šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

opinion

Gaga, her team, and PR

LilyLark

Featured Posts

LilyLark

Edited: Since apparently my mild critique of Gaga's team and how they handled this relationship roll out p*ssed some of y'all off, I've asked the mods to delete it.

Ā 

Ā 

MonsterMom
3 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

I'll probably get dragged for this, but here goes my long as* analysis. While I think people are sometimes way too harsh on Gaga's team, this time I'm like...smdh.

It doesn't matter what Gaga's love life is like at this time, it absolutely makes sense to do a PR spin on a new relationship (whether it's a real relationship or not) if LG6 is coming out in the next few months. She's probably sick of the homewrecker rumors (which is a misogynistic term, anyways) and Bradley/ASIB becoming the headline, instead of her new music, could be a problem. Sure, most PR is good PR in some ways....but that sort of thing can spiral way out of control. However, doing a pap set up with a new man, at this time, means the romance rumors will probably be played out in the press and dead in the water if she's rolling out new music in the next two monthsā€”so her music becomes front and center. And yeah, this absolutely has PR written all over itā€”People "exclusives" and clear pap shots of a patio when it's way too hot to normally be sitting out there during the middle of the day. Ask a couple of commenters lol, like KTaylor, that I called this (some sort of pap set up with a new man before LG6 comes out) months ago.

Now here comes the negative part: on the surface, he looks like a safe bet to use as a PR tool (not dragging Gaga for a savvy stunt with the tabs/press). However, Gaga's team should have guessed that there was potential for the ex wife to act salty in an attempt to get PR considering she's a wannabe actress who doesn't appear particularly successful. There's clearly no overlapā€”I read a few of the articles and Radar already dug up his divorce records and they were split for nearly a year before he even started working with Gaga. Plus, it sounds like they were even separated before that for a while and FBI little monsters found out the ex has a boyfriend. But his ex is already acting messy on IG and while the general GP won't noticeā€”the tabloids and celeb gossip audience, which I think Gaga's PR was also partially targetingā€”will notice. Headlines like "Gaga's new man ex said this" definitely imply something shady went on and people often only read the headlines.Ā  So while this probably killed most of the Bradley rumors with the more mainstream tabloids and with a section of the GP, it probably hasn't done much to shake the "homewrecker" label with some of the tabloids and the audience for celeb gossip.

If this is a real relationship, they should have cautioned her to not go public unless it was seriousā€”and People (a publicist source) makes it sound like this is a new thing so how serious can it be?Ā  He's in the music industryā€”he likely would have understood if his new gf did a pap stroll with some hot dude and let the tabloids come up with whatever conjecture. If there's nothing romantic going on and she just needed a friend she could trust to serve as a "fake bf" for a brief period to get rid of the Bradley rumors, again her team should have been able to size up potential candidates and pick someone with absolutely no baggage. There are a million actors/models who would jump at the chance to get some free PR by being "caught" having dinner with Gaga a handful of times.

TLDR: Her team did a half-as* job on this roll out. Between this and how her team handled the R. KellyĀ  mess, I really side-eye her PR at times.

And couldnā€™t they have at least gotten him to act like he was interested in her...the whole thing is weirdĀ :gum:

ydnmnme

I agree. Also donā€™t forget about Haus Labs launch. Russian trolls kinda sabotaged the promo onĀ her own instagram account. I believe her team was pissed af.Ā 

š¼ š’¹š‘œš“ƒ'š“‰ š“Œš’¶š“ƒš“ƒš’¶ š’·š‘’ š’¶š“š‘œš“ƒš‘’ š’»š‘œš“‡š‘’š“‹š‘’š“‡, š’·š“Šš“‰ š¼ š’øš’¶š“ƒ š’·š‘’ š“‰š‘œš“ƒš’¾š‘”š’½š“‰

Runway

R kelly mess is so forgotten, people paid attention for like 5 minutes and then the GP went back to "yes gaga yes ASIB". Another classic case of liddos blowing stuff out of proportion :toofunny:

LGMonster95
2 minutes ago, Runway said:

