Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The Lion King has only 1 real shot

Didymus

Featured Posts

Didymus

Live action, huh? :vegas:

Animated films are getting expensive. 260 million for this. Same as Tangled.

Didymus

I expected a lot of the nature shots/backgrounds to be real at least :air:

lego

ok but I love Jon Favreau :giveup:  he directed all Iron Man movies and he’s hilarious as Happy in latest Spiderman. 

FreePalestine

Enzo

:air:

Why even is it called live action then? :wtfga:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

Jadeykins

well they obviously did a good job because nobody noticed 

Regina George

You know how hard it would be for them to take shots of the real world and just place CGI lions in there? I mean what did y’all expect? It’s not a documentary, it’s a movie about talking lions. Ofc it’s CGI. But the CGI in this is AMAZING and I couldn’t tell that it’s CGI. Avatar is live action but 90% of that movie is CGI. Jungle Book too. 

Reality

Ummmm....did you think it was  live action?? It's a movei about talking/singing lions, of course 99% of it was CGI.

🃏🖤👹

Reality
37 minutes ago, Enzo said:

:air:

Why even is it called live action then? :wtfga:

Cause it simulates the real world. Of course it's not a "live action" movie, but you can't really market it as an animated movie either because then people will confuse with with the original animated movie.

🃏🖤👹

Didymus
9 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

you can't really market it as an animated movie either because then people will confuse with with the original animated movie. 

Nobody would be confused. They just would care a lot less because that means it's just a remake in another animated style. Obviously they knew what they were doing but you can't deny that Disney pushing this "live action" narrative led to a lot more box office gross simply because of that wording :shrug:

Yes, we knew from the beginning most of it was going to be CGI but I did not expect there to be only one out of 1490 shots using real life photography. I thought it was worth sharing because of that, and also because that makes the price tag even more special: animated films usually don't cross the 200 million mark.

Didymus
1 hour ago, lego said:

ok but I love Jon Favreau :giveup:  he directed all Iron Man movies and he’s hilarious as Happy in latest Spiderman. 

He did not direct Iron Man 3. He worked on Cowboys & Aliens and Chef instead at that time. Just a not-so-important correction :vegas:

I appreciate Favreau but imo his only good movie is Iron Man.

Reality
2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Nobody would be confused. They just would care a lot less because that means it's just a remake in another animated style. Obviously they knew what they were doing but you can't deny that Disney pushing this "live action" narrative led to a lot more box office gross simply because of that wording :shrug:

They lead with "live action" because that's what it's supposed to simulate. Even if it is animated, why not capitalize on the fact that this movie is making some great technical achievement?

🃏🖤👹

Archived