410 members have voted

1. 1. ???

Featured Posts

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Inferno
1 hour ago, Mitchey said:

I’ll give it to you that ARTPOP May be more sonically cohesive... but thematically? You yourself named 5 different themes, not mentioning the title tracks theme or Donatella’s. In what world is that cohesive? Minus a handful of songs, Joanne is about LOSS and ACCEPTANCE. There are also sexual themes (as there are in every Gaga album) with John Wayne, A-yo, Dancing in Circles. 

Yeah but multiple themes can be present on one album and still be cohesive, which is why I highlighted the importance of sequencing. ARTPOP has sections like acts of a play that bleed into one another and end with Applause. Im explaining it horribly because I (a) have to pee and head out but i wanted to respond and (b) user @Didymus wrote quite a read regarding the whole story arc of ARTPOP as an album thematically. It is a concept record afterall. Even if not everyone loved everything about the end result lol

MonsterDad
18 minutes ago, MonsterMom said:

sad stephen colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

:cryga:

Even though I will admit I stan her too! She is awesome :tony:

And I Oop Whatcha Say GIF by swerk

She's married to me but her heart belongs to Gaga

S0436

It’s difficult to say because it doesn’t sit that well with her other albums.  So I would say ASIB vs Joanne (Joanne is worse) and TF/M vs BTW vs ARTPOP  (ARTPOP is worse)

brucee
23 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

We should have a rule against misspelling "Gaga" because everytime I see "GaGa" its triggering :triggered:

we should have a rule about stop using superlatives like best or worst... it's subjective and judgmental. 

hello hello baby.

OMonster

It's hard to call it Gaga's 'worst' album because it's so great, and so different to anything else she has ever released. 

I think TF/TFM/BTW/AP sit in one category, and Joanne sits alone as a transition point into hopefully a new group of albums that will lock into together nicely again. 

So, it is my 'least favourite' Gaga album. But it's still one of my favourite albums, and I think it's really special. To be objective about it, TF/TFM/BTW were transformational albums and AP is Gaga's most 'Gaga' record to date.

And for that reason, it's kind of not fair to compare Joanne to any previous output.

It's difficult because of it's difference. It's more an anomaly that a 'worst'. 

subtext / fantasy

Married the Night

Born this way is her worst album. There are 10 great songs. Even some masterpieces. The rest of the songs drag the album down. It does TFM > ARTPOP > TF > Joanne > BTW

Vergil

Yes it’s her worst. ARTPOP wasn’t a really good album either but if you take the good songs you can make a cute EP. not the same can be said about Joanne.

sillynate
2 hours ago, Rio said:

Bollywood dance 😂😂😂 oh pleeease! Jazz pop???? Bisshhh where?

There's variety in the album yes but none of those

Dancin in Circles & Come To Mama say hi :flower:

15 hours ago, sillynate said:

Dancin in Circles & Come To Mama say hi :flower:

Dancin In Circles having a sitar in the background does NOT make it bollywood dance 😂 listen to bollywood dance on youtube and tell me the songs like DIC. And as for Come to Mama, it's not jazz pop. There's nothing jazz or traditional pop about. It sounds like a Springsteen song, it's very 1970s rock n roll in sound. Swear monsters just trying to bloat out the genre lists on Gaga's work to make the album seem more varied than it really is. 

Not really, I mean it has it's downs (MR), but it's a solid and timeless record in her catalog. I'd say TFM contains songs that have aged badly and are unlistenable in 2019 (aside from Telephone & Alejandro).

I won't vote since every album is completely different in terms of style so they are the best on their own style :hor::hor::hor::hor::hor::hor::hor::hor::hor::hor: 

:lolly:

I do love Joanne and I don't have to give you million reasons to appreciate it lol :huntyga:

Archived