Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lemonade or Self Titled?

HoneyB

Lemonade or Self Titled?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Lemonade or Self Titled?

Featured Posts

Lemonade came at such a pivotal time, so has to be that one for me! Ugh her mind 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whore
3 hours ago, Talenti said:

As a song Forward does sound like a filler but however I still think it’s important. It refers to her finally being able to move forward from Mr. Carter’s cheating. Also during the film, Forward is played and shows the black mothers/wives who now don’t have a son/husband due to police brutality which I find pretty powerful which made me like Forward:huntyga: 

I agree with Daddy Lessons, with 6 inch you feel like a baddie/heaux then BOOM, it’s YEE YEE TIME:ladyhaha:

Lemonade is definitely something you have to listen through entirely while songs from Self Titled could stand alone imo. Both are excellent tho!:vegas: 

But that’s the thing, Lemonade is only good in the context of the film. It hardly stands alone as a strong album, but with the film I love it

Nightwing

Overall, Lemonade. I used to think Self-Titled, but I find the midsection to be rather dull.

I love that Self-Titled opened up a new era in her artistry, and I respect that album for that.

I just find Lemonade to be slightly more enjoyable.

Luke78619

Ngl I’ve not really been too interested in either but I voted Lemonade just because is served us with All Night, Which remains my favourite Bey song :nick:

sorry, hold up and formation are bops too though 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Inferno

Self-titled

Like Lemonade was an event when it came out. I appreciated the film angle to its release and the overall aesthetic of the era. BUT, idk....self-titled had music that I return to. I like to listen to several tracks from it. Whereas, Lemonade just.....its good, I just don't return to the music like, ever. aside from formation or sorry when im going for a run. for me, self-titled has replay value. I think what made Lemonade so great was how ambitious and artful it was overall. the music to me was just a sidebar.

Both are great albums but I prefer Lemonade.

Mrs. Caca's career found dead in a ditch, re-evaluation process started.

Archived