💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

An Analysis of Normani’s potential by a Youtuber

HoneyB

Featured Posts

HoneyB

I know this video is long but if y’all take the time to watch it I think she made several points:giveup:

basically to summarize, she discusses that the current landscape of pop culture and music  is very dry and very boring. She talks about Normani having potential she needs to improve her music and artistic vision. She believes that Normani needs to be POP, not RnB. We need a melanin pop queen in this day and age! She also brings up the Beyoncé comparisons and why they shouldn’t be taken so seriously. I just thought it was an interesting video, plus she’s funny! :)

What are your thoughts on Normani and the current scape of pop music and pop culture? We are long past having new Gaga’s, Rihanna’s, or Beyoncé’s. But I think Normani has the potential she just needs the PUSH. She needs to push herself more but her solo career just started so we’ll have to see.

Also shout out to Ariana and Billie who are the few gorls who keep pop music alive and interesting:giveup:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

Shes a great dancer, but that does not make you a super star. She lacks all the other things which she needs to work on. Usually you see the potential from the beginning but I dont see it here. She can easily end up having a career like Tinashe or Ciara if she does not work on herself.

Why is she touring the world with Ariana when she needs to work on her first solo album and find her voice?

FfFfFfFF

I personally don't see her appeal. I don't think she has any artistic vision or something to express. 

I do think Camila was the real star of the group. 

BBhomemaker

I think Normani have a lot of potential too 

but i think we shouldn't put so much pressure on her, a lot of black women have a lot of pressure and immediately compared to Bey or Rih, its not a bad thing but she needs to be herself and not care about how they wants her to be (aka not like what they did to Tinashe), and i think one of the most important step she gonna need to make is to stand out as Normani and not bey2.0 or The ex-4th harmony. Pressuring her as Bey would only make expectations go high (like ava max on here with gaga comparison that leaded to huge disappointments) She is amazing as Normani herself and should keep it that way !

There is places for everyone and beehive and navi are really supporting her, i didn't saw any bad comments on her, she have talents for sure she's a great dancer and i hope that she will continue 

now about the music, I personally prefer her rnb songs, Waves was amazing it was so good, and Love lies showed how talented she is. 

Her pop songs on the another side ..umm i really didn't liked at all her Calvin Harris collaborations (more cause of the production than her vocals) it didn't felt true in my ears, and the last single, well it was more upbeat for sure but didn't do anything to me really, im still waiting for her personality to really show off, im looking forwards her and hope she can make it through ! 

PunkTheFunk

She's clearly very talented but she's missing that hunger and drive  to be a star, in my opinion. Maybe it has to do with the fact that she came up through a TV talent show and fast tracked her way to stardom. She didn't have to hustle in grimy NY clubs like Gaga or run laps in heels like Beyonce. I'm not saying that takes away from her talent in any way or makes her career any less valid -- it just means she lacks the 'oomph' factor that comes from paying your dues in the industry. 

HoneyB
5 minutes ago, BBhomemaker said:

I think Normani have a lot of potential too 

but i think we shouldn't put so much pressure on her, a lot of black women have a lot of pressure and immediately compared to Bey or Rih, its not a bad thing but she needs to be herself and not care about how they wants her to be (aka not like what they did to Tinashe), and i think one of the most important step she gonna need to make is to stand out as Normani and not bey2.0 or The ex-4th harmony. Pressuring her as Bey would only make expectations go high (like ava max on here with gaga comparison that leaded to huge disappointments) She is amazing as Normani herself and should keep it that way !

There is places for everyone and beehive and navi are really supporting her, i didn't saw any bad comments on her, she have talents for sure she's a great dancer and i hope that she will continue 

now about the music, I personally prefer her rnb songs, Waves was amazing it was so good, and Love lies showed how talented she is. 

Her pop songs on the another side ..umm i really didn't liked at all her Calvin Harris collaborations (more cause of the production than her vocals) it didn't felt true in my ears, and the last single, well it was more upbeat for sure but didn't do anything to me really, im still waiting for her personality to really show off, im looking forwards her and hope she can make it through ! 

I agree, the Beyoncé comparisons are to be expected and it’s too early in her career of course to put any pressure on her. After watching Motivation, the potential I saw for her really grew and it’s been a while since I’ve seen any upcoming artist serve the qualitea she has. I want her to be successful so badly this would mean so much to see a dark skin girl doing the damn thing!

Dancing and Performing is on point but her music is what I’m divided about. If she continues to make pop hops like Motivation then eh, I mean ok. It’s hard to put her in just one box her fans are divided on whether she should continue the pop or RnB route. Waves was cute but those types of songs aren’t really gonna push her career/brand imo. We need a new artist who can really bring the wow factor that made pop culture so amazing! I agree, she needs to bring her personality out more because we don’t realllyyy know her yet. I see the potential though I really hope she doesn’t get tossed aside like Tinashe:giveup:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

River

She'll be like Amerie, 1-2 hits and then gone

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

BBhomemaker
15 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

Shes a great dancer, but that does not make you a super star. She lacks all the other things which she needs to work on. Usually you see the potential from the beginning but I dont see it here. She can easily end up having a career like Tinashe or Ciara if she does not work on herself.

My biggest criticism is why is she touring the world with Ariana at the same time working on her first solo project?

It's really true

Ciara and Tinashe were always compared and had too much difficulties to stand out, Ciara had so hard time to comeback after 2009 and to redefined her sounds and Tinashe well... we know what happened 

same thing can happens to Normani if she don't find her direction, SZA found it and made it through with some support from the hiphop and rnb community and is part of the new rnb wave such as Ella Mai, both played it more chill but get success, it seems like Normani still search for her sound, if she wants to make pop/rnb she gonna have a lot of difficulties but can make it if she show off way more personality.... but girl needs to do it quickly the hype ain't gonna last long !! and ftm i didn't heard anything that can start It

HoneyB
1 minute ago, Anastasios said:

this girl is so entertaining while she's screaming at me 25 min long :laughga:

I highly recommend her videos she’s really intelligent and funny she drags people all the time:ladyhaha:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

xoxo Craig

She is an amazing dancer, your faves wish they could dance like her. 

But musically, its very mediocre...  Dancing With A stranger was good, but motivation is just meh

End Racism Now

3 minutes ago, Talenti said:

I highly recommend her videos she’s really intelligent and funny she drags people all the time:ladyhaha:

Shes one of the most annoying youtube commentators ive ever seen.  

Nightwing

She absolutely has the potential, I just don't think she has the artistic vision to achieve superstardom.

Nothing about her really stands out. Sure, she's talented. But I don't see her being at the forefront of any artistic statement or movement.

I can see her having a more successful career than Tinashe, for example, but not much more than that. That's unless she really becomes ambitious, elevates her artistry and works her ass off. "Motivation" is a good song, but it's not great.

I really am rooting for, but I must be realistic about the situation.

geopang

There really is no potential. Her voice was the most mediocre out of the 5. She’s pretty though.

Archived