Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is it True that Britney Spears Wanted Femme Fatale to be an R&B album?

27monster27

Featured Posts

Economy
5 hours ago, Illuminati said:

I sincerely don't think she has any say in the recording process.

I feel like she doesn't get a say on anything

The abuse and exploitation Britney gets is beyond belief :saladga:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MonsterofFame
40 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

Now I did also read that this allegedly made Britney sad, could this be a reason for why she has so few writing credits on the album?

The reason for that is because Dr. Luke had 90% of the album written for her before she even walked in the studio. There's demos of almost every song off Femme Fatale being sung by a songwriter/demo singer. The entire album went from start to finish in like 3 months.

MonsterofFame

As for the OP, here's the story: Before Dr. Luke was chosen to be the executive producer of Femme Fatale, Britney was seen working with Danja, Bloodshy & Avant, and other people who worked on Blackout. Britney and the producers teased fans on Twitter with photos and little pieces of information hinting that they were working on Blackout 2.0.

When the record label got involved, they picked Dr. Luke and all the demos Britney worked on were never to be seen again. I believe a few of the producers expressed their frustration in having their work totally scrapped when Britney wanted it.

FfFfFfFF

Just like how Britney Jean was supposed to be her most personal album. :triggered:

She does have a say in the way albums sound but not with everyone of them.. and this one is one of her most manufactured so I don't know.

Lucas
4 hours ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

Does she even get writing credits? XD

Her producers said she doesn't care about getting writing credits  :sweat:

27monster27
7 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Just like how Britney Jean was supposed to be her most personal album. :triggered:

She does have a say in the way albums sound but not with everyone of them.. and this one is one of her most manufactured so I don't know.

I remember reading that she actually walked out of some Britney Jean recording sessions in frustration. Might be why she doesn't sing on some songs, because she didn't want to be there to do it for songs that she didn't get her say in.

he/him/his

27monster27
10 hours ago, MonsterofFame said:

As for the OP, here's the story: Before Dr. Luke was chosen to be the executive producer of Femme Fatale, Britney was seen working with Danja, Bloodshy & Avant, and other people who worked on Blackout. Britney and the producers teased fans on Twitter with photos and little pieces of information hinting that they were working on Blackout 2.0.

When the record label got involved, they picked Dr. Luke and all the demos Britney worked on were never to be seen again. I believe a few of the producers expressed their frustration in having their work totally scrapped when Britney wanted it.

This happened again with Britney Jean, she teased that a new album would sound like Blackout in November/December 2012, but then executive production was handed over to will.i.am.

he/him/his

GlitterAndGrease

Some years ago, a number of demos from the original Femme Fatale concept surfaced

I wanna Go, Up N Down and Criminal were recorded in 2009 in Sweden along with 3 for the singles collection but they ended up on the Femme Fatale album.

Glory is the only post breakdown album that actually turned out to be what Britney wanted (yet the original concept of songs like pretty girls was scrapped because it flopped and Britney wasn't at all happy with the concept. Liar is the only song from the early sessions that made it on the album)

AmericanxDream

Maybe she did, but it's sad that she didn't get her way. Tbh I don't think she has a passion for music anymore after Blackout.

• 2 weeks later...
Inferno
On 8/21/2019 at 3:26 PM, Widows Kiss said:

I definitely recall reading rumors that FF was not supposed to sound the way it does until Dr Luke made Britney do her Kesha impression.

On 8/21/2019 at 5:50 PM, Animal Claws said:

Femme Fatale was supposed to be a Rock album with midtempo ballads

That was Britney's idea but Jive Records cancelled that cause they wanted to make a comercial album, so Femme Fatale turned an Electropop and Pop album

Don't Keep Me Waiting and He About To Lose Me is one of the songs that was used for the original album's concept

Britney has this penchant for electro-"rock" type bubblegum pop. You can always tell when its a "Britney" track based on the sound for example: Don't Keep Me Waiting, How I Roll, Rock Boy, Do Somethin', Brave New Girl, Heaven On Earth.....these are all tracks that often get buried as deep cuts or pushed onto deluxe versions, but clearly if it were up to her we would get an album solely with those vibes. Some are better than others lol

I wouldn't go as far as to say Femme Fatale was wildly different than how she would've wanted it. I truly think thats a fan fabrication. The army has always created this narrative and reaches to the depths with it that Femme Fatale is like purely anti-britney, all producer made. but in actuality......so was Blackout.....and ive always found it to be like Blackouts bubblegum sister. An album of wall to wall bangers where the producers completely took the reigns for creative direction and made something using the britney brand that elevated her own sound at the time. what blackout did with grimy club vibes within the britney brand, femme fatale its edm counterpart that brought that britney grime into the gay neon lights of an ibiza rave. and as with blackout, it worked wonders and we still got that signature britney flare on tracks like how i roll and don't keep me waiting honestly. as opposed to like.....again...britney jean. or even circus that was blackout leftovers and an album/tour created solely for her to prove she was responsible to have custody of her kids again like....it wasn't exactly a personal record filled with her own taste either.

in all honesty, the only Britney Spears releases that are truly Britney Spears stamped are In the Zone and the Chaotic EP. Those were the closest tastes weve gotten to what a pure Britney release would sound like.

• 5 months later...
BabyMario44
On 8/22/2019 at 12:26 AM, Widows Kiss said:

I definitely recall reading rumors that FF was not supposed to sound the way it does until Dr Luke made Britney do her Kesha impression.

It was more like a Kylie Minogue impression.  But Dr Luke did a good job with Britney (except for a few tracks like How I Roll, Big Fat Bass, Criminal, Trip To Your Heart and Dont Keep Me Waiting which are total fillers), but lets be honest Femme Fatale was dated as hell and they pushed it as Blackout 2. It was excellent for a trend hopper, but its good. But yea, she wanted it a R&B/urban album (songs like Unbroken and Player etc. are prime exemples). And she was 100% controlled in that era saddly.

I STAN FOR TALENT

Archived