Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Trump halts tarriff increase

Featured Posts

Woolfsmck

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump-caves-on-tariffs-181925373.html

"President Trump delayed the new tariffs on a large batch of Chinese imports that were supposed to go into effect Sept. 1, and exempted some other Chinese imports altogether. The move deescalates Trump’s trade war with China"

Good news ..China is buying a mess off ag from the us too ..

Normalized trade should calm worries about a recession ... 

like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

MrG1087
3 minutes ago, Woolfsmck said:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump-caves-on-tariffs-181925373.html

"President Trump delayed the new tariffs on a large batch of Chinese imports that were supposed to go into effect Sept. 1, and exempted some other Chinese imports altogether. The move deescalates Trump’s trade war with China"

Good news ..China is buying a mess off ag from the us too ..

Normalized trade should calm worries about a recession ... 

I had a feeling this would be related to the fears of a recession that caused the stocks to tank a bit this morning.

• Like 1

hankhatesyouall

This is actually really dumb. Trump's hard stance on China's blatant currency manipulations is one of the main reasons why I support him. 

What was the purpose of announcing tariffs to later backtrack like this? 

Tariffs DO WORK. 

We need to weaken the Chinese yuan and let their economy crash and burn. I don't mind the global recession. 

• LMAO 2
  • Sad 1

Cocaine Heart
3 minutes ago, hankhatesyouall said:

This is actually really dumb. Trump's hard stance on China's blatant currency manipulations is one of the main reasons why I support him. 

What was the purpose of announcing tariffs to later backtrack like this? 

Tariffs DO WORK. 

We need to weaken the Chinese yuan and let their economy crash and burn. I don't mind the global recession. 

I- 

The things I read on this site literally shake me. 

• Like 4
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1

hankhatesyouall
2 hours ago, Cocaine Heart said:

I- 

The things I read on this site literally shake me. 

What is wrong with the imminent global recession? 
The only reason why I fear it is because it jeopardizes Trump's reelection chances. The booming economy is his strong talking point. 
However, those who invest in hedge assets like gold will benefit greatly (we stan Peter Schiff in this house). Russia has been the biggest buyer of gold as of recently.    

Edited by hankhatesyouall
  • LMAO 1

Snorlax
42 minutes ago, hankhatesyouall said:

The only reason why I fear it is because it jeopardize's Trump's reelection chances. The booming economy is his strong talking point. 
However, those who invest in hedge assets like gold will benefit greatly (we stan Peter Schiff in this house). Russia has been the biggest buyer of gold as of recently.    

He can thank Obama for our booming  economy. 

• YAAAS 1
  • Love 3

Gagaloo92
1 hour ago, hankhatesyouall said:

The only reason why I fear it is because it jeopardize's Trump's reelection chances. The booming economy is his strong talking point. 

The "booming economy" says the one not even in or from the US. The audacity to claim to know about  something when you don't even live it or experience it  :ladyhaha:

The "great economy" talking point is so overused and stale by now. It's only great for those at the top who receive all the welfare in this country. Corporate welfare.

The so-called great economy in the US is being propped up by a consumer debt and stock buybacks bubble that over-inflates the entire market and harms it long-term.

We're well on our way to the next crash, Trump and the Republicans have done everything they can to see to that what with doing the same BS that led to the 2008 economic collapse. It's just a matter of WHEN the market crashes, not if.

Meanwhile the Trump tax, which is making goods more expensive due to his idiotic tariffs, only makes the economy even worse for the AVERAGE American.

Edited by Gagaloo92
  • Like 5
  • YAAAS 1

PartySick

The only reason why I fear it is because it jeopardize's Trump's reelection chances.

There should be some kind of law against this kind of thinking :emma:

OT: Good. Now let's invest in the industries of the future like green energy and space please :huntyga:

I identify as Michael Jackson. My pronouns are he/hee.
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

JustinTrudeau

Cause there's a bigger world than USA? Americans should not be prized above other citizens on a global scale. 

Your own Canadian neighbours will suffer from the recession. That's a dangerous way to go about it.

But I guess you don't care about anyone but yourself and your 1920 thinking?

I fell down the stairs once as an actor.

MrG1087
3 minutes ago, Gagaloo92 said:

The "booming economy" says the one not even in or from the US. The audacity to claim to know about  something when you don't even live it or experience it  :ladyhaha:

The "great economy" talking point is so overused and stale by now. It's only great for those at the top who receive all the welfare in this country. Corporate welfare.

The so-called great economy in the US is being propped up by a consumer debt and stock buybacks bubble that over-inflates the entire market and harms it long-term.

We're well on our way to the next crash, Trump and the Republicans have done everything they can to see to that what with doing the same BS that led to the 2008 economic collapse. It's just a matter of WHEN the market crashes, not if.

Meanwhile the Trump tax, which is making goods more expensive due to his idiotic tariffs, only makes the economy even worse for the AVERAGE American.

preach GIF by Shalita Grant