💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

HDD Final: Beyoncé #3 with 51K

Miaou

Featured Posts

TimisaMonster

BeYoNcE iS iNdIe NoW :selena:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond
10 hours ago, monketsharona said:

A lot of pop girls need to realise this

But those pop girls actually do promo and have standard album roll-outs, so I don't really know what you mean by this. Granted, some aren't doing much promo but that's the fault of their labels, which they can't help. However, Beyonce decided to abstain from promo because she thought that made her and her music more desirable because of the air of mystery and exclusivity that she provides to these things. And she's making almost all her own career decisions considering that her music is partly distributed through her Parkwood Entertainment label. I can therefore conclude that it's her decision to not promote, not the bad decisions of her label and the latter is unfortunately true for many of her contemporaries.

9 hours ago, Didymus said:

Good point :applause:

However, if she promoted it too much it would backfire too 'cause it would make her look like she was trying to own or even surpass The Lion King itself :emma: 

Let's be honest here, it was a dumb af project (strategically) that was never able to do well commercially, and her role as Nala does nothing for her career except make her millions. She should've just stayed out of it and focused on a new album, she sure could've used most of the songs from The Gift and they would've reached a much larger audience that way.

I wouldn't hold it against her if she promoted it heavily (I know most people here would assume I would but no) because that's just the way of things when you put out an album. My issue with Beyonce in the last few years has been her lack of promotion because it comes across like she's above that stuff. I can just imagine her thinking "promo's for artists who don't have my talent, fanbase, success or star power, so why should I work my ass off promoting when I can sit back and watch the sales flood in?" It's hardly a radical theory that she thinks this way considering she sings the line "I'm that #1 chick, I don't need no hype" in I Been On. I always knew that line was going to come back to bite her one day because no one can remain #1 or get by with no hype their entire lives. Thing is, though, even with promo, I still don't think this song would've done well. It's just not hit material. And I realised that the fact she hasn't promoted it is hardly a worthwhile defence of its low chart position when you consider that Shallow was hardly promoted whatsoever and its very few performances were after the movie had been out for months and was no longer playing in theatres and when awards were being handed out for it. Apart from Gaga's solo Grammys performance of it plus singing it in Vegas at her extremely limited number of dates (not all of which even involved this tune being sung) and their joint performance at the Oscars, there was no promo for this song. Even when promo opportunities came up, they didn't take them, they saved it all for the massive events later on when the movie had ironically calmed right down and it didn't even go #1 in the US until after the movie finished its run and she won an Oscar for it. The song just sold on its own as it was that good and connected. Now, there's nothing to say that Beyonce couldn't take the same route and just wait until the movie's calmed down before performing Spirit everywhere in the same way...but if the song hasn't connected at all by that point, it'll just be a waste of time, money and effort to do so and she may just cut her losses. It's funny, when it was announced she'd be writing music for the film and she was going to have a song written by her, Elton and Tim Rice, I thought the Oscar could well be in the bag. Then it all was revealed that she didn't write any songs with Elton and Tim, they weren't on a song together, she was releasing a side album of original songs and Frozen 2 was being released the same year. And then I thought maybe she wasn't even going to be a nomination. How times change.

Agreed, she should've just focused on creating a new proper studio release instead of this because the songs might actually have been heard that way. Brown Skin Girl is apparently going to be the next "single" so we'll have to wait and see if there's a video and promo for it and where that leads. But I will say that if this chart news doesn't spur on her fans to buy copies next week (like they did for Homecoming, which sold more copies and charted better in its second week when news spread), then it looks like her fans are nowhere near as loyal as they once were. I can only hope that this doesn't mean that she retreats back into Tidal exclusives because that will kill her accessibility and if the recent performance of her last few projects prove, she needs to be available to all.

gypsy101
7 hours ago, myluis617 said:

Why make a soundtrack to the film and also be a part of it and not have the songs tell the story of the film. I have heard plenty of other sountracks where the songs petfectly matched the movie, like the style of music and the lyrics as well. Im just being picky because I know some good songwriting would have made the soundtrack better.  My opinion.

how many other soundtracks even are there of songs inspired by the film?? i can think of Black Panther and that’s literally it. and if you think that soundtrack told the story of the film... lmao

i think it’s a terrific album idk what you’re all listening to that’s mediocre

Haroon

I mean I haven’t seen the movie yet so I can’t say whether it goes with anything, but I’ve heard the album twice/thrice and I really liked it :party:

Maybe more people will like it as time goes on :huh: Maybe people don’t know it’s there :duck: Either way, I’m sure her next album (as in solo venture which isn’t attached to anything) will do much better as they tend to :happy:

Archived