💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Billboard: LG's 2009 Performance Breakout Moment

G U C C I

Featured Posts

G U C C I

Lady Gaga's 2009 VMA Performance Highlights

Her crowning achievement of the evening, however, was not an award or nomination, but her performance. Gaga had already made a name for herself as an eccentric, creative performance artist through her high-concept music videos -- though the world still had yet to see soon-to-be-legendary live moments as the infamous meat dress at the following VMAs, her egg-pod entrance to the 2011 Grammys, or that time she had a performer vomit on her at SXSW in 2014. No one could've been totally prepared. 

Now, 10 years following what is widely considered to be one of Gaga's greatest performances to date, MTV re-released the official footage of the performance -- long only available via bootleg -- on YouTube. Fans everywhere cheered online as they saw clean, clear footage of their Mother Monster properly introducing herself to the world. And ten years later, it's still just as shocking to watch.

"Paparazzi" set up Gaga to serve as the VMAs' ruling star for the next half-decade, and it's not hard to see why. Audiences may not have ben prepared for it back in 2009, but one decade later, let’s call out Gaga’s twisted, strange performance for exactly what it was — an underappreciated performance art masterpiece, and one that proved that for better or worse, she was indeed ready for those flashing lights. 

Love this article on Billboard that goes in depth on her performance! It really was the moment that deserved all the attention. To bad it had to happen on the same show as Kanye making a jackass out of himself.

omg is there an HD version on YouTube now? time to watch 100 times

FfFfFfFF

This kind of impact is what validates artists. :applause: Having a vision and creating a cultural shift > having easily digestible radio hits that attract attention and make you sell.

Lanadelduck

I remember having this on my DVR and I would watch it over and over and over again like a psycho

47 minutes ago, neptugne said:

omg is there an HD version on YouTube now? time to watch 100 times

It's really not that HD. The video is cropped, they edited out the gasps of the audience at the end. Although I did like how they showed the blood in Gaga's eye in the final shot, which they used to edit out too

ltlmnstr
2 minutes ago, RudzXinc said:

This Gaga, I wonder where did she go? :oprah:

For years, I’ve blamed ungrateful fans and a media fueled by having fun of destroying careers. ARTPOP’s reception and the “we hate lady gaga now she’s a flop” 2013 memes is what ultimately made her rethink her whole career.

ltlmnstr
20 minutes ago, Rio said:

It's really not that HD. The video is cropped, they edited out the gasps of the audience at the end. Although I did like how they showed the blood in Gaga's eye in the final shot, which they used to edit out too

There was a video floating around tumblr years ago of audience footage filmed in the theater and the gasps made it so fun to watch. 

CannaeDrive
3 hours ago, LVbuttondown said:

her egg-pod entrance to the 2011 Grammys

It's a VESSEL ffs :triggered:

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

That was a nice read.

One thing I think is worth mentioning is that the blood part is not the only reason why this is great. Yes its shocking and unique, but the true greatness is how she captured the theme of the song on that stage. From the instrumental/arrangement, the mood, the lights, the dancing, the outfits, it all fit the theme of the song to a tee. And of course her killer live vocals is icing on the cake.

TittyGlitterDance
3 hours ago, ltlmnstr said:

There was a video floating around tumblr years ago of audience footage filmed in the theater and the gasps made it so fun to watch. 

Yeah! Also interesting to hear her original, unaltered live vocals, specifically the part where she starts bleeding. 

Find solace in the privilege to pursue, Most people are crushed into servitude

15 hours ago, ltlmnstr said:

Can we make this our goal to find this đŸ˜±đŸ˜±đŸ˜± I'll pay money to see it oh my GAWD!

Anyone?

Archived