💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

No Plus Size Models In Haus Labs Ads?

ShayCristoforo

Featured Posts

Didymus
2 minutes ago, Oriane said:

My brain probably only remembered the ones showed in the official make-up collections.

Yes, there are already models with different skin colors, genders, and most of them are overall non-conventionally looking, you can't have everything. 

Well, imagine we said the same when it was all white people :shrug: That's not a very admirable philosophy to follow, especially when your brand is dedicated to celebrating diversity :rip:

It's not that big a deal because we know Gaga cares about this issue and will probably have realized this little mistake on her own already :air: Somehow I feel like you guys aren't giving her enough credit in this thread. I really, sincerely do not think Gaga would agree with the people in here saying "it's make-up who cares", "being fat is a lifestyle so they shouldn't be represented" etc. :wtf: Do you guys really believe she would?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dominic

You could say the same about any attribute, how can you include every single 'type' of person?  :shrug:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Didymus
7 minutes ago, Dominic said:

You could say the same about any attribute

Not really. There are a lot more plus size people (across genders, skin colors, etc.) than those other categories you guys keep bringing up :rip:

I feel like you guys just aren't playing fair. Again: what if it were all white models? You really would've used the same "well, you can't include everyone, what about homeless people?!" argumentation? :awkney:

It just would've been nice to have a plus size model included. And I'm sure Gaga realizes that too if she's made aware of that.

JusKeepBreathin

That's only thing that disappoints me about the ads. Other than that they are perfect. Literally perfect.  It's not even about plus size. All the models are all waifs. There isn't even a regular sized girl or guy in the ads. I really think that will hurt her brand. Especially when her ad says, "our Haus your rules." But apparently you are not invited into our Haus if you are not a size zero or a 28 in waist. 

It's an unhealthy standard. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

JusKeepBreathin
3 hours ago, SHALLOW said:

The focus is clearly on gender and self expression and it's hard enough to find non binary models. They wanted to show the makeup on androgynous faces. The body has nothing to do with makeup cause you don't wear makeup on the body. I'm 100% sure that if Gaga will ever make a clothing line, she'l include different body types. 

It's ridicolous that i even have to explain it to you. :triggered::saladga:

Androgynous and non binary is NOT the same thing girl. You might have just list another problem with the ad that no one would have noticed if you weren't trying so damn hard to defend it. :laughga:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Kapi09

The same can be said about anorexics, redheads etc.

People should really stop looking for signs of discrimination, it is just a commercial.

My name isn't Alice

Because its not profitable to put plus sized models on the ad, so why should she?

Didymus
1 minute ago, Adakam said:

Because its not profitable to put plus sized models on the ad, so why should she?

3 minutes ago, Kapi09 said:

People should really stop looking for signs of discrimination, it is just a commercial.

Disgusting :ohwell:

You guys don't even realize what you're saying. If we treated the LGBT+ community that way you can't even imagine the consequences :madge:

GGD being extra disappointing these days. Wtf is wrong with y'all.

Guest Adarsh
21 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

That's only thing that disappoints me about the ads. Other than that they are perfect. Literally perfect.  It's not even about plus size. All the models are all waifs. There isn't even a regular sized girl or guy in the ads. I really think that will hurt her brand. Especially when her ad says, "our Haus your rules." But apparently you are not invited into our Haus if you are not a size zero or a 28 in waist. 

It's an unhealthy standard. 

So you’re telling me that if I have a 28 inch waist, I’m promoting an unhealthy standard? :oprah:

1 minute ago, Didymus said:

GGD being extra disappointing these days. 

Why would I care if my comment "dissapoints" you from the forum?

And why dont you use a counterargument to what I said instead of calling it "disgusting" like a 3 year old? Reported

JusKeepBreathin
1 minute ago, Adarsh said:

So you’re telling me that if I have a 28 inch waist, I’m promoting an unhealthy standard? :oprah:

Do you own a make up line and ONLY hire models with 28 inch waists?

Stop with the ridiculous false equivalency.

Archived