Stefani Tee
economy

US On Brink Of Recession

Featured Posts

Economy

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/world/1165550/US-recession-US-economy-donald-trump-news-treasury-yield-curve-inversion/amp

Treasuries are rallying and stocks plunged and the inverted yield curve rose to the highest level since 2007 and investors are increasingly nervous about a coming recession

The rate cut by the Federal Reserve also suggests they are nervous about growth prospects

Many other statistics are showing an increasing chance of a recession over next few months and an inverted yield curve has successfully predicted every past recession with the exception of 1966

• Like 2
  • Shook 6

Miel

Fair.

I think quite a bit of us have seen it coming, but still. Whew.

3 points in and ready for more
  • Like 2

Lilmonzter

This is the norm! Bush fu*ked things up! Obama fixed it! Before that Clinton gave Bush a healthy treasury But Trump is following suit! 

Well from a five time bankrupt business owner can easily wreak a country! This is nothing! Make him join the IMF that'd be a challenge for that orange gasbag 

Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi
  • Like 3

DeIusional

step bro?!? what are you doing to our country?!?

trump: I’m f*cking it in the *ss!sexy donald trump GIF by Bubble Punk

give me a reaction or don’t its fine
  • LMAO 6

Adakam

Well deserved, dont vote for an idiot next time. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

CautiousLurker
38 minutes ago, DeIusional said:

step bro?!? what are you doing to our country?!?

trump: I’m f*cking it in the *ss!sexy donald trump GIF by Bubble Punk

Where is that gif from... the crotch thrust I mean, not trumps face :oprah:

Asking for myself :huntyga:

Edit: Nvm, found it... it's... John Travolta

giphy.gif

Spoiler

Who is the hunk behind him tho :hor:

Edited by CautiousLurker
desparate-depression-riddled-d*ck-obsessed-horndog... 4masc
  • LMAO 5

imnotyourbabe10

Since I lack the knowledge about these things, I sought some Reddit commentary:

"In a normal environment, 10 year bonds should offer higher yields than 2 year bonds, because you have your money tied up longer and there is a risk/cost associated with time.

When investors begin worrying about a recession or feel the economy is overheated, they will start investing in longer term bonds (like 10 years) to keep their money safe and protected. The higher demand there is for 10 year bonds, the lower the yields are for those bonds (supply and demand). So what you have is less people wanting short term investments in an overheated economy, and more people wanting longer term, seemingly “safer” investments via 10 year bonds. Demand for 2 year bonds goes down, demand for 10 year bonds go up. As a result, yields on 2 years go up, yields on 10 years go down, thus the “inversion”.

Important to note: this does not mean we are “in” a recession by any means. It’s just a common thing that happens leading up to a recession. We’ve been in a 10 year recovery period, which is a very long time, so this does not surprise anyone who works in the industry. Simply put: calm down y’all, this is normal!"

My take: Not sure I agree with this person's "calm down" sentiment because, sure it's normal but the rich investors don't mind the recession's impacts as much as the workers who get laid off and are totally screwed because of it and the privileged ones' actions.

Anyway, late stage capitalism has been fun, has it not? :saladga:  And does anyone else just get to the point where you think we just deserve this?  Climate change, another recession (albeit "normal"), reversion to the "Demon haunted world," and so on?

Gagaloo92

Yup. We been knew.

This economy is weak af unlike the corporatists would have you believe. It's only "good" or "great" if you're at the top of this economy. 

For everyone else it's horrible, and mediocre at best.

Edited by Gagaloo92
  • Like 3

kyanewest

Lisa Simpson predicted it

You all americans need to pay more attention to this tv show..

The crowds are gone. And it's time to wash out the blonde.

27monster27
43 minutes ago, DeIusional said:

sexy donald trump GIF by Bubble Punk

I- :rip::deadbanana:

Edited by 27monster27

ItsTommyBitch

Elizabeth Warren predicted this months ago :fan: 

Rip.

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから
  • Like 2

LaLuna

So much for making American great again 

trump_oh_well.jpg

"Social media is the toilet of the Internet"