1989 is a pop masterpiece to me :lolly:

Reputation is excellent as well though!

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ryusei
2 minutes ago, DiamondKing said:

I don't know that one :selena: I never felt like listening to Taylor's country songs, the only one I like is Red :laughga: I really hope the album has more songs like You Need to Calm Down, that is my fav as of now. Lover and The Archer are cute but not my style as I feel like they're more old Taylor :selena:

It's more rock than country lol also the live version is even better 

Musery

DiamondKing
8 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

My problem with Reputation was it felt like a forced thing. A forced girl with a bad attituded to try be a rebel. Imo, it came off as corny. Then you had the whole KimK thing...

It just didn't feel authentic at all. I hated LWYMMD with constant repetitiveness and the "oh... the old taylor is dead" like it was just very very cringeworthy

I get your point. I just don't take those songs as serious and I focus more on melody and instruments than on lyrics :laughga: and most of reputation doesn't portray that rebel image, the only songs are End Game, I Did Something Bad and LWYMMD

Chromatica

I actually just came up with my ranking last night so I’ll post it here. I put way too much thought into this. :saladga:

Speak Now > Fearless > Reputation > RED > Taylor Swift > 1989 >>>>>>LOVER

I really hope Lover moves up on this list. I have hope that it will. But all the songs so far are not for me.

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, Captain Templea said:

I actually just came up with my ranking last night so I’ll post it here. I put way too much thought into this. :saladga:

Speak Now > Fearless > Reputation > RED > Taylor Swift > 1989 >>>>>>LOVER

I really hope Lover moves up on this list. I have hope that it will. But all the songs so far are not for me.

So you prefer yee-haw Taylor? 

End Racism Now

RickMonster98

1989 of course. 5 years later it still sounds good. Reputation is a good album, it had great tunes but it lacked of amazing songs (only Getaway Car tbh)

Chromatica
1 minute ago, xoxo Craig said:

So you prefer yee-haw Taylor? 

Yeah, basically. 

Her music really spoke to me back during the Speak Now era specifically. She was the first person I was ever a fan of, so the early albums definitely have a lot of sentimental value. 

I don’t think I dislike 1989 and Lover because they’re pop, as I love pop music. I just didn’t like most of the songs. Obviously Wildest Dreams, New Romantics, and Style are god tier. But the rest did nothing for me.

nodandsmile

1989 has Blank Space, Out Of The Woods, Clean, Style, and You Are In Love ... so that one 

A bit off topic but Red >>>>>>>>>> I kinda miss country Taylor!

gumzy3000

Overall, I liked pretty much every song in Reputation. 

For 1989 though, I didn't like a few songs but I LOVED the other ones.

So really, I am not sure. Blank Space, Style, Wildest Dreams, You Are In Love, This Love, New Romantics, Welcome to New York, Bad Blood (with Kendrick) and Out of the Woods are better than all of Reputation. 

trolly troll troll

gabeoz

Reputation. Its in like my top 3 albums of all time :saladga:

Monster7
15 minutes ago, SimplyTheBest said:

A bit off topic but Red >>>>>>>>>> I kinda miss country Taylor!

Yes!

1. Red

2. Speak now

3. 1989

4. Reputation

5. Fearless

6. Selftitled

Davian

Reputation made me love her and it’s still my fave:sara:

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

Thomas P

The songs I love on rep I love more than the ones on 1989 but the latter is a better body of work as a whole I think. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Archived