she puts LG6 out now, it will split the vote for her between it and ASIB and she'll probably get no nominations—and the Grammys expanded the AOTY field this year to 8 or 10 albums so there's a very good chance she'll get a nom for ASIB in that category. So I could see Interscope wanting her to release after the date, especially as Grammys often give an extra boost to sales and neither LG6 nor ASIB will benefit if they cancel each other out.

I just don't get why some fans are convinced it won't come until 2020. Gaga was working on BTW up until three weeks before its release, we know she's been working on LG6 for a while, and there was the Polydor thing which had a 2019 TBD date. Also don't understand why people act like Gaga never puts out music or is insanely slow—she put out the soundtrack just last year, she's been famous for roughly the same amount of time as Katy and yet she's put out two more albums than Katy (well, fans don't count C2C and ASIB for some reason), and she puts out albums quicker than Rihanna, Adele, and Beyonce over the past six years or so.

Edonis
1 hour ago, LilyLark said:

I think it's probably a combo of the lingering ASIB success and the Grammy deadline tbh. At the end of the day, Interscope still plays a major role in her release date and they want sales and grammy noms for their artists.

If she puts LG6 out now, it will split the vote for her between it and ASIB and she'll probably get no nominations—and the Grammys expanded the AOTY field this year to 8 or 10 albums so there's a very good chance she'll get a nom for ASIB in that category. So I could see Interscope wanting her to release after the date, especially as Grammys often give an extra boost to sales and neither LG6 nor ASIB will benefit if they cancel each other out.

I just don't get why some fans are convinced it won't come until 2020. Gaga was working on BTW up until three weeks before its release, we know she's been working on LG6 for a while, and there was the Polydor thing which had a 2019 TBD date. Also don't understand why people act like Gaga never puts out music or is insanely slow—she put out the soundtrack just last year, she's been famous for roughly the same amount of time as Katy and yet she's put out two more albums than Katy (well, fans don't count C2C and ASIB for some reason), and she puts out albums quicker than Rihanna, Adele, and Beyonce over the past six years or so.

I agree about the Grammy's; I definitely think the deadline is playing a role in things. especially if the sound of her next solo project is drastically different from the ASIB soundtrack (which it may very well be). Confusion among voters and split votes is something Interscope probably wants to avoid, so I could definitely see them asking her to at least hold out on the album until after the deadline. Singles is a different story, but I'll bet she's holding out on that too.

I don't know why everyone thinks if something doesn't come in the next few weeks that it's never happening though. I joke about a 2020 release date sometimes, but it's not impossible for her to release an album in October or November, even with Enigma and everything else. If there's enough momentum from the public and the songs become hits without performances and aggressive pushing, then that's all the better for gaga and her schedule.

IDK, I understand the desire to hear solo music from her, especially from some fans that are excited about the possible electronic direction that she may be going in, but I do think a lot of people are overreacting with the "it's never coming, at least not this year" talk.

This logic does not make much sense. Two albums can co exist especially when ASIB isn't pulling in enormous numbers anymore. It's doing what a lot of albums do before the next record comes by other artists. It wont overshine LG6 at this point. In fact it wouldnt have outshined it even if LG6 came during early summer. 

LilyLark
5 hours ago, dit said:

This logic does not make much sense. Two albums can co exist especially when ASIB isn't pulling in enormous numbers anymore. It's doing what a lot of albums do before the next record comes by other artists. It wont overshine LG6 at this point. In fact it wouldnt have outshined it even if LG6 came during early summer. 

Interscope's final line is $$$$, tho. Grammys are known to give a sales boost to artists and ASIB and LG6 would probably cancel each other out and Gaga could walk away with zero grammy noms. So Interscope probably wants to avoid a potential situation in which they not only lose out on prestige from Gaga not getting any nominations, but also avoid a situation where they lose out on $$$.

If she wanted to release to capitalize on the ASIB wave in March/April and risk the Grammy situation, it would have made some sense. But at this point...why release now when the Grammy  deadline (which was pushed up) passes next week? Also, ARTPOP, C2C, ASIB (granted, it was because of the movie), and Joanne all had September/October/November release dates....

Bradley

I feel like they wanna roll out the LG6 campaign after the Grammy deadline so that they could use the LG6 attention to remind people of A Star Is Born's existence.

If she releases anything before the Grammy deadline, LG6 is going to compete with A Star Is Born and we all know how powerful ASIB is. LG6 needs time to grow, with a tour, music videos, performances and public support, it takes time.

It's best to separate those two albums into two Grammy eligibility periods.

Archived