R kelly mess is so forgotten, people paid attention for like 5 minutes and then the GP went back to "yes gaga yes ASIB". Another classic case of liddos blowing stuff out of proportion :toofunny:

I mean this is like a tradition here already

JR Gg

The stupidity of getting "another model or celebrity for a PR stunt".Ā :flop:Ā That would be a whole big mess and a massive PR fail if there are like even little minor giveawaysĀ :rip:

Don't blow things out of proportion. LiterallyĀ NO LEGIT PUBLICATIONĀ has even mentioned his ex wifeĀ except Radar OnlineĀ and that post was captioned "Poker Face" with a beauty shot of herself.

I believe you haveĀ never studied PRĀ and this was not a half-assed job. A half-assed PR isĀ Shawn and Camila's romance.Ā :ally:

Now, chill out.

Oh and that R.Kelly mess was partially because of idiotic monsters. When you have monsters as fans, you'd know the celebrity's PR team is doomed. Examples of Gaga's PR messes caused by monsters: There could be a hundred people, Bradley Cooper Romance Rumors etc.

LaLa

I dunno, kinda weird and kinda messy relationships are Gaga's thing tbhĀ :huntyga:Ā She's never really had nice clean PR friendly relationships.Ā 

There was baby mama stuff with Matt Williams, when she got back with Luc he had been seeing another girl who was salty, Taylor pocket dialed his gf when he started hooking up with Gaga and that's how the girl found outĀ :smh:Ā And lots of people thought Christian was a fake relationship when we first saw them together.Ā 

I obviously have no idea what's going on with this new guy, but for whatever else it is, it seems on brand for GagaĀ :selena:

LilyLark
25 minutes ago, JR Gg said:

The stupidity of getting "another model or celebrity for a PR stunt".Ā :flop:Ā That would be a whole big mess and a massive PR fail if there are like even little minor giveawaysĀ :rip:

Don't blow things out of proportion. LiterallyĀ NO LEGIT PUBLICATIONĀ has even mentioned his ex wifeĀ except Radar OnlineĀ and that post was captioned "Poker Face" with a beauty shot of herself.

I believe you haveĀ never studied PRĀ and this was not a half-assed job. A half-assed PR isĀ Shawn and Camila's romance.Ā :ally:

Now, chill out.

Sis his ex wife's IG was mentioned in separate articles by People, US Weekly, and E! (aka the holy trinity of tabloids/celeb gossip sources). They are definitely legit publications, unlike Radar, and considered the top tier tabs. So while it's not a huge thing, it's definitely a bit of a thing. Again, I don't think this is some huge deal (Brian wasĀ  a bigger deal) and I am chill. Just because I tend to write very long posts doesn't mean I'm all excitable.

I just think it's another example of how her PR bungles sh*t sometimesā€”they only partially did away with homewrecker rumors and all that sh*tā€”when they could have completely killed nearly all of it. Not sure why people can come on her and completely drag her team to h*ll, but a mild critique of her team gets me dragged?

Lilmonzter

I truly don't care about her personal life as long as she's in a healthy relationship!Ā  We all want what's best for her! PR stunt or otherwise!:hor:

Sing C'est la vieĀ 

JazzGa

I don't think the ex will cause any negative light on Gaga. If anything, she looks like an opportunistic shallow fame-grabber herself, by postingĀ obvious Gaga references when she finds out she might have one tiny chance to be associated with Gaga.Ā  I mean I don't blame her, you gotta get that career engine running somehow :ladyhaha:Ā At least she just posted "Poker Face" and not something mean or ambiguous like "Ha"

I've taken a few dips in the lady pond

LilyLark
32 minutes ago, Runway said:

Yikes. Honestly, I don't think this is a big deal at all (the R. Kelly thing was). People routinely drag her team to h*ll on here, so this was my mild critique that they did a half as* job. They had an opportunity to basically kill nearly all the rumors, and instead only partially got rid of them. Not sure why I'm getting dragged for this...just thought it was weird/worth nothing how oddly this was handled.

• CyanLights locked this topic

Archived