💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

FAME Film (Full HD)

imasugarush

Featured Posts

DontDoubtDavid

wait one second.... remember this leaked video of the commercial?:

This was not included in the "final" cut? What if theres another version thats gonna be posted later? If not, there were is this bonus material??? :O

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• misanthrope

• jhonyguy04

• Emily Thorne

• Mills

3q425253qwewq

On the contrary his only posting in the Madonna thread while simultaneously **** talking gaga and more prominently this fanbase using vulgarity was my tip off. He was quite condescending in other threads and also quite subtly vulgar. It was not his liking Madonna that was the tip off actually, thats a misinterpretation of what I said. An understandable one I suppose.

My intention isn't necessarily to defend Gaga herself, at least not usually with the exception of my behavior in this thread, but to protect this site from the unproductive anti-gaga cynicism that plagues sites like o.g.g, twitter, and atrl. And honestly i've told the moderators, i posted it in the thread after that specific argument, and im posting it now: i'm the first to admit that my attempt at combating what I perceive to be the unnecessary anti-gaga cynicism i referred to backfires because of my own arrogance.

Read both about how the member was a troll, or one of the other ones was, which is sad, and I can understand being frustrated back @ me for defending them, and no I totally understand, I think its awesome that you have such a keen intellect + eye for the subject of Gaga, I just... Meh for the sake of adding further debate, We will just call a spade a spade. Just try and not be to horrible to some users :) Not all of us our here to ruin gaga; Id like to see her having a strong career for the next 20 years+ but things like this, both release & "performance" piece werent my cup of [truth] tea, BUT there is always next time! thats what I <3 :heart: about gaga, she always brings something new and hopefully, we, as fans will all be able to celebrate it for a long time

- minus the cynicism to the conversation!

:L4G:

Edited by DoubleChinn

Ultimately though, people loved her single choices (even if they may have not liked the Alejandro video which I dunno what you're talking about because many fans also loved it) and her performances always delivered and she never made or implied promises that she never kept... plus her songs also all charted well on the Billboard Hot 100.... so both fans and the general public were pleased with her

I don't know. Perphas you are right. But the whole Alejandro era was when the Madonna comparisons started. My dad who know little about contemporary pop culture looked at the video and said " eh, Madonna did that"

misanthrope

Ultimately though, people loved her single choices (even if they may have not liked the Alejandro video which I dunno what you're talking about because many fans also loved it) and her performances always delivered and she never made or implied promises that she never kept... plus her songs also all charted well on the Billboard Hot 100.... so both fans and the general public were pleased with her, and it was the success of The Fame Monster era that lead to such groundbreaking sales for Born This Way when the single was released the first day

The Alejandro video got a lot of flack from both monsters and casual fans actually. Gaga even noted the negative reception it got when she admitted that even though people seemed to dislike it she liked it a lot.

Also, that's when the Madonna comparisons became incredibly prominent and began to overshadow her.

It's been awhile so I think people look back on TFM era remembering only the positive (especially after the BTW era) and overlooking the negative. Because whatever negative attention shes gotten throughout this past era just seems much worse than her at least having a string of genuine top 40 hits to her name throughout tfm era

Edited by leviticus

I don't know. Perphas you are right. But the whole Alejandro era was when the Madonna comparisons started. My dad who know little about contemporary pop culture looked at the video and said " eh, Madonna did that"

And my dad who knows nothing about American pop culture (AT ALL) heard a bunch of GaGa songs and when he heard Born This Way he's like... "is she singing a Madonna song?" lol I died a little inside that day. I dunno the Madonna comparisons came before that but I agree Alejandro did not help... if anything Alejandro was her only minor slip up if that... it was still overall successful, more successful than half her singles from BTW

drbumblenut

Fans will never be pleased

I dont think gaga ever said it was going to be a "music video" for scheiße, but a fame commerical. yet the "fans" concoct bull**** in their heads of what they want then when its nothing like it they tear it apart.

:tea:

So depressing. Some fans connect with one moment in a long journey and are disappointed when the journey moves beyond the still image. I'm a fan of Gaga BECAUSE she constantly confuses me. I don't want to know what's going on all the time, and I want to watch Gaga tear apart something she spent years meticulously building. I love watching her build these castles and rip them apart. For me, that is what Gaga's mission in pop culture is.

