💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lil Nas X rejects Pete Buttigieg collab

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

The crossover pop star responsible for the mega-hit “Old Town Road,” currently shattering records on the Billboard Hot 100, was the headlining act at a live variety show hosted by BuzzFeed in New York on Thursday evening.

The Daily Beast has learned that BuzzFeed was in talks to include Buttigieg, the openly gay South Bend mayor who has catapulted to notoriety and early success in the Democratic primary.

Buttigieg was pitched on a preliminary idea of appearing via video, reciting the lyrics to “Old Town Road” in some form of a collaboration with the surging pop star. But according to sources, the plan was foiled when Lil Nas X rejected the proposal. 

The singer was not opposed to Buttigieg personally, sources said, but instead told BuzzFeed News that he did not want to be seen as endorsing a particular candidate in the race.

As a result, the sources said, the idea was dropped and Buttigieg did not participate in the event.

DeleteMyAccount

Lil Nas has much bigger political issues to reject like his thoughts on immigrants.

Galagala

That's a wise and acceptable action.:legend:

Celebrities do not need to take sides in every  election or political events.

5 minutes ago, Galagala said:

That's a wise and acceptable action.:legend:

Celebrities do not need to take sides in every  election or political events.

Celebrities don’t need to, but it says a lot about their character when they don’t. When there are children sleeping in aluminum foil blankets in cages at the border then not choosing a side is choosing a side because you’re complacent. However, I’m glad he didn’t collaborate with Pete because I don’t think Pete is a good candidate.

Lion Heart

The Daily Beast has learned that BuzzFeed was in talks to include Buttigieg, the openly gay South Bend mayor who has catapulted to notoriety and early success in the Democratic primary.

...Why? :what:

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

BigDreamer

This is slightly damaging to my perception of Buttigieg. Whether it was his idea or just mutually pitched I don't like cheap gimmicky publicity. As much as I can admire him as a real contender for his merit; its tasteless to be tagged onto som⁷eone for sharing the same sexual orientation . I'm glad Lil Nas X  declined for that alone. There are still many contenders in the primary race and i hope that his sexuality isnt the only thing that keeps him in the news as the field thins out....but then again the POtuS is a reality show star. *Sigh*:saladga:

Lion Heart

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Archived