Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
music news

Lover approaching 1m pre-order

TheCureinMalibu

Featured Posts

Thomas P
3 hours ago, swakby said:

Sorry for the fake news :interestinga: I remember 2m being some sort of a number related to reputation, but it should be something else. 

That was the overall first week sales world wide after the first week finished. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GagaUnderYou

How does Taylor even pull this off? Her music is very medicore :awkney:

Gaga deserves this much hype for LG6.  

Saint Gaga
15 hours ago, Britney Jean1 said:

taylor fans are the worst type of gays on earth!

Most of the Taylor fans are girls.Gays only jumped on the bandwagon after 1989.Thank god atleast those fan girls wont jump ship,just like gays abandoned Britney:spin:

Saint Gaga
8 minutes ago, GagaUnderYou said:

Gaga deserves this much hype for LG6.  

Taylor's last 2 albums 1989 & Reputation are>Gaga's last 2, aka Joanne & ARTPOP(though I love it).

Mana Mahad
2 hours ago, GagaUnderYou said:

No it isnt Reputation 1989 Speak now Red >>>>>>>>>>>>> Joanne

GagaUnderYou
1 minute ago, Mana Mahad said:

No it isnt Reputation 1989 Speak now Red >>>>>>>>>>>>> Joanne

Never asked for a ranking thank u next 

Spock
13 minutes ago, TheCureinMalibu said:

3 version of Lover is sold-out on Target ! 

The album is also SOLD OUT on iTunes and Apple Music, first time ever it happens!

who will love me when the night is over

TheCureinMalibu
Just now, Spock said:

The album is also SOLD OUT on iTunes and Apple Music, first time ever it happens!

TALENT 

TheCureinMalibu
Just now, Spock said:

TALENT 

djBuffoon

Four singles, and none of them have impressed me. That's never been my experience with a Taylor album...

Then again, most of my favorite songs from Reputation didn't become singles until after the release, if at all.

Britney Jean1
3 hours ago, Saint Gaga said:

Most of the Taylor fans are girls.Gays only jumped on the bandwagon after 1989.Thank god atleast those fan girls wont jump ship,just like gays abandoned Britney:spin:

I don't see how gays abandoned britney when they gave he the Glaad award last year LOL! but i've seen them abandoned Gaga when she gave them Joanne in 2016. Or she is the one who abandoned them when she start working on jazz and country instead of pop? OH how shady is Mother Monster

Slim

StrawberryBlond
20 hours ago, Spock said:

“If it doesn’t smash at the level she’s at, she’s in big trouble” lol

the HDD predictions show that it’s going to be a smash. Is it going to be a 1989 level smash? No. But one is pulling that kind of pure sales anymore, and it’s probably going to be the biggest opening week for an album since Reputation. And we all know the singles would have gone #1 if it weren’t for that meme song.

Everyone has been saying she’s in “big trouble” since 2008. Speak Now was going to be an unrecoverable slump from Fearless. Red was too much of a mixed bag, and Speak Now showed people weren’t interested in her music. No one was going to be here for full-on pop Taylor with 1989. Kim “ended” her, she was too overexposed and the Reputation tour was going to be a massive flop. 

And she proved you heifers wrong every single time. The only people expecting a smASHA!1!!1!11! are haters who want to hide behind her not opening with 1M sales as an excuse  drag, conveniently forgetting that in 2019 it’s not so simple anymore and a million other metrics are used to measure success. 

So don’t forget to stream Lover on all streaming platforms on August 23rd and seethe!

It's not really the point. Music's biggest names should have no problem with pure sales. That's why they're big names. When your last 4 albums have sold over 1 million in their debut week in the US, that's an incredible bar and anything less signifies a big problem. It's true that the higher you climb, the harder you fall. Taylor's finally hit that wall. She couldn't go on having this kind of success forever and there was already signs of massive decay with Reputation when the only big hit was the lead single. She can't keep proving us wrong every single time. Every big name has to have an inevitable downfall, usually after the first decade of their career. I think her fans having this arrogant view of her as always being successful is what has finally done her in. The public have grown tired of their attitude and tired of her addiction to drama and having a big scandal every time she's got an album to promote. I thought Gaga fans would know better than to say that an artist is going to be successful forever. We've seen first hand how fickle they can be.

19 hours ago, Alan123 said:

I think this is what happens to most popstars. It happened to Katy and now it’s happening to Taylor. Some fans grow up and move on to other artists, some remain there and support her and she makes new fans but streaming really has taken over sales now. 

But Taylor's young fanbase shouldn't have a  problem with streaming. But I do agree that her fans have moved on to other, younger artists like Ariana, Billie, even Halsey. It's the curse of being about to hit your 30's, lots of popstars have a troublesome era at this time. Now that she's about to turn 30, this is going to be the true test to see how long she can last.

13 hours ago, Thomas P said:

This is from preorders. 

Shes good.

The album will debut with the biggest numbers since her last album. 

I see no flop. 

I know it's pre-orders but her superfans are just that, they're very dedicated when it comes to pre-orders. But if she doesn't have the public on her side, those numbers are going to stall fast. And it's 1m from pre-orders on a world scale. She used to have 1m pre-orders from America alone. How is this not a downfall?

Thomas P
4 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

know it's pre-orders but her superfans are just that, they're very dedicated when it comes to pre-orders. But if she doesn't have the public on her side, those numbers are going to stall fast. And it's 1m from pre-orders on a world scale. She used to have 1m pre-orders from America alone. How is this not a downfall?

Rep only had like 800k preorders worldwide from what I remember. 

This really doesn’t mean anything other than that the album is gonna make huge numbers. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Archived