Edited by drbumblenut

Redstreak

More and more I feel like the only one who liked all the BTW music videos. :sweat:

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

I like it! It's very unexpected and different and most importantly DARK. I'm a little confused as to why there are so many fans who dislike it so much.

misanthrope

Read both about how the member was a troll, or one of the other ones was, which is sad, and I can understand being frustrated back @ me for defending them, and no I totally understand, I think its awesome that you have such a keen intellect + eye for the subject of Gaga, I just... Meh for the sake of adding further debate, We will just call a spade a spade. Just try and not be to horrible to some users :) Not all of us our here to ruin gaga; Id like to see her having a strong career for the next 20 years+ but things like this, both release & "performance" piece werent my cup of [truth] tea, BUT there is always next time! thats what I <3 :heart: about gaga, she always brings something new and hopefully, we, as fans will all be able to celebrate it for a long time

- minus the cynicism to the conversation!

:L4G:

I think im a little misunderstood to be honest lol

But my actions today have been quite belligerent i'll give you that. But like the user I called out the other day argued, I have to agree this fanbase can be a little frustrating at times. The passion is so strong that if something meets expecations its overexaggerated positively and when something doesn't its overexaggerated negatively. I feel like theres rarely a sense of reasonable neutrality in response to what she does. Its either complete **** or godly. I'm all for middle ground. But I guess thats proof shes such a polarizing figure :shrug:

3q425253qwewq

Here is why I dislike it, IMO

This was taken from another thread from member "Famous," with my reply

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, fabulous explanation of her performance from ATRL, imo:

The sleeping thing is the key to understanding the whole performance art piece. The whole thing was about our obsession with pop stars and idols, so much so that we want to know about EVERY little detail of their lives.

Think back to 2007. People followed Britney around LA for HOURS, as she got gas, went to Starbucks, McDonalds, etc. Everything was photographed and written about and obsessed over. If people could have watched Britney sleep, they would have. She was metaphorically on the biggest stage in the world for that whole year during her breakdown. Everyone watched everything.

So tonight, Gaga put that on a literal stage. People tend to forget that Britney got a tattoo on the back of her head the same night she shaved it. She turned the decay of celebrity, the iconic image of a troubled star shaving her head as a cry for help, into a piece of art... It's literally taking place in a museum, after all.

She doesn't think you're going to be fascinated and thrilled watching her sleep for two hours. She's doing that specifically so you think, why the hell are we so obsessed with our icons that we sit here and watch them sleep?

She knows people are going to think this means she's out of ideas and that her time's up... So she literally put a "15 minutes of fame" countdown clock onstage with her, having already reached its end. She's a step ahead of you. Always.

Amazing. I'm in love.

EDIT: Forgot to add. What's the primary thing most of our idols get their career start because of? Sex appeal. Britney coasted for years on the whole "Not yet a girl, not yet a woman" persona... As the Rolling Stone "The Tragedy of Britney Spears" cover story says, Britney was created as a virgin to be deflowered before our eyes. Everyone felt like they slept with Britney.

So Gaga's piece about the decline of the superstar? She calls it "Sleeping With Gaga," so we all think it's about our collective desire to have s-x with her, and then we're literally just stuck watching her sleep. Brilliant subversion.

Reply:

And thats about right in terms of what this represented, at least in my own perception.... but the irony is so severe, it is eroding. Meaning, It burns the obsession off of her - this was offputting - I get the symbolism, I get the thought process - but it makes me just shrug my shoulders. Why waste my time following someone who is being filmed taking a nap for four hours, when I could be following another artist who is TRYING to make actual, groundbreaking work?

Scheibe, a nap, peeing in a toillete, and instagramming herself with self portraits isnt that.

I've been acting over dramatically on how awesome it was <3

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Sylvanas

It should have at least had the same remix that was used in the trailer. And it was WAY too dark. Like, not dark as in creepy, satanga, but as in like I couldn't see half of the things happening :laughga:

"Who are we, if not slaves to this torment?"

I feel like GaGa still has very clever and genius ideas.... its just her delivery of those ideas are just very hit and miss these days. She used to be so clever with her delivery of her social commentary that made a big dramatic statement.... now she has all these great ideas but the delivery just seems underwhelming, which I feel is the main reasons why so many fans seem let down. I just don't understand why Scheiße couldn't be playing in the background of that commercial.... she knew the fans wanted it and it would have been something fun as well as very thought provoking and mysterious

I still love her a lot.... I just hope she can find that effective delivery of her ideas like she used to

Edited by SevaGaGa